Error: Create Texture 2d

Sometimes when traveling from one location to another, an error appears during the loading screen: "CREATE TEXTURE 2D". So I need to close the game.
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2019, 5:55:15 AM
had the same problem in a map.
I've been getting this issue as well (a few times today). I noticed, after the game crashes, the zone map will fully load (even unexplored areas).
Someone can help us, please?

Unfortunately I will have to uninstall this game. I was enjoying it so much =/
up?
1. What version of DirectX are you running?

2. Open task manager while playing, is anything spiking? I had this issue over the weekend it was because Path of Exile started overworking my CPU and changing maps couldn't handle it so it would crash. I ran the game as admin and it stopped the errors and my CPU usage for just Path of Exile went from 70-90% to 10-20%. No more crashes in 48 hours. *knock on wood*
I am not even able to launch the game. Getting the error right after I launch it from Steam.

I am running the Steam Proton version on:
CPU: i5-3570K @3.40GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 7950
GPU driver: Mesa 19.1.5
"
Gamblingman3 wrote:
I am not even able to launch the game. Getting the error right after I launch it from Steam.

I am running the Steam Proton version on:
CPU: i5-3570K @3.40GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 7950
GPU driver: Mesa 19.1.5

I have not used Linux in several years, but sounds like you need to some configurations to make it work.

https://www.protondb.com/app/238960

There's a list of people reporting on POE using Proton and the one from 5 days ago said they had to use some command to make it work. I'd recommend trying that and working your way down through some of the other suggestions.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
1. What version of DirectX are you running?

2. Open task manager while playing, is anything spiking? I had this issue over the weekend it was because Path of Exile started overworking my CPU and changing maps couldn't handle it so it would crash. I ran the game as admin and it stopped the errors and my CPU usage for just Path of Exile went from 70-90% to 10-20%. No more crashes in 48 hours. *knock on wood*

1- DirectX 10

2- Disk 97%
Memory 60%
Cpu 20%
Last edited by KapZombie on Sep 19, 2019, 9:07:19 AM
I've had error twice too.
And both times it was in a Syndicate Laboratory...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info