Animal summons + Animal summon nodes! What do you think?

Hey guys,

I think it would be very cool to have animals as summons. I thought about the following summons:

- Wolve (dex gem, needs as much strength es dex)
- Bear (strength gem, needs some dex as well)
- Eagle (dex gem, needs only dex)

You can summon them like you can do skeletons/zombies/spectre, with the difference that there are new nodes especially for animal summons. Those nodes will be all around the skilltree, close to specific characters. See here:

I think those animals fit those characters the best. A bear is strong and tanky, like a Marauder/Templar, an eagle is fast and agile, which fits perfectly to shadows and rangers and the wolve is something between strong and agile, which fits perfectly to the duelist. I placed the circles close to the mid so that it is possible for other characters to get the animal nodes as well (for example if you want to have wolves as a shadow). The nodes should be harder to reach for the witch, because she already has many summon/minion nodes.

I think this would fit perfectly into the world of wraeclast if the anaimals have a more dark/wild appearence, just imagine a ranger with his agile eagles or a Marauder with his big bear. Ofc any other class can summon them too.

But what are they doing exactly besides fighting and looking cool? Every animal has it's own speciality. For example, the bear could taunt enemies, the eagle would prefer ranged enemies before attacking melees and the wolve would always attack the same enemy as the character. Maybe they could use some skills as well.
Last edited by AceNightfire on Mar 19, 2013, 12:58:01 PM
Last bumped on Jun 24, 2016, 10:13:07 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
*bump*

Any thoughts? I thought this would really fit well into the game and it would cool to see muscle packed marauders with big black bears, dark shadows with their red eyed wolves and rangers with the fast and agile eagles with their sharp claws.
i like the idea cuz as much as i like being a necromancer type of summoner i think the other summoners like ranger/druids demonic summoner should be possible as well
Updated the first post with some screenshots and removed the idea with charges and instead went for more practical skills.
*bump*
nice idea:)
"
Viterzgir wrote:
nice idea:)

I especially like the eagle. Finally something flying ingame (besides the gulls at Terraces, lol). :D
Unlike regular summons, these should be all Dex-based, as they require taming an animal.
I suggest rework to:
Birds: Dex Int
Wolves/Cats: Pure Dex
Bears: Dex Str

Also, that way you avoid everyone and their mom's having summons. At the same time, Avoids summoner builds from having 50000 more pets than they already have.

Regardless, +1, enjoy the idea.
"
lucksickle wrote:
Unlike regular summons, these should be all Dex-based, as they require taming an animal.
I suggest rework to:
Birds: Dex Int
Wolves/Cats: Pure Dex
Bears: Dex Str

Well, you could argue that you need to be smart to tame an animal (intelligence) and a strong personality (strength). If you're a weakling with no leadership qualities it will be hard to tame a dark bear and if you're not smart, you won't tame intelligent wolves. I made the bear summon strength because there are very less dex nodes around the templar/marauder tree. We could make an arrangement that it's a strength gem that needs some dex as well. :)

"
lucksickle wrote:
Also, that way you avoid everyone and their mom's having summons. At the same time, Avoids summoner builds from having 50000 more pets than they already have.

I don't understand this. Guess my english isn't good enough. Don't know if that is something positive or negative about my suggestion. :P

"
lucksickle wrote:
Regardless, +1, enjoy the idea.

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)
"
AceNightfire wrote:
"
lucksickle wrote:

I don't understand this. Guess my english isn't good enough. Don't know if that is something positive or negative about my suggestion. :P

Oh, I was just mentioning that if you make the stat requirements more restrictive, you make it so summoner builds (skeletons/zombies/specter) don't have an extra summon (eagles) that easy.

You also make it so some builds don't 'randomly' have a pet, like a Ground-Slam Marauder has a bear with him because "why the hell not?"

Actually. Something that'd be interesting on a 2nd though, would be having these pets as support skill gems, making it so that the pet can cast only the supported gems - similar to a walking totem. (perhaps manacost becomes reservation?)

You could personalize your pet this way so your bear has heavy strike / enduring cry, or your cat has doublestrike. I'm not sure how or if these should be linkable to spells though...
(firestorm, etc.)
Last edited by lucksickle on Mar 17, 2013, 7:34:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info