[3.10] Brittleknee’s Soulwrest Necromancer - Skellies/Phantasms - All content

With 2 weeks left in this league I started my soulwrest necro and currently lvl 64 enjoying it very much. I also decided to run spectre apes, zombies, and ag. Im worried if i remove the summons that Ill get overwhelmed and rip as I play Hc mode. In your opionin does the build perform just as well without hard minions and just the little spectres from Soulwrest? Im headed to Kitava act 10 tonight but a bit worried without all my meatshields...
In game since Minotaur League..
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
With 2 weeks left in this league I started my soulwrest necro and currently lvl 64 enjoying it very much. I also decided to run spectre apes, zombies, and ag. Im worried if i remove the summons that Ill get overwhelmed and rip as I play Hc mode. In your opionin does the build perform just as well without hard minions and just the little spectres from Soulwrest? Im headed to Kitava act 10 tonight but a bit worried without all my meatshields...

I just updated it a bit on stream today, and while we still are missing some of the defensive advantages of AG and DPS from the Apes, I wanted really focused on making the character herself tough, so its more about defenses and positioning than meatshield soakers, etc. I don't like screen clutter so most of my builds are 1-2 minion types. Zoos make me anxious.

While her body armor is still legacy, any nice armor-base from the temple with +1 Skelly.

Anyways, feel free to skim the VoD, and the character on my profile and to import into PoB is "Tawknee".

There's a lot of investment into armor, and a combination of bone armor and vaal molten shell give you two different types of oh shit buttons. VMS is nice before things like Metamorphs or heavy spikes to give you a moment to press a flask. Bone Armor is more like when you see the sub phys pack or something. They -do- share the guard skill CD but neither are on a Trigger.

I didn't up one for this past league, but to intend to update it further for 3.10.

TL;DR - Use the build as a guideline. You may not agree with where I went with the build based on my personal playstyle. Its better to play what makes you comfortable, especially when you're playing HC.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Ahh yea I guess I should run my 3rd lab before trying Kitava.. NOT sure Ill survive that just yet, especially without some meat shields.. Thanks - Ill use this build on my 1st new league character for sure...

Edit - dropped the Zombies, changed Steelskin to Molten Shell - Murdered Izaro and got my Bone Armor skill and then Smoked Kitava - lvl 69 and off to Maps for the last week. I have a date with snakeboy - Al Hezmin soon ..
Last edited by Hellzwraith on Mar 4, 2020, 10:16:14 PM
"
Hellzwraith wrote:
Ahh yea I guess I should run my 3rd lab before trying Kitava.. NOT sure Ill survive that just yet, especially without some meat shields.. Thanks - Ill use this build on my 1st new league character for sure...

Edit - dropped the Zombies, changed Steelskin to Molten Shell - Murdered Izaro and got my Bone Armor skill and then Smoked Kitava - lvl 69 and off to Maps for the last week. I have a date with snakeboy - Al Hezmin soon ..

Good luck with snakeboy. Remember an amethyst flask of curing! It goes a long way until you can get the poison immunity from the Pantheon in a later mapping scenario.

I thought the combo of both guards was very comfy, and I'm glad it worked for you, too!
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
I looked for one of those flasks and none were for sell.. Ill probably wait till next weekend to try 🐍 boy as Im only lvl 71 and -40 chaos resist atm. I dont think the armors will help me with all that degen...
Hahahahaa snakeboy is down !!! I did make a change and went with Cyclone on my cast while channeling setup - because it allowed me to add Fortify. I was feeling vulnerable standing still and casting StormBurst. Nothing Else changed but with 3 days left of Metamorph League Im Happy...
Because phantasm in Soulwrest doesnt benefit from necromancers +2 to lvl not even from empower suport, they stays on lvl 20 gem, so during my tests on t16 maps they die almost instantly after spawned and their damage is no existent. They struggle with normal monsters not to mention bosses. We can try to buff them as much as we can but imo they all are worth 1 zombie or 1 buffed spectre.
"
Because phantasm in Soulwrest doesnt benefit from necromancers +2 to lvl not even from empower suport, they stays on lvl 20 gem, so during my tests on t16 maps they die almost instantly after spawned and their damage is no existent. They struggle with normal monsters not to mention bosses. We can try to buff them as much as we can but imo they all are worth 1 zombie or 1 buffed spectre.

It's a shame if that's your experience, but thanks for the feedback. You can see in the media section how the build was performing in Legion. Skeletons went through both positive and negative changes since then, Phantasms didn't change much though. Can't say more without at least some PoB link.
Is there a way to buff phantasm damage? Their base dmg and hp is low so I tried added cold dmg support + added fire + added chaos + 320% minion dmg elegant hubris and the damage was still low imo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info