Cleansed thoughts not doubling correctly

"
adghar wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:

When the tool tip say it's doubled something, it mostly double without factoring the penalty first and then subtract the penalty afterward.

When has this ever been the case? Have any examples?

Doubling -20% equals -40%. That's how math works.

"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
We're looking into certain mods not being doubled.

Have you tried looking at hybrid mods not working? E.g. "+13% to Cold and Chaos Resistances" not counting as Chaos Resistance somehow?

Any math doubles the multiplical first then do the subtraction/ addition.

For example let's assume I have 68% chaos res.

Normal math: 68% x 2 -60= 76

Current version of Cleansed thought: (68 -60) *2 =16

Seriously is there a support that can make in-game item refunded since the clarification of the tool tip is very very bad? (I doubt it but one would hope... But seriously ggg has troll us hard.)

It says double your chaos resistance (one would assume it double your chaos res of your gears first then subtract the Kitava debuff, which all the other traits in the game works like that), instead of saying: double your positive or negative chaos res value.

Majority of people who go for it regretted it, feel like they're being scammed/ cheated by ggg.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Sep 24, 2019, 9:10:33 PM
"
mic01851165 wrote:

Fun part.
Parentheses ARE first in "normal math".
Don't see the contradiction here.
Game applies "innate" penalty, then modifies the stat.

Double res mod and crafted mods not working ARE the bug here.
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Last edited by HarukaTeno on Sep 25, 2019, 4:33:35 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:

I was also, if not expecting, then at least hoping it would double the chaos resistance from items, but I did notice that that's not what it specifically said.

Anyway, 76% (well 75, but that's not an even number) needed to cap chaos res, so;
76/2 = 38, so reduces the need for chaos resistance from items by only 38%.

That's equal to ONE item with ok-good (23-30%) chaos res, and one craft with ele + chaos res.

I'm glad I waited for others to test this, so did not waste any time or anything else on it.

As is, I don't think anyone but new players, with no experience in how important skill tree points are, would go for this node.
Player numbers are plummeting.
Can i have my oil back? i annoint mine on my armor "Sporeguard" and beside some resistances on the tree looks like it dont count the chaos resistance on my armor. when i equip my armor with 23% chaos resist it need give 46 % right?
It's the policy of GGG never to do any kind of restores ingame, so no you will not get anything back.
Quick Update on September 30:
Cleansed Thoughts is still not working properly with the crafted modifier of Resistance + Chaos Resistance.
Chaos resistance mods that are not crafted still apply at double their value, the crafted ones don't.
"
mic01851165 wrote:
When the tool tip say it's doubled something, it mostly double without factoring the penalty first and then subtract the penalty afterward.

For Cleanse thought it's a different story which the design makes no sense at all because why's Kitava debuff DOUBLED too?

There is no such thing as "Kitava debuff". Your resistances are permanently lowered by Kitava, and it is not a debuff - it is just your resistances as is. There is absolutely no reason to assume it is a debuff because all debuffs on you are displayed in the top left corner of the screen with red frame on them, and there is no such "Kitava debuff" in the top left corner as you saying. Therefore, what happening is: your base chaos resistance is "-60%", then it is doubled by notable (i.e. multiplied by 2) which results in having "-120%" total chaos resistance.

"
mic01851165 wrote:
This trait is EXTREMELY MISLEADING.

There is nothing misleading in it, what it does is consistent with other similar mechanics in the game.

"
mic01851165 wrote:
I thought cleansed thought suppose to double your resistance, NOT FACTORING Kitava debuff..

I wasted money on this only to realize how useless this mod really is..

Can I have a Golden Oil refunded?

You thought it based on what? There were no reasons to assume this notable is working different way than it is currently working. You made a mistake, this is not a valid reason for refund. Actually, GGG don't do refund at all - even in the case of game bug.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
+1
this is definitely a bug!

Unluckily i have reivewed this thread before go ahead.
For me, I have 10% chaos resistance now (70% actually), and I expect it should be (10+60)*2-60 = 80% (75% cap)!
Last edited by wlc1402 on Dec 23, 2019, 1:51:59 AM
"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
TruResolve wrote:
Cleansed thoughts not only doubles your chaos damage penalty form kitava, but it is only working to double the resists from my passive tree and one of my 2 rings, my gloves and the other ring are not being doubled.

Thanks for your report, we're looking into this.

EDIT:
If your Chaos Resistance is negative, for example -20%, then it's completely intended for it to become -40% with Cleansed Thoughts since it is being doubled.

We're looking into certain mods not being doubled.

I was about to purchase the 120+ chaos oils to anoint amulet with this anointment, and decided I should google this first to see any potential bugs or issues, holy moly i'm glad I found this thread, so I could stop myself in time before wasting currency,

would like to know is this anointment still bugged and not doubling chaos res correctly from all gear as it should?

(if I understood the other users in the thread correctly, crafted double chaos resist like +to fire and chaos res for example does not work with the anointment properly, but other mods like "+30% to chaos resistance work fine with the anointment?)

its gone soon 2 months since you made this post stating you are looking in to certain mods not being doubled, on september 30 this user posted that its still bugged:

"
Saevarna wrote:
Cleansed Thoughts is still not working properly with the crafted modifier of Resistance + Chaos Resistance.
Chaos resistance mods that are not crafted still apply at double their value, the crafted ones don't.

I really was counting on this anointment to get me to chaos res cap without shuffling all my other gear around, would appreciate an update on if this is fixed or when it might be fixed, thanks a lot and happy new year !

"
Saevarna wrote:

can you clarify, you said "chaos resistance mods that are not crafted still apply at double their value, the crafted ones don't"

do you mean even non-double resistance+chaos resistance mods is not being doubled by cleansed thoughts correctly?

like "+30% to chaos resistance" on a glove, is this also bugged with cleansed thoughts and not working correct? or only "+15% to fire/lightning/cold and chaos resistance" is bugged and not working correct?

because its important to know exactly the state of the bug for me as im trying to reach chaos cap and its going to be expensive mistakes if I get wrong gear or the anointment is wasted etc :D

for example these 2 posts give a bit contradicting info:

"
SetX wrote:
Can i have my oil back? i annoint mine on my armor "Sporeguard" and beside some resistances on the tree looks like it dont count the chaos resistance on my armor. when i equip my armor with 23% chaos resist it need give 46 % right?

"
TruResolve wrote:
Cleansed thoughts not only doubles your chaos damage penalty form kitava, but it is only working to double the resists from my passive tree and one of my 2 rings, my gloves and the other ring are not being doubled.

one guy says his armor sporeguards chaos resist does not count and is not being doubled as it should, other guy says its working on one of his 2 rings but not on his other ring and gloves :S

does it work on jewel chaos res? would also be good to know..

if it correctly doubles "+30% to chaos resist" on a glove for example, but is bugged with juns unveiled mods "+x% to fire/lightning/cold and chaos resistance" then that would still make it possible for me to cap chaos resist, so kind of need to know whats going on here :D appreciate any feedback on this tnx!

Last edited by secret_service86 on Jan 1, 2020, 5:13:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info