Constant crashes every map

This league and past leagues have all been fine for me so far, but just as of today i'm crashing 1-2 times every single map, no matter what I am doing.

first three maps were with betrayal encounters, making me think it was that. Crashed once during a blight encounter but the others were more random, e.g. during fighting a rare pack.

Then I crashed the second I used a portal out of a map which had no betrayal encounter.

Then I crashed the literal second I entered a new map, and subsequently crashed 5 seconds into a legion encounter.

The first few crashes I was getting a random error message, sometimes "present" sometimes not, but the last few crashes the game has just immediately crashed to desktop Skyrim-style, with no error message.

Any ideas? anyone else experiencing this?
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2019, 9:21:24 PM
I am also having this issue. It literally started 15 minutes ago. I played the first 2 hours of the morning with no issues whatsoever, then all of a sudden I entered a map with a Betrayal encounter and now every time I enter a map and start to kill mobs, the game crashes to desktop. Funny thing, it also takes Google Chrome with it. There have been no errors present when mine have happened, just closes as if it were being force closed.
I've had the same crash where it would also prevent other apps such as Firefox and Discord to not work properly anymore till restarted.

Checking the PoE logs e.g Client.Worker6.txt revealed that they were full of out-of-memory errors.

I managed to fix these errors on Windows 10 by setting my virtual memory to "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives". I don't think custom paging file sizes were a problem before ~3 patches ago though.

Have same problem for last 48 hours, before this i crashed only twice this league in blight maps. Crashing without arror messages, sometime game crash take random app along (firefox or opera most likely but once it took ethernet adapter driver).

I feared i have hardware problem (i got nearly identical simptoms few years back with faulty RAM) but all testing (memtest, diskcheck, temperature monitoring) gave no errors or warnings. So i got to test on other games played for few hours in row without any problem.

I'm also having this issue, only started this league. Crash to desktop 2-3 times every map.

I've tried uninstalling PoE and a reg clean, uninstalling Nvidia drivers with DDU, all Windows 10 updates applied etc. Tried all compatibility/Admin settings etc.

System:
Intel 8700k
16Gb Ram
Samsung M.2 SSD
GTX 1070

Get the following everytime in eventviewer.
Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d787e6f
Faulting module name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d787e6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x01a67093
Faulting process ID: 0x1a34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d56ba8f59feb27
Faulting application path: H:\Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: H:\Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe

Pulling my hair out here! Lost so much progress :(
SuperSpyBob: As you can see the "faulting module name" is "PathOfExile.exe" (and not a system or driver DLL), you can do nothing and have to wait for a patch from GGG.

Only in rare cases there could be a problem with the hardware (RAM), but then also other applications would behave strange or crash.

But you should use the 64 bit version of POE: "PathOfExile_x64.exe".
Last edited by Th69 on Sep 15, 2019, 7:09:25 AM
"
SuperSpyBob wrote:
I'm also having this issue, only started this league. Crash to desktop 2-3 times every map.

I've tried uninstalling PoE and a reg clean, uninstalling Nvidia drivers with DDU, all Windows 10 updates applied etc. Tried all compatibility/Admin settings etc.

System:
Intel 8700k
16Gb Ram
Samsung M.2 SSD
GTX 1070

Get the following everytime in eventviewer.
Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d787e6f
Faulting module name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d787e6f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x01a67093
Faulting process ID: 0x1a34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d56ba8f59feb27
Faulting application path: H:\Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: H:\Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe

Pulling my hair out here! Lost so much progress :(

Are you sure that your are running the 64 bit version of the client since the name of that is --> PathOfExile_X64.exe

I think you need to check this.
Hi, yes, I'm using the x64 version. I have been trying both though. I just happened to post the event from the 32bit, but its the same from the 64bit.
thank you for replying nonetheless.

_x64 event:

Faulting application name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5d78807d
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.356, time stamp: 0xf24fc044
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9269
Faulting process ID: 0x2b68
Faulting application start time: 0x01d56bb6df84f8f5
Faulting application path: H:\Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Update:
I have been playing with the gfx settings in the option menu, turning everything to low etc and still it was crashing all the time.

I just "disabled" post processing and I have not had a single crash as yet for over an hour.

Hope this is able to help someone.
Last edited by SuperSpyBob on Sep 15, 2019, 10:55:42 AM
Same here... Been having some random crash since Blight...I hope they fix this soon.
Embrace the vaal and the corruption! Only then, you will be bless by Atziri. That's how I got a Headhunter in the Atziri Apex of Sacrifice!
its not random its when new npc appear or you use the button to summon him when crashes

crahs says shaderresourceviewEX
seems application its passing invalid comand to gpu by the calling application.
Last edited by wildragoneye on Dec 13, 2019, 5:56:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info