Cleansed thoughts not doubling correctly

Cleansed thoughts not only doubles your chaos damage penalty form kitava, but it is only working to double the resists from my passive tree and one of my 2 rings, my gloves and the other ring are not being doubled.
Last bumped on Jan 13, 2020, 7:20:56 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
bump
bump
You are allowed to bump a post once per day. Anything more and you open yourself up to issues.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
same for me!
Just lost 180c ((
"
TruResolve wrote:
Cleansed thoughts not only doubles your chaos damage penalty form kitava, but it is only working to double the resists from my passive tree and one of my 2 rings, my gloves and the other ring are not being doubled.

Thanks for your report, we're looking into this.

EDIT:
If your Chaos Resistance is negative, for example -20%, then it's completely intended for it to become -40% with Cleansed Thoughts since it is being doubled.

We're looking into certain mods not being doubled.
Last edited by Jatin_GGG on Sep 16, 2019, 6:02:02 PM
Bump, same to me.
Without doubled I have 46% chaos resist.
With this node I only have 64% chaos resist.
I have crafted double-resists (ele + chaos resists) on 2 gears(ring and gloves.)
And it doubled my chaos resistance correctly without any gear (-120%.)
Pretty said the bug isn't solve fast, it's almost a kind of failure.
With current mechanics, (blindly double chaos resistance) it seems, you would have to reach 38% chaos resistance to get another 38 to get cap at 75%.
But in such scenario the potential of this node is 38-40 chaos resistance ...

Id rather expected, when we lose anointment which could give as any notable on the tree, this would rather double any resistance we have on items. I planned to use Watchers eye with purity of elements, that give 50% chaos resistance with cleansed thoughts, to get cap, in this scenario i would add another ring 35% and i would get 85% from the node alone ... which is more than double than we could achieve currently ..

"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
"
TruResolve wrote:

Thanks for your report, we're looking into this.

EDIT:
If your Chaos Resistance is negative, for example -20%, then it's completely intended for it to become -40% with Cleansed Thoughts since it is being doubled.

This makes absolutely no sense.

I thought cleansed thought suppose to double your resistance, NOT FACTORING Kitava debuff..

I wasted money on this only to realize how useless this mod really is..

Can I have a Golden Oil refunded?

This trait is EXTREMELY MISLEADING.
When the tool tip say it's doubled something, it mostly double without factoring the penalty first and then subtract the penalty afterward.

For Cleanse thought it's a different story which the design makes no sense at all because why's Kitava debuff DOUBLED too?

So you need a total of 98 chaos res just to get 35 more chaos res from Cleanse Thought? From a design perspective this is a terrible design decision.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Sep 24, 2019, 8:08:26 PM
"
mic01851165 wrote:

When the tool tip say it's doubled something, it mostly double without factoring the penalty first and then subtract the penalty afterward.

When has this ever been the case? Have any examples?

Doubling -20% equals -40%. That's how math works.

"
Jatin_GGG wrote:

Have you tried looking at hybrid mods not working? E.g. "+13% to Cold and Chaos Resistances" not counting as Chaos Resistance somehow?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Sep 24, 2019, 11:01:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info