[3.12] Durimon's Ball Lightning Miner "REVIVED", 6 ex, even FASTER than pre-nerf (Updated)

My biggest investment was the shavs, but i also want to try out a vortex occultist this league, so i can use that with both. Clear seems alright with ball lightning, but no, its not by any means the fastest.
"
JackalOG wrote:
this guide was good until like maybe T12 maps, any higher and you just die nonstop because of one-shots. Even at T12 it wasnt 1-shotting for shit - only good for clearing. Swapped around to something someone else posted here and i could take 2-3 powerful crits before dying, but overall made for a shittier and not so smooth gameplay. Guess ill just have to re-roll into something else lmao

Your doing something wrong then. I 1shot meta's and map bosses, I wreck Awakener 8 sirus, uber elder, and every other boss in the game. I farmed 75 exalts (after putting a solid 60 into my build) and started an autobomber. If you can't clear maps and farm currency with this build than your literally doing something wrong. My gear is below, granted I use the 3.8 build where you don't convert dmg to fire... https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kasspa420/MinerKasspa?i=0&search=name%3Dminerkasspa

Last edited by Kasspa420 on Jan 13, 2020, 12:24:37 PM
Thanks a lot for this build. all bosses is so easy.
this is my stuff

for clearing map i use
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
"
JackalOG wrote:
this guide was good until like maybe T12 maps, any higher and you just die nonstop because of one-shots. Even at T12 it wasnt 1-shotting for shit - only good for clearing. Swapped around to something someone else posted here and i could take 2-3 powerful crits before dying, but overall made for a shittier and not so smooth gameplay. Guess ill just have to re-roll into something else lmao

Your doing something wrong then. I 1shot meta's and map bosses, I wreck Awakener 8 sirus, uber elder, and every other boss in the game. I farmed 75 exalts (after putting a solid 60 into my build) and started an autobomber. If you can't clear maps and farm currency with this build than your literally doing something wrong. My gear is below, granted I use the 3.8 build where you don't convert dmg to fire... https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kasspa420/MinerKasspa?i=0&search=name%3Dminerkasspa

Well that's unfair. This build costs just about 5-6 ex , which may not even enough to buy the unique ring of yours.
With your gear, yes you definitely can kill all bosses with one punch.
I am also playing ball lightning sob but no dmg conversion (more like your build but much cheaper). I would say 6k ES is not enough for T13 or highter. I got 5.5k ES, 100+ all res and 30 chaos res but still can die because of one-shot of projectile (mostly the arrows dealing chaos/fire dmg) in T12. With any mistake I die and I feel hard to push to Lv90. Don't know how to do.

Under T13, I can kill most bosses in 5 sec. But they can kill me in 1 sec as well. I fell like I am playing a cowboy duel game. In T14 or higher map my dps is not high enough for some bosses such as in Core Map. So I am wondering if I can get higher dps via this dmg conversion. after all it does not cost very much.

Here is my gear:

Last edited by sykbod on Jan 13, 2020, 4:46:56 PM
Can someone help me out and tell me what i need to upgrade, any improvement or mistake i'm doing?
https://pastebin.com/C9UKYkK3
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
"
JackalOG wrote:

Your gear is way more expensive,let us be a bit realistic here. While I don't agree that the fire conversion build is ok only until T12 maps. It does reach it's limit when looking at endgame content and it's not as good for bossing as I would have hoped.

What you posted on the other hand seems to be a lot more powerful, it's what I'm slowly switching towards. However the price range is on a completely different level. The most problematic thing is getting enough resist+stats+es on gear, and that can drive up the prices.

Btw have you played around with inspiration support? What is your opinion on that?
Last edited by Nosferat on Jan 14, 2020, 9:57:51 AM
"
Nosferat wrote:
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
"
JackalOG wrote:

Your gear is way more expensive,let us be a bit realistic here. While I don't agree that the fire conversion build is ok only until T12 maps. It does reach it's limit when looking at endgame content and it's not as good for bossing as I would have hoped.

What you posted on the other hand seems to be a lot more powerful, it's what I'm slowly switching towards. However the price range is on a completely different level. The most problematic thing is getting enough resist+stats+es on gear, and that can drive up the prices.

Btw have you played around with inspiration support? What is your opinion on that?

While yes it is a bit more expensive its dropping steadily as the league moves on, also It's not like I started out with that gear, I farmed maps, accrued currency (through this build) and bought the upgrades as I could. Nah I haven't played around with inspiration yet, it's only necessary if you can't cast 23x mines due to the mana reserved and I haven't run into that issue. I had to remove infernal legion until I got enlighten 4 but it was only a minimal damage loss until I was able to add the burn mechanic back in for our ascendancy node. Inspiration does give you the nice more dmg buff while you have charges but I don't think it's actually better than a legit damage support unless you need it for the mana reserved, the ele dmg gain is only temporary with how often your losing charges an actual support gem is better.
"
sykbod wrote:
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
"
JackalOG wrote:

Well that's unfair. This build costs just about 5-6 ex , which may not even enough to buy the unique ring of yours.
With your gear, yes you definitely can kill all bosses with one punch.
I am also playing ball lightning sob but no dmg conversion (more like your build but much cheaper). I would say 6k ES is not enough for T13 or highter. I got 5.5k ES, 100+ all res and 30 chaos res but still can die because of one-shot of projectile (mostly the arrows dealing chaos/fire dmg) in T12. With any mistake I die and I feel hard to push to Lv90. Don't know how to do.

Under T13, I can kill most bosses in 5 sec. But they can kill me in 1 sec as well. I fell like I am playing a cowboy duel game. In T14 or higher map my dps is not high enough for some bosses such as in Core Map. So I am wondering if I can get higher dps via this dmg conversion. after all it does not cost very much.

Here is my gear:

My ring was 1ex exactly and ONLY because of the discipline mod implicit, big money. Those 2 mods aren't that expensive its the % lightning dmg and increased effect mods that run you. I'd say my most expensive piece was my helmet, which was 8ex I think because of enchant. Also my gear was shit too when I started, scour these reply pages and find my earlier gear. Yet I still had no problem with farming currency for upgrades.

Your gloves and boots can be upgraded to much better ones with much higher ES numbers for fairly cheap. You can upgrade your ring from the le heup for fairly cheap, just look for any ring with like +38 or more ES, the resistances you need, and then %lightning damage or crit multi, or even just crit chance for the last mod. You can grab a stygian vice with +35 or more ES and the resistances you need and still break even from your bated breath in ES with the abyssal jewel youl put in it just look for any 30+ ES jewel with like ele dmg to spells on it. I would also just use a 2nd wand with good damage mods over that shield, otherwise look for a shield with like 125+es, and like 65%+ crit chance to spells and some spell damage.
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Jan 14, 2020, 11:51:43 PM
double posted by accident, sorry
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Jan 14, 2020, 4:54:58 PM
Hey i wanted to ask if you can upload a current poe.builder link from your current setup i guess some little things maybe changed in your progress from the start of the League.

And thanks for that build its doing awesome atm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info