[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I messed around with the tree with both, witch and scion, I felt that we lost about about 20% damage and 10-15% ES... beyond that we lost the fortfy and blind.

I had few minutes to play with the passives. Later today i gonna give another try to find a way to keep the build viable for all game content, but I think that if GGG dont buff the Ice storm itself to compensate the loss, this build will not be viable anymore.

This is an extreme expensive build to make all game content, beyond that it is slow. This is a fact, I know what Im talking about, I played this build every league since Delirium from league start until the endgame so i know well all the aspects of the build.

Who play this build til the endgame, play with it not because the power of the build, but because enjoy how the build works and playstyle.

I dont know. I'm feeling that dark days are comming for Ice Storm.

Let's hope for someone find a way to make WI shine again!
Why is a witch, why is she better than a scion?
"
whiterockxx wrote:
I messed around with the tree with both, witch and scion, I felt that we lost about about 20% damage and 10-15% ES... beyond that we lost the fortfy and blind.

I had few minutes to play with the passives. Later today i gonna give another try to find a way to keep the build viable for all game content, but I think that if GGG dont buff the Ice storm itself to compensate the loss, this build will not be viable anymore.

This is an extreme expensive build to make all game content, beyond that it is slow. This is a fact, I know what Im talking about, I played this build every league since Delirium from league start until the endgame so i know well all the aspects of the build.

Who play this build til the endgame, play with it not because the power of the build, but because enjoy how the build works and playstyle.

I dont know. I'm feeling that dark days are comming for Ice Storm.

Let's hope for someone find a way to make WI shine again!

Can you report this on the reddit, I know that someone reported that minion build got fked and they did something about it. Maybe they will listen for WI too.
Hey guys! I'm looking at all the things that are new and changed in 3.16. Holy crap! That's an overwhelming amount of information to process.

https://youtu.be/tfVz_Nd45nw?t=542 - LOL this cannot be good! GGG has noticed this build again. Last time it got noticed, Icestorm got 'reworked' (nerfed) in 3.12.

I see a bunch of nerfs already, but also some good looking new things.

The tree got butchered for sure. Somebody took a lot of effort to move the nodes further apart to remove most of the overlap in the Fertile Mind / Brute Force conversion. And moved everything except Heart of Ice out of the Thread of Hope radius.

RIP Flesh and Stone. You were too good to stay unnerfed forever. Thank you for several leagues of fun!

RIP Fortify/Overlord? I don't quite understand the new Fortify mechanic. You get some Fortify stacks (up to 20) based on the melee damage you do. But will you still get at least 1 stack for any hit with Cyclone? If so then it's not very different from before. Otherwise it's useless.

ES on gear buffed across the board. So we'll have more ES but less mitigation. Hmmm... OK? Can't tell how this will balance in the end.

Ghost Reaver now disables ES recharge completely. Not that we ever relied on it anyway. Double ES leech cap is still great, and we have a decent ES regen too.

Hello there, Purity of Elements! Are you for real? Immunity to everything bad on top of all the resists! That means we don't really need Cyclopean Coil anymore and can go with an %Int belt that has some actual mods on it. I have a feeling that this aura will become mandatory for way too many builds and will be nerfed in the next league. But we can enjoy it in 3.16. Can imagine the price tag on the Anomalous version of it, and the lab enchantment.

Snowforged now gives -5% ele res to chilled enemies. Nice!

The Masteries! Looking very nice:

- Attributes:
-- 5% inc attributes. We can only reach the one near Utmost Intellect. But this is almost a free Emperor's Wit jewel.

- Caster:
-- 1% inc spell damage per 16 Int. A copy of the uber amulet mod!

- Cold:
-- 5% extra cold exposure. Nice!
-- 15% inc effect of curses on chilled enemies. Potentially useful?
-- 60% inc freeze duration. Looks nice especially for Occultist, but probably cannot afford it.

- Elemental:
-- Exposures are at least 18%. Nice! Does this stack with Cold?

