[3.10] Brittleknee’s Soulwrest Necromancer - Skellies/Phantasms - All content

I've been going pretty hard with a variation of this build.

Ive dropped EE completely with lets me drop the CWC setup. In turn i get to run a 4 link zombie plus 4 Link Carrion set up. And honestly i dont miss it every thing melts the damage carrion and zombies add and protection alone i think make up for the loss of EE.

But wont really know till the gems are added to PoB. I already got soulwrest and im pumping through everything including a bugged Blight map with double spawn.

Honestly the only thing i still need is a good 2nd unset ring for when i move to a 6link chest and the gloves.

Speaking of chests Ive thought about running a belly just for the extra hp and eaiser socket rolls till i can craft a elder chest later on

Ive also thought about dropping flesh and stone and picking up a unset ring with plus levels and tossing a specter gem in it to get monekts for frenzy charges for the minions. Im not sure about that though since the specters wouldnt be linked with anything and i dont know how tanky they would be.
Last edited by Echon9ne on Sep 8, 2019, 7:42:28 AM
"
Echon9ne wrote:
I've been going pretty hard with a variation of this build.

Ive dropped EE completely with lets me drop the CWC setup. In turn i get to run a 4 link zombie plus 4 Link Carrion set up. And honestly i dont miss it every thing melts the damage carrion and zombies add and protection alone i think make up for the loss of EE.

But wont really know till the gems are added to PoB. I already got soulwrest and im pumping through everything including a bugged Blight map with double spawn.

Honestly the only thing i still need is a good 2nd unset ring for when i move to a 6link chest and the gloves.

Speaking of chests Ive thought about running a belly just for the extra hp and eaiser socket rolls till i can craft a elder chest later on

Ive also thought about dropping flesh and stone and picking up a unset ring with plus levels and tossing a specter gem in it to get monekts for frenzy charges for the minions. Im not sure about that though since the specters wouldnt be linked with anything and i dont know how tanky they would be.


You've stripped away almost everything that made this particular build different from other Soulwrest builds, but if you're loving it and having a blast, rock on my dude.

A perfect Belly of the Beast would only give you 104 more life than my current body armor, and take away almost 71k damage from your skeletons against Shaper, just so you know. It's not an Elder armor, either. Just a normal fossil crafted Astral Plate, but you could go with whichever armor base you can afford.

The Specters on a +2 Helm with Minion Life, Fortify and Blood Magic (they have to have this because otherwise they won't be able to cast the charges frequently enough to be useful) still die. Its less of a pain in the ass now to replace them when they die, but simply throwing them in a ring will not be enough.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Last edited by brittleknee on Sep 8, 2019, 8:03:15 AM
Im sorry didnt know i changed that much lol my bad. I only really looked at your build and kinda built off there.

Oh i thought the chest was an elder one never really fossil crafted before so that should be cool. I wasnt saying use the belly instead of the chest i ment as in till i make or get one.

Yeah then thats a no go on specters then I dont wanna lose my zombies and carrion golem lol

What fossils do i use to get that chest then also btw?
Last edited by Echon9ne on Sep 8, 2019, 8:29:43 AM
"
Echon9ne wrote:
Im sorry didnt know i changed that much lol my bad. I only really looked at your build and kinda built off there.

Oh i thought the chest was an elder one never really fossil crafted before so that should be cool. I wasnt saying use the belly instead of the chest i ment as in till i make or get one.

Yeah then thats a no go on specters then I dont wanna lose my zombies and carrion golem lol

What fossils do i use to get that chest then also btw?


Absolutely nothing to be sorry about. If you are enjoying playing, that's all that matters!

As for pointing out the difference in the chestpieces, just was more or less to encourage you to continue to strive for the crafted one, not just stop off at the Belly. Whatever works in the meantime is good!

You'll want to do Serrated and Pristine together to get Maim + Life. All the fossil outcomes can be found here: https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Delve
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
Is it viable to play your skele/phantasm version AND automate summoning of the phantasms?

The other guide talks about that it can be done but nobody has put up an example yet.
Does spell echo not work with phantasms? My PoB shows that replacing controlled destruction with Spell Echo increases their DPS a bit but I honestly can't tell whether or not it actually increases the little ghosties' cast speed.
"
slouch186 wrote:
Does spell echo not work with phantasms? My PoB shows that replacing controlled destruction with Spell Echo increases their DPS a bit but I honestly can't tell whether or not it actually increases the little ghosties' cast speed.


Spell echo cannot work with the phantasms provided by Soulwrest, since they are triggered minions versus summoned ones. Spell echo can support a regular gem (like spectres) but not the skill coming from soulwrest.

This is a known problem in PoB, like for instance trying to use Spell Echo on a spell triggered by Poet's Pen. PoB will show you an increase in damage, but the spell is never repeated.

"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Is it viable to play your skele/phantasm version AND automate summoning of the phantasms?

The other guide talks about that it can be done but nobody has put up an example yet.


I'm not sure I follow. I mean, sure, you can strap on some Bubonic Trail Boots and stomp on corpses like most of the builds do, but Stormburst CWC Desecrate/Flesh Offering is about as smooth as they come outside of the more traditional automating processes, since it also handles EE and Life Gain on Hit (for the caster).

If you're asking if my setup works, I did post videos which demonstrate the ability to kill end-content bosses with it.

If you're asking if we can automate summoning skeletons as well, I don't think its necessary. You have very high cast speed in the build and summoning them when needed has not been a problem in my opinion.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2
WIll be starting out with a spectre build and transitioning to this one, really excited about it! Will have to save to afford the soulwrest, though. Any advice for making currency?
All I know is that I know nothing.
Hello. Could you give me some insight on how you crafted your body armour? I was trying to figure it out on my own but I couldn't really find a way, I thought it only had delve mods since it doesn't appear to have any influence but the mods don't add up. Thanks in advance.
"
Hello. Could you give me some insight on how you crafted your body armour? I was trying to figure it out on my own but I couldn't really find a way, I thought it only had delve mods since it doesn't appear to have any influence but the mods don't add up. Thanks in advance.


Maim body armours are now, unfortunately, legacy. I wasn't sure which way I wanted to take the build, so I did not update it for 3.9. Hoping to have some down time at some point to explore options for it towards the end of the league to freshen it up for 3.10.

I would suggest an armor base, either with fossil life, or even a nice one from the temple, good resists or maybe some of the new influence types, and make sure you can fit a +1 Skelly craft on it. The extra skelly won't make up for maim, but its a way to add damage back to the build.
Check me out on Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/brittleknee
All of my builds are here: https://tinyurl.com/y5vwayk2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info