Performance Hotfix Deployed

"
sarannah101 wrote:
"
mrosendahl wrote:
Everyone is complaining about performance being very bad in blight. Meanwhile it's the best league (performance wise)for me since before ascendancy got introduced. 0 lag and only 1 crash since blight whent live

First week I experienced 0 crashes and 0 lag, could stay logged in as long as I wanted(few times 6+ hours). Now this pc reboots when trying to play PoE. And only in PoE does this happen. It does not take much to go from perfectly fine to totally unplayable.

So I tried to play again on my main pc, the one which reboots while attempting to play PoE. And this patch did not seem to help. I did notice that when I logged in on my other pc, which can play without issues, that I got a major lag spike(like a 0.2 sec freeze) when reaching the same spot as where my main pc rebooted at. Hopefully this can help GGG narrow it down.
Note: I was in act 10 ravaged square, just to test if I would reboot when hunting. Have only done maps otherwise, in case GGG wants to check the particular instance in which it happened.

Thank you for your efforts towards performance, keep up the good work. Hopefully this will get fixed asap.

GGG said in the performance update that there is a problem with some NVIDIA drivers, so this may be your case.

You have the best communication of all the devs I've ever interacted with in my 20+ years of PC gaming, and these news updates keep proving that to me. Keep up the awesome work!
More hymns for Cassia when?
"
"The same fixes will be applied to console realms as soon as possible"

Should be the new console slogan.

"Path of Exile : Applied to Consoles, As Soon As Possible. Just don't hold your breath."

For real lol. We're tired of being treated like their red-headed stepchildren. Leagues being released 3 days late, and then 12 hours later than that for xbox users. 2 weeks late on the carnival box. Still waiting on the delve tab. Patches and hotfixes released a week after the PC client. I could go on and on.

Maybe they'd make more money from the console versions if they hired some competent programmers to fix the game. Poe has a terrible rating on the xbox and playstation stores and they all say the same thing: lag, de-sync, performance issues out the ass, frequent crashes.

Crazy when you realize Diablo 3 ran just fine on last-gen hardware, even with 4 players on the same screen using better graphics.

Makes you wonder where all that tencent funding is going, when even the PC players have had enough.
"
AmbientImpact wrote:

You have the best communication of all the devs I've ever interacted with in my 20+ years of PC gaming, and these news updates keep proving that to me. Keep up the awesome work!

That's simply not true. The devs communicate more on reddit than their official forum.

They don't care about a player's individual post, they only care if that post has xxx amount of upvotes on reddit.

That's not communication.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 26, 2019, 10:19:18 PM
Before this hotfix:
- stuttering
- a couple of freezes
- lag spikes

After this hotfix
- 3 complete freezes in one evening
- lag spikes
- map exception
- died 5 times in an hour...

It fixed stuttering, best hotfix ever!

/sarcasm

I'm surprised at myself believing once again that GGG really do some Q&A before the deploy. I should just accept that they throw out things and hope for the best (which is not happening in more than a year)
I'm an ex-exile beacuse I play more rewarding ARPGs! :-P

I miss the "Daily Insightful Charan" with my coffee!

English is not my main language: that means I'll write strange things! :-D
I am adding my voice to the choir, I too suffer the problems.

I don't have lag. I rubberband a bit from time to time but it's not really a problem. I just disconnect. It can be in my hideout, in can be in battle. It seems POE is eating all my ram which is 18gb, say "fuck it" when it can't gobble more and poof! All gone say bye bye.

I have now lost two leagues to this problem. Oh I play lots of game, all of them on highest settings without a problem. My rig is almost out of the box. My temperature is normal.

So add me to the vast endless list of guys who can't play. I have 300 American dollars I want to spend on stuff but I'm not going to pay anything for a game I can't play.

ggg Which version of graphics driver did you test in the lab? just curious
Game is running well again, thanks for the update! It´s much smoother now and less laggy.

I did not crash yet, either.
Up until yesterday I would have been in the choir singing about the crap game performance. However since yesterday afternoon the horrible performance issues I was having (huge freezes in game, rubber banding and other weird behavior like everyone else) seems to have all but disappeared. I still get the occasional freeze or disconnect but those have always been there and it isn't always GGG that is the issue when that happens.

Although we'd all prefer not to have had the performance issues in the first place hats off to GGG for acknowledging the issue and doing what they said they would and getting it fixed as soon as they could. I'm sure they are still some things to do but hopefully the storm has passed, at least for this wraeclast inhabitant.

Oh and can you kill the syndicate off once and for all or give us the option to utterly turn it off, it's total crap ....
Last edited by BowWizard on Sep 28, 2019, 11:32:54 AM
Since this "fix" my video card has been running really warm with PoE in general.

Especially with Blight encounters and Delve. It's almost getting too hot to play in these encounters.

Before blight my PC cores (water cooled system i7 7700) would run between 36c and 44c, depending on the encounters. My video card (GTX 1060) would run between 39c when doing nothing in my HO to say around 46-7c during heavy encounters. Even in Delve Azurite mobs, my video usually never went over 47c

Now, since blight (and especially since this "performance" update), the temps on my CPU cores shoot up as high as 54c, mostly when porting into another area - but can be very high in some maps and/or encounters. Video card is boiling past 58c in some blight encounters.

I tried a blight map, no go, that will burn up my PC.

Every time you guys mention performance update, this game seems to run hotter and hotter.

Mind you, my PC CPU cores idle in my home office at roughly 28c to 30c and video between 31c and 32c. Ambient room temp is always around 25.5c

This is the only application that heats up my PC in this manner.

You keep saying the game engine is "lean and mean" but I beg to differ. It would be great to see pre-blight temps on my PC, but I seriously have doubts about that.

The temperature thing becomes so bad at times, I shut down the game. It's not worth burning my PC up over this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info