3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

"
ketpo69 wrote:
Really liking the build so far, I'm currently lvl 70. What other items could improve the build? Example Kaom's Heart. Also, I'm not sure i understand why you suggested that late game amulet. It seems that this amulet have synergy when you use multiple aliments. Thank you for your help and awsome build :)

It's a twofer in a sense that it lets us apply shock with our fire damage and also gives a decent % increase when both shock and ignite are on the target.

I suppose you could use skitterbots for getting shocks, but since this is a build tailored for smooth and low-upkeep gameplay I figured it would be a better option.

As far as investments are concerned, Kaom's is a pretty sweet option, but with so many uniques occupying our slots it won't be easy to get required resist caps (though +100 fire res from ascendancy certainly helps). Cinderswallow is pretty neat tho.

I'll update the initial post with some lategame options a bit later today.
Last edited by awesoweh on Dec 28, 2019, 2:20:31 AM
"
KronusGH wrote:
Hey, so i'm planning on doing this build, but i'm a bit insecure about it's damage on this league, any feedback about it? ther are any videos of the build's showcase?

Here's a shitty video with shitty gameplay of me running a T11 map at level 71 and without Uber Lab (got Ramako, Hinekora and Tasalio):

Keep in mind that I am not using a proper setup, so don't judge the build just for this video only. With the appropriate map level the build runs way smoother, and with the Scorching Ray totem the boss damage is significantly higher.

My gear in the video (spent less than 30c total):
Spoiler

"
Freakey_ wrote:
"
KronusGH wrote:
Hey, so i'm planning on doing this build, but i'm a bit insecure about it's damage on this league, any feedback about it? ther are any videos of the build's showcase?

Here's a shitty video with shitty gameplay of me running a T11 map at level 71 and without Uber Lab (got Ramako, Hinekora and Tasalio):

Keep in mind that I am not using a proper setup, so don't judge the build just for this video only. With the appropriate map level the build runs way smoother, and with the Scorching Ray totem the boss damage is significantly higher.

Spoiler

Unless it's a display bug or smt, you should move the Armag Brand setup from searing touch to helmet. Touch's +2 skills works on all gems not just the ones socketed in, however the helmet's Supported by burning damage works only on gems that are in it.
"
awesoweh wrote:
"
Freakey_ wrote:
"
KronusGH wrote:

Spoiler

Unless it's a display bug or smt, you should move the Armag Brand setup from searing touch to helmet. Touch's +2 skills works on all gems not just the ones socketed in, however the helmet's Supported by burning damage works only on gems that are in it.

I know, and it's not a bug. I am waiting to change the helmet, since this one would require 4 off color sockets. I just grabbed a helmet with the highest Max Life and Lightning Resist rolls I could (it cost 1c) to start mapping.
Last edited by Freakey_ on Dec 28, 2019, 5:58:54 AM
"
Freakey_ wrote:

I know, and it's not a bug. I am waiting to change the helmet, since this one would require 4 off color sockets. I just grabbed a helmet with the highest Max Life and Lightning Resist rolls I could (it cost 1c) to start mapping.

Fair enough :) Good deal of folks that come by are pretty new to the game, so I was just making sure.

How is this build for delveing?
"
Reniz wrote:
How is this build for delveing?

Should be fairly solid, the only downside is that dps has a bit of a ramp up, so if your light radius is low it can get a little annoying at deeper delves (shouldn't really be an issue though, unless you dodge most of the azurite spots), beyond that it's good for most if not all of the upon-arrival encounters since you can cover multiple spawn points with brands + you got them ignite pools.
So a weird question, after i put my staff and pseudo 5 link helm my tooltip dps went down, is that normal? i'm quite new and i based my gear choices on that untill now
I guess it would REALLY help if you at least mentioned Brand Recall- it's just a life saver while clearing. So far i have ~1k mana (270 after all aurasas), my Brand costs 71 mana per use, which means that i cast 4 or 5 and i'm out of mana. Using brands only when they start to disappear and cosntantly dashing->recalling is just a better option, because recall costs 30 mana and instantly spawns all 4/5 of the brands. Also, it's a perfect "oh shiet button', i haven't seen the pack of mobs or mini-boss that would survive it.

Also, to everyone that wonders what the hell is that Brand dps- the game is off, A LOT. It doesn't take into concideration a lot of factors, including frequency or "brand deals +x% damage to enemy it's attached to", not to mention burning.
So far it shows 5-7k, but it surely does more than your avarage plain skill with ~50k.
So far i'm in love with this build. It's your perfect "cast once or twice and don't worry, everything will burn". Sometimes i don't even notice the boss i branded and dashed away already died.
"
Rosashy wrote:
So a weird question, after i put my staff and pseudo 5 link helm my tooltip dps went down, is that normal? i'm quite new and i based my gear choices on that untill now

In-game tooltips lie all the time (to be fair PoB is not 100% either), but if you could make your characters tab available (it's in profile -> privacy settings afaik) we can figure out what's happening.

"
berial6 wrote:
I guess it would REALLY help if you at least mentioned Brand Recall- it's just a life saver while clearing. So far i have ~1k mana (270 after all aurasas), my Brand costs 71 mana per use, which means that i cast 4 or 5 and i'm out of mana. Using brands only when they start to disappear and cosntantly dashing->recalling is just a better option, because recall costs 30 mana and instantly spawns all 4/5 of the brands. Also, it's a perfect "oh shiet button', i haven't seen the pack of mobs or mini-boss that would survive it.

Also, to everyone that wonders what the hell is that Brand dps- the game is off, A LOT. It doesn't take into concideration a lot of factors, including frequency or "brand deals +x% damage to enemy it's attached to", not to mention burning.
So far it shows 5-7k, but it surely does more than your avarage plain skill with ~50k.
So far i'm in love with this build. It's your perfect "cast once or twice and don't worry, everything will burn". Sometimes i don't even notice the boss i branded and dashed away already died.

Brand Recall has been discussed quite a few times in the thread, i'll clean up the initial post eventually. My view on it is that it's useful during leveling but it leads to developing bad habits (running into things) that'll bite you in the ass late game, so I'm not a big fan. But if it works for you, then by all means have at it.
Last edited by awesoweh on Dec 30, 2019, 9:30:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info