Blight, forever in the shadow of Legion

"
Xystre wrote:
for sure in the top 3 worst leagues.

Nope... Those would be:
- Harbinger (though mitigated a bit by Fall of Oriath)
- Bestiary (clunky mechanics)
- Legion (not suitable for most players)
- Synthesis (way too complex and not suitable for most players)

Legacy was still by FAR the best league!
Blight is somewhere in the middle to upper rank.
Legion was a dogshit, core game crashing ass bitch league.

BLight was much better than that cause at least it didnt crash the core game. I skipped blight content after 2 crashes but AT LEAST I COULD PLAY THE CORE GAME WHICH I COULD NOT AT LEGION.

Therefor: Blight is 1, Legion is 0. Like legion was the most crashing technical mess I have ever seen since Beyond league. The fact that they somewhat fixed this without rolling back to 3.6 is somewhat marvellous.

Also I am playing since Beyond League with my steam acc and legion was literally the only league I ever skipped after playing it for 5 days.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Oct 18, 2019, 5:43:50 AM
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:

Nope...

you prob missed the part where I speak for myself only.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Oct 18, 2019, 7:06:18 AM
"
Xystre wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:

Nope...

you prob missed the part where I speak for myself only.

I quoted your post in full. It didn't say that :-p

...all evaluations of this type, including my own, are just that persons view :-p

However, objectively blight is far more accessible to an average player than Legion or Synthesis, which both really only were accessible to the high-end players.
"
DarkJen wrote:

Say one blighted maps have same output as ont t2 glacier Legion encounter. Even 3, might be. Okay

The whole argument doesn't work in the least sadly as you take it map-by-map basis rather then chaos/hour ratio.

The c/h ratio is roughly the same as T2 Glacier-farm, not the individual maps on their own. Obviously profit is taken and not general return.

The only viable (or disputable) points following in your post are the following:

Blight:
"
DarkJen wrote:

3. Can be failed, you get no returns at all. And its actually easy to fail, just get not that rare branch-on-pump.

Yes, and that is something I've said already quite a lot. The mechanic of failing and loosing basically all the possible rewards at 80+% completion is absolutely dumb.
It could be nice for a well-done mechanic... but the majority of times this happens with utter BS-situations like a shielded boss which gets double or tripple-dipped on speed-buffs or just ignores lanes entirely by jumping directly towards you and the Pump (the demon one is doing that, and yes, if he's close enough he does hit the pump as well, not only the player).

Legion:
"
DarkJen wrote:

1. Cost 1.5 chaos. 3x is 5c. But you ALVAYS get more uot of it, it was GUARANTEED.

3. Cannot be failed.

4. You actually need skill and navigation to get better rewards out of it. So its can be even more rewarding and challenging if you wish so.

5. Have scalable ebdgame encounter.

Nr. 1 is not entirely true, the majority of times yes, but not always.
Nr. 3 is also not true, you can fail to unlock stuff with a build not made for it, since the notable unlocks were (and are) the only important ones this falls under 'failing'.
Nr. 4... where? Really now? Where? I killed T16 Legion easier then I do kill T16 blight now, hence the 'skill' barrier is actually bigger in the current state.
Nr. 5... only counts for players with HH, or some very very veeeery specific builds and is commonly not rewarding (compared to investment) with most builds. It was a disaster, an utter disaster. But yes, proper scaling end-game mechanics are important... provided the game would've the ability to allow more builds to be 'end-game viable' in such a case. This demands the nerf of HH, period. But that's another topic in itself.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
Greetings,

I liked legion in maps but not the big encounter.
I like Blight in maps and the Blighted maps are a blast!!!!

Honestly, I prefer Blight by far to Legion. My only grief with Blight is there is not enough Blighted map drop and oil drop and too much useless drop, especially essences. Did GGG try to re-born essences over Fossils?

I read the players complaints since Bestiary. I think GGG is doing a fine job in that it is releasing 4 expansions (Leagues) per year and they try "stuff" that is risky.

I want GGG to continue to innovate and take risks. I can live with a bad league start or a bad league (like Synthesis). I can wait one year to get the masters revamp that we just got. I began to play POE almost 2 years ago. The game doubled the content since. The QOL is way better too. Compared to D3 who did NAWTHING! for 6 years except rebalance sets over and over and ended up giving the players the necromancer class, it is day and night.

Thank you
I loved this league right out the door. The mechanic is fun for me, as an ex-TD player. The loot was kinda, meh. Oils are a bit over-rarified for being consumables (for me at least, I understand these choices). The blighted maps are basically the most fun place to do the mechanic and they are far to rare (but finally gave me a reason to put Hillock in Intervention). The anoint mods are a sweet idea and really open up build diversity in crazy new ways (especially with the anoint exclusive notables).

that being said... I'm ready for Cassia to be put alongside Alva in the Atlas mission section. I'm glad they have that feature because previously I'd of said to nix her, but with the atlas mission system... and the fact Cassia is lovable as hell, I'd love to see the blight mechanic stick around. It would be nice if they reevaluate blighted maps and their rarity/payout. I kinda would like to see lower tier maps drop more but have crappier loot... just for the sake of having more access to the epic game mode.

I'm certainly ready for the next league mechanic though but pls keep Cassia around, she's just too great.
Last edited by pill8ws on Oct 20, 2019, 8:55:16 PM
THINK ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY. There's way more to this game than shitty mediocre leagues of loot spam lol, legion was fkin ultra terrible, and blight was a bit better.

Synth was way better than both. From a gameplay and depth point of view, not loot. It was the best league since delve. But unfortunately for some reason devs worship those dumbass casuals at reddit so we can't have it added to the game.
"
Olympiacoz wrote:

Synth was way better than both. From a gameplay and depth point of view, not loot. It was the best league since delve. But unfortunately for some reason devs worship those dumbass casuals at reddit so we can't have it added to the game.

Sadly true, Synthesis was a far superior league compared to those we have at the moment.
The only thing which broke their neck was the convoluted mechanic to synthesize items as well as how the drops of fractured items were handled.

Adjusting mod-tiers regarding the content you're running while also limiting the total number of drops regarding that would've solve the whole situation... but no, instead we got the bosses as Zana-maps now while ignoring the important part of the league completely.

A disgrace to see that.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
Kulze wrote:
"
Olympiacoz wrote:

Sadly true, Synthesis was a far superior league compared to those we have at the moment.
The only thing which broke their neck was the convoluted mechanic to synthesize items as well as how the drops of fractured items were handled.

Adjusting mod-tiers regarding the content you're running while also limiting the total number of drops regarding that would've solve the whole situation... but no, instead we got the bosses as Zana-maps now while ignoring the important part of the league completely.

A disgrace to see that.

Speaking as one of those 'dumbass casuals', synthesis held about zero worthwhile content for us.

Seeing people showcase awesome synthesised items which you know you'll never get near, and having that be true for the large majority of the playerbase is not good PR...

Convoluted mechanics, mod-tiers, numbers had nothing to do with whether it was good or bad, nor could it be fixed... The problem was the entire item synthesis system was way too biased towards the trading and/or high-end players, making the majority feel left out. Thus it had to go...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info