Goodbye Charan

"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
SirBloopins wrote:
Charan, and Bex? GGG's second best known name? Are you guy's forgetting about Laz? I knew about him way before ever even hearing about this game.

Edit: Actually, Laz could be more known than Chris.

Nah, for all the veteran players the most known name in PoE has to be Kripp (Kripparrian). He made a ton of PoE videos way back and then perma quit over the direction GGG was taking PoE (sound familiar?). Maybe Charan is doing the same.

Hmm... what's this? Is/has Kripp come back to play PoE?

The Old King Returns? Stash Showcase! - Path of Exile

Erm no. He didn’t quit because of the direction. He just burnt himself out of Poe and then there was hearthstone.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
SirBloopins wrote:
Charan, and Bex? GGG's second best known name? Are you guy's forgetting about Laz? I knew about him way before ever even hearing about this game.

Nah, for all the veteran players the most known name in PoE has to be Kripp (Kripparrian). He made a ton of PoE videos way back and then perma quit over the direction GGG was taking PoE (sound familiar?). Maybe Charan is doing the same.

He played blight with his soulrend character. But went back to hearthstone.

I don't know if it's just PoE or arpgs in general, but he seems so bored with them. I don't really blame him though, he has put so many hours in PoE, D2, and D3.

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 27, 2019, 6:29:51 AM
"
Tyralion1488 wrote:
that's the dude they named the Oni Goroshi sword after? Well, let him rest in peace, it's a pity that people leave us so often :'(

He's the dude who created Oni, as a replacement for his "Goddess" series of swords that he had created long before.

Although he could definitely come off as an arrogant somethingsomething, he also cared a lot about (and was heavily invested in) the state of the game and the community. Him bailing out was probably long overdue and isn't all that surprising.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
girng wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
SirBloopins wrote:

He played blight with his soulrend character. But went back to hearthstone.

I don't know if it's just PoE or arpgs in general, but he seems so bored with them. I don't really blame him though, he has put so many hours in PoE, D2, and D3.

Streaming poe just doesnt print bucks as much as HS thats all.
"
aggromagnet wrote:

He's the dude who created Oni, as a replacement for his "Goddess" series of swords that he had created long before.

I'm just trying to mock an effort to give attentionwhores what they need most - a lot of attention, nothing to see here
I will miss Charan's presence, his insights and honesty. I hope all is well with him and his loved ones, and that whatever he is doing now is keeping him entertained.

He put a lot of himself into the forum and the game. Good luck and take care Charan.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I'll miss him for sure. I always enjoyed reading his signature that he kept updating every week.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
"
Isdp wrote:

Streaming poe just doesnt print bucks as much as HS thats all.

I think there is more to that. He is way different playing PoE, imho.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 27, 2019, 8:02:55 AM
"
beaniac wrote:

He's been posting under the name 鬼殺し for a while now.

He's seemed pretty grumpy about the game since Tencent bought it so I can't say this is a surprise. Still he brought an attempt at civility to the forums which is a lot more than I can say for most people.

Ah so that's who Charan is. I saw his posts, he seemed like a chill dude tbh, didn't know he had some...reputation elsewhere.
Charan is an author. I think that this is his book. Does anyone know for sure?

https://smile.amazon.com/W.-James-Chan/e/B00UMTRLEW?ref_=dbs_p_ebk_r00_abau_000000
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info