- Energy Shield:
-- Gain 3% max mana as extra max ES. They moved it there from Arcane Will.
-- Discipline has 25% inc MRE. I still don't fully understand this new stat but it looks useful.
-- Stun threshold is based on 50% ES instead of life: the Occultist version may need this?

- Leech:
-- 30% inc ES leech cap. Very nice!
-- 30% inc damage while leeching. Something for early progress when you still use Ethereal Feast.

- Reservation:
-- 15% inc MRE. If we end up using Sovereignty or Charisma, this will be a part of it.

- Mana:
-- 5 mana regen with Arcane Surge. An option, although unlikely.
-- 100% inc MRE for Clarity. Probably won't need that either, but an option.
-- 10% damage taken recouped as mana. For No Regen maps? Unlikely though.

- Resistance and Ailment Protection:
-- 70% stun avoidance (with the nodes leading to it) for the Occultist?
-- 20% reduced effect of curses on you. May or may not be worth it. This + new Yugul + consecrated ground = 100% reduced effect of curses on you, i.e. curse immunity?

- Curse:
-- 30% inc MRE for curse auras. Occultist will likely want this.
-- +20% chance to freeze cursed enemies. An option for full freeze setup.

- Staff:
-- 30% inc ES. That's about +500 ES. But the point cost looks too high. Unless somebody wants to try and make a crit version of the build that would use Serpernt Stance. I don't see myself having time for that.

Anybody see any other useful masteries?
BTW, I would really like to play the Occultist version in 3.16. The clear speed and explosions should be extremely useful for the new content.

Resistance, stun mitigation and mana reservation issues should be solvable with all the new things.

Lower Int and -5 skill points compared to the Ascendant though... Gonna have to think a lot!
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 19, 2021, 2:00:18 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

I was thinking about trying a version that uses a granite flask and a jade flask and taking both Divine Shield and Ghost Dance. The 30% defenses from staff mastery would become even better and we could take Sanctum of Thought for more armor and Soul Thief for more Eva. I don't have numbers handy but I think it could work and make us a little more beefy since we are losing Flesh and Stone.
I managed to make a pretty comparable tree or even slightly better for end game cluster version. (I was using a different build for comparison tho)

https://pastebin.com/BdjbaZdC
"
Kelvynn wrote:

well they are mb good but it's -1 point, and we already struggle to get everything)
mb they ok while you lvling and noncluster version but still....
GGG i wana more dmg to our whispering ice!remove cap!)))

https://pastebin.com/H5Zswwqz
my witch from expedition with new tree...+- same avg hit but higher int +~130
and just 2 mastery only :/

well mb it's can be better, gona play with POB

mb we can get higher def stats, but our dmg already without near top gear mediocore...
Last edited by archwerewolf on Oct 19, 2021, 3:05:30 PM
Crap. I'm getting a fractured tooth extracted on the morning of the league start. That has to be a sign...
Hi Kelvynn (and community!),

A couple of weeks ago I saw your videos on YT and thought I'd give this one a go for 3.16. Funny story, ever since I decided it, half the gear started dropping, as if the game was telling me that my luck will run out before 3.16 launches.

I saw the PoB changes and your comments here. I understand that, if I choose to start this, it will be a slow burner. But I am not the best PoE gamer and definitely not a racer (took me 1.5 months to kill A5, killed A6 after a few weeks as I was afraid I'd rage if he killed me lol).

Therefore, I have only one question that will help me decide:

Based on your experience with this build and the changes on the tree and gems, will it be possible to carefully but comfortably kill A5-A6, Elder, Shaper, 4-way Legions and Pure Breachstones with the non-cluster and non-influenced version?

I'm asking specifically for the above content as these are the ones I enjoy the most. Zooming is not that big of a deal for me, as long as I can enjoy taking my time and clearing maps and bosses.

Thank you in advance. Have a lovely day/evening/night.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info