Blight, forever in the shadow of Legion

I think it was a bad decision to launch a league that is so easily comparable to legion, right after legion.

Especially if its so much worse than Legion.
I personally enjoy the blight mechanic alot! Its very fun, and a lot more challenging, however, you have to spent a lot more time then for clearing a Monolith, which wouldnt be bad, if the return atleast could be said to be comparable.

It is not in the least comparable...
Its way worse...

The blighted Maps can compare to legion 3-4way which is cool, but the xp is also a lot worse even with 45% inc. xp.

And if you fail a blight encounter you loose all, meaning you can end up wasting 1+ minute in a map doing the blight mechanic, and end up with 0 returns. In legion you were not able to fail, even if you were not optimized to clear the whole legion before the timer runs out, you still got what you got in that amount of time, so you couldnt loose. Also even normal mobs without a loot icon could drop the league currency, however in blight you can only get oils if you have the rng to get the chest. With 5 lanes being fairly common and the average it can take you a lot of time to get oil together for that cool notable you want.

So Blight takes a lot more time, is a lot less forgiving and gives less returns.

But its more fun, so thats -3 and +1

so either buff the loot from normal blight encounters (blighted maps give good enough loot imo), or make them a lot shorter pls.
Last bumped on Oct 29, 2019, 4:47:19 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I guess it's based on different builds. I main summoner, and Legion was probably one of the worst leagues I ever played. Skeletons were too slow, couldn't unfreeze mobs fast enough to save their lives, and to me, the rewards in it felt worse than what I've gotten in Blight. Meanwhile, I'm having a blast this league, because it's not dictated so heavily by how fast a build can clear in order to complete.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
I did skip Legion, as it was not playable for my builds. I don´t play AOE Speed meta.

Blight is great, similar to Betrayel which I liked as well.
If rewards would be a little better and performance ofc, with Delve this would be the best league for me.
Mechanics are very interesting. Lots of QoL has been done so far, all in all shame more people are not playing it cause it's great!
pretty please stop comparing blight rewards to legion, Legion was the most obscene loot vomit i've ever seen in this game to date outside of ghost bombing which i highly doubt very many even know what that is.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 20, 2019, 5:30:46 PM
"
pretty please stop comparing blight rewards to legion, Legion was the most obscene loot vomit i've ever seen in this game to date outside of ghost bombing which i highly doubt very many even know what that is.

Yes yes we get you, you hated legion because it was so much loot and you like to be loot starved all the time and barely crawl your way into maps and currency.
"
andreicde wrote:
"

Yes yes we get you, you hated legion because it was so much loot and you like to be loot starved all the time and barely crawl your way into maps and currency.

I certainly do not like to be loot starved but i also do not like inflation to the point many items rise in price anywhere from 200-500%

what is the point of more loot when everything just costs more? are you really getting more value for your time or are you really just diluting yourselves into thinking you are?
Innocence forgives you
"
andreicde wrote:
"

Haha, what loot? The same explosion of garbage you ignore 90% of the time except for the occasional currency you experience in literally any other league mechanic, like Blight?

I fail to see how Legion is better than Blight, unless you're bad at managing towers.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Sep 21, 2019, 2:12:41 PM
Legion was much faster and rewarded you better stuff, like in my initial post even if you didnt get good loot you got some splinters which were worth currency so never got nothing.

In blight you have to hope the time you waste on the mechanic will return you something, i had multiple blight encounters where i got only rare item chests which basicly no loot on strict filter, and if you dont notice a boss spawn you literally get no loot unless you can kill it quickly.

legion and blight have similar reward in how they function thats why you can compare them easily, but regarding that its just not worth running most of the time. Many ppl just skip blight entirely cuz its more efficient to just mf around the mechanic instead actually doing it.

Only thing that is worth it are blight maps, which can only drop from blight encounters, if you skip them to maximize loot you wont be able to play them unless you buy them.

So there is basicly no reason left to play this league instead of standard for many, beside the absurd annoitment system which is completely overpowered.
"
CarNiVooRa wrote:
Especially if its so much worse than Legion.

But it isn't...

Legion was not really accessible to the vast majority of the player base. It was way too narrow in which builds could really do the encounters well, and casual players would never get to the timeless domain (or at least only once or twice)

Blight is accessible!

I rate leagues by 'fun', not by worthless ingame currency... It doesn't matter... If GGG doubled currency drops, all that would happen was that buying items would cost twice as much. Basic economics.
Last edited by Cyzax on Oct 17, 2019, 9:20:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info