[3.12] Durimon's Ball Lightning Miner "REVIVED", 6 ex, even FASTER than pre-nerf (Updated)

"
sikker wrote:
"
haindeve wrote:
Actually you can now use Burning Damage Support and Elemental Focus Support with Skitterbots if you want.

Wouldn't Elemental Focus prevent the bots from chilling and shocking? I think using that gem would kinda defeat the purpose?

Skitterbots have those ailments as auras so i don't think they lose the ability to shock, chill etc. I'm not exactly sure though since haven't try that because of mana multiplier of those gems.
I would not link skitterbots to elemental focus. You just want them to chill, shock and burn enemies to get all the benefits of the ascendancy.

I was thinking about skitterbots - infernal legion - enlighten - burning damage support.

Also, shouldn't we use point blank in the main skill set up? BL is a projectile and with mines the mob is usally at close range.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
I would not link skitterbots to elemental focus. You just want them to chill, shock and burn enemies to get all the benefits of the ascendancy.

I was thinking about skitterbots - infernal legion - enlighten - burning damage support.

I tried this, and I must say, it does feel more solid with that setup than using HoI.
"
sikker wrote:
I'm not super good at making builds, but I was thinking that maybe a poison miner might be good?
Perhaps reviving the old Bladefall/poison could do the trick?
I don't know about using Blastchain (perhaps through Tremor Rod) and then just straight up taking Toxic Rain, Scourge Arrow, or something like that? I jut feel there is some untapped potential in poison mines, and I know that if I started myself I'd miss something vital.

Of course we'd probably need the old Bine to spread the poison (especially if we do something with a single target skill (Bear Trap was the first trap IIRC), and maybe also Southbound to ensure it is poison that gets the kill.

:) <--- This is all I can say for now. Thanks for your comment.
Last edited by bluewelkin on Sep 18, 2019, 4:57:55 AM
"
haindeve wrote:
"
sikker wrote:
"
haindeve wrote:
Actually you can now use Burning Damage Support and Elemental Focus Support with Skitterbots if you want.

Wouldn't Elemental Focus prevent the bots from chilling and shocking? I think using that gem would kinda defeat the purpose?

Skitterbots have those ailments as auras so i don't think they lose the ability to shock, chill etc. I'm not exactly sure though since haven't try that because of mana multiplier of those gems.

Wow, I didn't even know there are interesting discussion going on here. I am too busy making new builds.

To help you playing with BL miner, PB does not work with BL mine because it is not ATTACK. It's a spell. :)
"
sikker wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

I tried this, and I must say, it does feel more solid with that setup than using HoI.

Good that you can handle the stupid-bot and stand seeing its dumb moves. :)
Hi there, I love broken cheap builds so this caught my eye. My idea is that if a 10c build can do the content as good or 90% as good as a 10ex build, why bother?

Question in mind is that I've never played miner before. Is it very clunky? Like throwing mines and pressing detonate. How do I do it properly? Every time I throw a mine I have to detonate it?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Edit: in your passive tree it's a screenshot of the entire completed tree. Is there a breakdown by level? What nodes to rush for first?
Last edited by aquasnow93 on Sep 18, 2019, 5:59:11 AM
"
aquasnow93 wrote:
Hi there, I love broken cheap builds so this caught my eye. My idea is that if a 10c build can do the content as good or 90% as good as a 10ex build, why bother?

Question in mind is that I've never played miner before. Is it very clunky? Like throwing mines and pressing detonate. How do I do it properly? Every time I throw a mine I have to detonate it?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Edit: in your passive tree it's a screenshot of the entire completed tree. Is there a breakdown by level? What nodes to rush for first?

Actually the playstyle needs to be figured out via playing because it's something that you'll get use to but similar to self-casters(stop a safe place and cast) if you ever played one. Maybe YT videos or streamers if you find one playing mines can help though.
After recent changes it does not feel clunky since there is only 0.25s for mines thus you can detonate them even on the fly feels like casting a direct spell (RIP thumbs!).
When you get certain power level you would just throw mines and spam detonate.(mine damage is just OP right now you probably never feel obligated to throw more than 5 if you use Minefield Support except bosses and occasionally rares).

Edit: Arming time wasn't completely removed, corrected it.
Last edited by haindeve on Sep 18, 2019, 9:24:10 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'll slowly check it out, at the moment it seems a bit tedious to throw mines and then click detonate. Anyway regarding skill points, where should i head towards? I just finished the high explosives mine wheel, should i move downwards for acro and phase acro or head upwards for volatile mines section?
"
bluewelkin wrote:
"
sikker wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Good that you can handle the stupid-bot and stand seeing its dumb moves. :)

Skitterbots are awesome!!
With infernal legion you can see a lot better where they are and they burn all bad guys fast. Not a lot of damage but you just want all the ailments on them for the explosives expert buffs.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info