[3.8] Budget HC Uber Atziri farmer — no skill required — works as early as level 79

"
nickaustin wrote:
I personally wont be able to do endgame content without builds like this.

Cheers, glad it could help.

"
nickaustin wrote:
1. If using marauder Juggernaut version what is source of blind to fully utilize Kongming's Stratagem shield?

Stone (the Sand stance of Flesh and Stone aura). It's already in the build and provided for.

"
nickaustin wrote:
2. Can you please explain those 5 points respec thing in shadow version? never did those bosses(?) mentioned.

The Atziri tree has too little physical mitigation to safely do the Trio, so we take 5 points out of elemental mitigation nodes and put them into physical mitigation, then do the same in reverse for the Atziri fight.

This isn't necessary if you do the fight at a higher level. If you gain 4-5 more levels, you can just put those points into phys mitigation normally. The Juggernaut can do this starting at level 78 without the need to respec, but 83+ is safer for sure.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
"
moozooh wrote:
"
nickaustin wrote:
I personally wont be able to do endgame content without builds like this.

Cheers, glad it could help.

"
nickaustin wrote:
1. If using marauder Juggernaut version what is source of blind to fully utilize Kongming's Stratagem shield?

Stone (the Sand stance of Flesh and Stone aura). It's already in the build and provided for.

"
nickaustin wrote:
2. Can you please explain those 5 points respec thing in shadow version? never did those bosses(?) mentioned.

The Atziri tree has too little physical mitigation to safely do the Trio, so we take 5 points out of elemental mitigation nodes and put them into physical mitigation, then do the same in reverse for the Atziri fight.

This isn't necessary if you do the fight at a higher level. If you gain 4-5 more levels, you can just put those points into phys mitigation normally. The Juggernaut can do this starting at level 78 without the need to respec, but 83+ is safer for sure.

TYVM for taking time for reply.

I have opted for marauder tree. now after lvl 79 any tips on how to proceed further (complete noob I cant decide where to put points from then on)

I was thinking completing scion life wheel and then putting rest of sword nodes onleft side?

I know its bit too much to ask on tank character but what can I do to increase damage a bit later on without compromising defensive capabilities? where to invest more currency or points after I get them?

Thank you and have a nice day :)
Thank you so much for this guide! I was able to finally beat Uber Atziri with my carefully hoarded mortal sets from who-knows-how-many leagues. I got two Vertex's and an axe! Woo!

Thanks for explaining the mechanics so well. This setup makes the mechanics of the trio very interesting, and it was very satisfying seeing the results of the theorycrafting in motion. Kudos. =)
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
"
nickaustin wrote:
I have opted for marauder tree. now after lvl 79 any tips on how to proceed further (complete noob I cant decide where to put points from then on)

I was thinking completing scion life wheel and then putting rest of sword nodes onleft side?

Once you're able to clear Uber Atziri and Shaper, you should most certainly focus on upgrading your gear: craft a helmet with Fortify effect, an amulet with Fortify effect, get an actual chestpiece instead of a Tabula, a better weapon, etc. Depending on what kind of content you want to do from this point forth, invest in either damage or other forms of mitigation. There's a lot of damage to gain for sure.

"
nickaustin wrote:
I know its bit too much to ask on tank character but what can I do to increase damage a bit later on without compromising defensive capabilities? where to invest more currency or points after I get them?

If you end up using a pure-phys weapon (i.e. not Nebuloch), go for the Impale nodes—they provide the best bang for the buck. Depending on your budget and level of gear optimization, you can go for crit, which will further boost your damage—albeit not by much. It is possible to push a build like this much further in this respect, just not trivial. Check the top of the HC Delve ladders to see how people do it.

"
SunsetVista wrote:
Thank you so much for this guide! I was able to finally beat Uber Atziri with my carefully hoarded mortal sets from who-knows-how-many leagues. I got two Vertex's and an axe! Woo!

Dang, nice.

"
SunsetVista wrote:
Thanks for explaining the mechanics so well. This setup makes the mechanics of the trio very interesting, and it was very satisfying seeing the results of the theorycrafting in motion.

Yeah, it was a very satisfying experience for me as well because I never tried to do it this way before. I did tank the Trio on a max block HC build, and to a great success, but I'd always start with the melee guys and do A'alai last, since block renders her the least deadly of the three. This taught me very little about how they operate under different conditions. For example, I never realized just how much damage Q'ura's desecrated ground does when he is the last one remaining. The Jugg had quite a bit of chaos resistance and regen from the passives so it didn't affect him much, if at all, but the Sab had almost none of either so I had to relocate him every time Q'ura attacked me with Cyclone.

I will continue investigating optimal defenses and ways to tank endgame bosses in the simplest, safest, most affordable ways possible. This is a very interesting and criminally overlooked subject since everyone else focuses either on pushing into nine-digit DPS numbers or winning fights through sheer skill. Nothing wrong with either, of course, but to me there is nothing more satisfying than using the game mechanics to nullify a deadly threat. When you stack damage to the point where you can instantly phase a boss, it still remains a subject of which one of you is quicker to kill the other, and is easily offset by tweaking the bosses' life values—which is what will be done in 3.9, by the way. But here, speed doesn't matter—the sense of inevitability of your victory and hence a total defeat of the game is what makes it worth pursuing.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Last edited by moozooh on Dec 9, 2019, 1:39:00 AM
Ok, so I have good news and bad news. Which of them is which is for you to decide.

1. As many of you may know, RDT was significantly nerfed in 3.9 by making Fortify (which we used) and The Unshattered Will (which we didn't use) separate multipliers to damage taken. So Fortify is mostly out of the picture now, since it cannot sustain over ~50% by itself, and even that much is extremely challenging to attain.

2. It is still possible to reach 100% on Uber Atziri and some some other elemental spell bosses, and the build guide will be changed accordingly when I get the time. It will be much, much trickier now. Probably not something most of you will be able to assemble in the first couple days unlike the original build. But it's out there.

So yeah, be on the look-out for further updates—they will be coming.
Last edited by Gweeeeed on Mar 19, 2020, 2:36:17 PM
Hello there buddy, Thank you for amazing build!

I have just one question - can you possibly add some optimal - expensive gear set for standard for example, would be a great asset as well for us - rookies. Thank you!

As I tried best combination for me is soul taker axe and juggernaut tree - not too much damage but so far i died once when too confy not identifying artisan shrine with plenty of corpses nearby causing explosion.

you can look at my eq at Ra-The_Mointain char - i changed belt for better option, reduced crit damage taken i solved by watchers eye (40% reduced crit damage taken while determination on), bought not too good 6l with some armor using melee phys + fortify + infused channel + close combat + pulverise with cyclone. Trying to increase damage now to kill higher bosses more easily but tanky like hell (30k armor now).

After taking 4 points from blade master (axe - not swords), i put mine to cleaving for axes with simmilar bonuses and rest for profane chemistry - was it good option? or can you please recommend better spent if not?

Thank you!
Last edited by BLackocalypse on Feb 9, 2020, 7:42:22 AM
What to do for full mitigation in 3.9? Can't play not tanky builds both in hc and SC too bad for dodging and stuff.
Hey bud, saw you make your gladiator, what are you doing for 3.10? Got any other tanky things building up? Im looking for something ultra tanky that can still clear end game bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info