[3.10] Memoria's Icicle Mine Saboteur [SSF, League Starter]

I went with Skin of the Loyal instead of The Eternity Shroud because I'm poor and Skin of the Loyal was the cheaper option. Having a level 29 Icicle Mine is incredibly powerful though, and PoB says my DPS is comparable.
I was using Cold to Fire support until I saw someone mention Inspiration Support here. I have a ton of empty sockets I should definitely fill with various skills, but I haven't bothered because it has been so powerful thus far that I don't really think about it.

There's quite a bit of room for improvement in my gear, but I suck at making money so I'll likely keep it as is.
Gear
100c for Skin of the Loyal, 20c for the wand, 10c for the shield, 10c for the helm, 25c for the Assassin's Mark ring, 2c for the other ring, 1c for the amulet, 3c for the gloves, 2c for the boots, and 5c for the belt.
Overall 178c, not even 1ex for a build that has been absolutely melting everything I've thrown it at thus far.

RNG hasn't been kind to me on map drops so I haven't ran Shaper & friends yet, but I don't expect I'll run into any problems besides my terrible dodges.
^ Yeah, I still goes with my 15c +2 tabula and do not know what to do with my empty sockets lol

Maybe I'll settle with a chaos conversion set like everyone but the cold freeze is so satisfactory to give up.

"
Japan wrote:
"
Jevnigeff wrote:
Started couple days ago and oh boy this wrecks bosses down. t16 guardians, uber atziri, uber elder is a joke and easy to do all those deathless. Only negative thing is hard to get enough movespeed without spamming phase run :/
I went for soltice vigil to run temp chain for extra safe for delving even without HH.

Current Gear

Cold to fire? Why?

Chaos conversion double dipping.

Long theory explanation summary: your cold damage is added by 25% MORE chaos, then your cold damage is converted to fire, that converted fire damage is ALSO added by 25% MORE chaos.

In an extreme case, you can do it 3 times if you use a lighting origin skill like divine ire, lightning -> cold -> fire.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Sep 24, 2019, 11:39:44 PM
Spoiler

My current gear. Pretty lucky with annul since i bought the both base sceptre for hundred chaos and 1 exalt.

I think im gonna upgrade my helmet into more life and phys dmg taken as ele dmg/ mine throwing speed and waiting for crafting service to have hybrid life on amulet.
A casual PoE guy with some virtual achievement:
- Have a character LEVEL 1 0 0 in: Ranger, Marauder, Shadow, Witch, Templar, Scion and Duelist.
- Rank 1 Juggernault in Atlas Invasion Event
- Rank 5 Juggernault in Delirium Every Where Event
- Rank 4 Chieftain in Endless Heist SSF
Just little addon:

IMHO another great levelling item is Honourhome with +2 levels to socketed gems. You can start wearing it at lvl 12.

I checked my inventory but only had the old versions (without +[1-2] levels to socketed gems and luckily I found a cheap one on poe.trade for only 23c - although I have to say all other honourhomes were listed for multiple exas on standard.

But from what I recall it drops quite often, so I think prices will go down.
Last edited by NoBillag on Sep 25, 2019, 3:54:55 AM
"
NoBillag wrote:
Just little addon:

IMHO another great levelling item is Honourhome with +2 levels to socketed gems. You can start wearing it at lvl 12.

I checked my inventory but only had the old versions (without +[1-2] levels to socketed gems and luckily I found a cheap one on poe.trade for only 23c - although I have to say all other honourhomes were listed for multiple exas on standard.

But from what I recall it drops quite often, so I think prices will go down.

Thanks, I'll add that as an option.

"
banes312 wrote:
No inspiration support gem? It seems really easy to stack the charges and POB highly suggests it by DPS

Tried it out yesterday and it performed really well, will add it as main link.
I just checked for Blight league. Honourhome is quite cheap compared to standard. One starts at 3c, a few <= 10c and quite some <= 15c:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Blight/6lMBO2iG

I think the +2 gem levels with lvl 12 and 16 str/int requirements make it also a great leveling unique.
Last edited by NoBillag on Sep 25, 2019, 8:14:11 AM
I was just wondering, is it really better to use a shaped ring to get 5% of ele dmg as chaos instead of using a elder ring so we get the 70-80% spell damage from the Mark of the Shaper?
Excellent guide! Thank you!!!

I have some questions:

Can I use Inspiration Support instead of pierce/chain for clear&boss?
That gem pierce is the only thing different from the boss gem links, so I want to know if is really BIG the difference.

Another thing about "Detonate Mines" GEM, what is the difference triggering this gem and the Detonate Mines from Icicle?

GEM: https://prnt.sc/paydtm

ICICLE:https://prnt.sc/paydgb

Which one should I use it?
Last edited by ilovestroganoff on Sep 25, 2019, 3:22:06 PM
So, it's been a bit since I played, and am curious if Snakepit/Gloomfang is still a good set to use or if things have changed?
This build is a bit confusing, if I want to switch between clearing and single target setups I need to white socket my eternity? Overall the build is strong but I'm very confused and wondering how I can get more defense. My profile is public if anyone wants to give advice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info