[3.8] Carrion Golem and Zombie Necromancer - Very tanky and fast, awesome single target

"
D4VN wrote:
Hi.
Im building this build.
But i have a problem that the armour cant have the supported with lv1 maim anymore
is there any idea i can do with the armour ? thanks

shaper chest with +1 to active skill gems if you don't want to use empower 4
otherwise elder chest with +1 to support gems and empower 4
I tried changing to this build, with differences in that I use Cyclone - CWC - Desecrate - Spell Cascade Support, and separate Spirit Offering, and other minor differences, including using Arakaali's Fang for my beloved spiders, but it didn't work for me. I switched from another Necromancer build. I matched the tree up to my level 90, and already had the same ascendencies. I added the primordial jewels and Careful Planning. My gear is not min/maxed as I've still found less than a dozen Exalted's this league. I was running the four Carrion Golems, but PoB always showed them in the 11k or so DPS range. Since this is basically a math game with an arcade facade, I'll assume my math sucks just like in real life. For now, I've given up and using my Skeletons as my primary damage. They get around 150k DPS. If any math/PoE wiz wants to look at my character DeadNBack, and give advice, I'd be grateful. https://pastebin.com/fe4MvwCr
Last edited by KingJim2939 on Jan 30, 2020, 7:29:49 PM
"
KingJim2939 wrote:
I tried changing to this build, with differences in that I use Cyclone - CWC - Desecrate - Spell Cascade Support, and separate Spirit Offering, and other minor differences, including using Arakaali's Fang for my beloved spiders, but it didn't work for me. I switched from another Necromancer build. I matched the tree up to my level 90, and already had the same ascendencies. I added the primordial jewels and Careful Planning. My gear is not min/maxed as I've still found less than a dozen Exalted's this league. I was running the four Carrion Golems, but PoB always showed them in the 11k or so DPS range. Since this is basically a math game with an arcade facade, I'll assume my math sucks just like in real life. For now, I've given up and using my Skeletons as my primary damage. They get around 150k DPS. If any math/PoE wiz wants to look at my character DeadNBack, and give advice, I'd be grateful. https://pastebin.com/fe4MvwCr

okay here goes. first off, you need to drop the fang weapon and spiders, dual cold iron point weapons give 6 levels to carrion golems which is massive for surivability and damage. if you are trying to get "accurate" dps numbers, then you need to add in the workarounds listed in the forum guide to an item, preferably a primordial jewel, just make sure you have the setups. also add in the animate guardian setup with proper items, giving you and all allies permanent fortify along with more damage. thats a better starting point. cheers!
Thanks Xzavieur. I had indeed screwed up my math in sticking with some things. I shall miss my spiders. Only ones I've ever liked. ;)

A couple days and a bit of change, and I have the Golems up over 80k DPS. Thanks so much.

One question. PoE doesn't indicate any increase in minion skill gem levels from the cold iron daggers. Is this just an omission in the game or do they somehow help indirectly?
Last edited by KingJim2939 on Feb 2, 2020, 5:25:09 PM
"
KingJim2939 wrote:
Thanks Xzavieur. I had indeed screwed up my math in sticking with some things. I shall miss my spiders. Only ones I've ever liked. ;)

A couple days and a bit of change, and I have the Golems up over 80k DPS. Thanks so much.

One question. PoE doesn't indicate any increase in minion skill gem levels from the cold iron daggers. Is this just an omission in the game or do they somehow help indirectly?

hello! glad I could be on some help. the weapons boost physical spell skill gems only (carrion golem being the big one, along with pride etc). The game does in fact show the boosted level if you mouse over the gem while equipped in your gear. With a base level 21 gem, you get a level 29 gem (30 with a plus 1 active gem body armour). +2 from ascendancy, +3 from EACH dagger.
Spoiler
[quote]
I've been trying to work my way up to this build, but can't currently afford all the gear. At level 81, I can't kill Kitava and the game won't let me access any more content until I kill him, so I'm kind of stuck. Any advice would be appreciated. Here's my current build: https://pastebin.com/H8eTkCVF
"
Nilasfedon wrote:
I've been trying to work my way up to this build, but can't currently afford all the gear. At level 81, I can't kill Kitava and the game won't let me access any more content until I kill him, so I'm kind of stuck. Any advice would be appreciated. Here's my current build: https://pastebin.com/H8eTkCVF

PM me or send me email
I play carrion 2 league I think Im good enough to help

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info