Goodbye Charan

If they had moved it to Off Topic after a few pages it would have made sense. I don't think it makes sense moving it now though.

The thread probably got more views in General Discussion. It is surprisingly long in any case. Most of the thread was being silly. Like, the "thread policeman" trying to kill the thread. We just obviously miss Charan a lot though. The_Scourge is just not the same thing. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Jerle wrote:
"
FWIW I've reported it to be moved to off-topic multiple times. *shrug* Fuck if I know how the drones operate these days.

At least they won't let you diminish his legacy <3

Given what they did to diminish it (if by diminish we mean 'annihilate utterly'), I think that's kind of moot. ;)

As for legacy?

At the risk of aping a far superior individual (may his legacy live long and prosper), let me say: I Am Not Charan. I am, however, Charan's creator, not merely his actor, although I suspect when you play a role as long as Mr Nimoy did Spock, it really does start to blur the lines. And I personally find blurred lines uncomfortable and frustrating, so I get the allure of the ultimate negating declaration of what you are, or are not. Not that it really matters, because after writing that Nimoy would go on to play Spock many...many times, arguably to greater heights than the first foray. And his follow-up book? I Am Spock, in which Spock himself writes the foreword as a letter to Mr Nimoy.

So, y'know. Identity's a slippery fucking thing. For now, and here: I Am Not Charan. What you knew as Charan here was a misnomer. I didn't act as I created him here (as I have elsewhere, to some measure of success inasmuch as such facades go), instead being much more a gravity-free 'me'. This was a terrible mistake: no one should be a gravity-free version of themselves. Meanwhile now and then whispers of the real Charan emerge here because I didn't exactly hide his existence. In fact, I promoted it here briefly, and it is woven through all three of my remaining uniques -- it's even a little implicit in Acton's Nightmare, although the abundance of fire is largely coincidental. If that stuff gets a few people reading about the 'real' Charan (not to mention the real Goddess, and Her world), then that suffices. More than! And of course it wasn't the plan or the point to my presence or contribution here. There was, obviously, neither.

That's Charan's legacy with PoE (see, there was a point to all this) and I'm really content with that. Not a Katamari of posts accumulated over the years. I didn't intend for that to be erased from existence, only impossible to access in one place and attributed to one name, but in hindsight I love it. I embrace it happily.

Goodbye 'Charan'.

Hello Charan.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
^I'm selling compartmentalization charts on the down low, hit me up ingame
not-Charan.

Spoiler
who bumped this stuff again....eh

Peace,

-Boem-

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info