[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

I was wondering... Would Death's oath be usable for a while until i can get something better ?

Or im i better sticking to Icetomb ?
Last edited by alzakiel on Jan 20, 2021, 8:27:05 PM
"
Iced_Star wrote:
"
DanielSt wrote:
"
Iced_Star wrote:
Just wanted some advice really. I'm enjoying this build apart from 1 side of it, which is CI. This is the first build I've used with it and im struggling to stay alive. I've just started mapping and I'm getting killed 2-3 times on T1 rare maps. I'm currently lvl 75 with about 2.4k ES. Is it far too low to be using CI right now? Or have I messed up with my gear?

are you using your flasks? you need to have big uptime on your flasks most of the time

Oh yeah been using basalt and granite like crazy and i still getting my ass kicked.

i guess as a disclaimer i'm not playing this build this league. I'm also assuming you're in trade league & willing to trade.

took a look at your char. 2400 ES isn't nearly enough, you want at least 4k for early mapping if not 5-6k.

your resists are also not capped, that's a huge hit to your survivability. Buy the gear as outlined in the guide and benchcraft whatever resists you're missing.

You really, really, really want an ES chestpiece, this is one of the big sources for ES on nearly any CI build.
For chestpiece, something dirt cheap like these: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/32pK82Gs5 (you should get more than 30 int if you can, but prices go up), and pop armourer scraps on it to push the ES higher. This should tide you over until you farm the currency you need to craft the one recommended in the guide. (pop jeweller's touch for a cheap 5L if you need it).

You really need ES in every slot that you can get it in, belt (get cyclopean as soon as you can cap resists without it) and gloves would be where I'd be looking to pick up gear after you secure a decent chestpiece. Again, you really need to prioritize getting Int and ES on an ES base and pop armourer scraps to increase the ES even more.

Other small things:
- unspec the ele dmg and mana small nodes unless you have clusters ready, reallocate those points to jewel sockets and pick up the build recommended jewels.
- get an 18% int whispering ice
- you're wearing the stampede, so your quicksilver flask is useless atm.

if you lack currency, do chaos recipe.

hope this helps a bit!

Thanks for the build, I wanted to do something with Occultist due to the rework, this basically fit perfectly since we can use the 15% more cold damage nicely, on top of the curse changes. I did some slight tweaking to the skill tree and I am still working on it, particularly the gems.

Resists are really the struggle with this build, although I got lucky and i found a synth belt with 12% increased intelligence implicit with 3 resistances so I am gonna stick with it for a while until I can afford enough resistances elsewhere to switch to Cyclopean coil.

Also I am using Energy leech support, I don't like conc effect, I don't know if there is a better other than that.
Hey, i was wondering (unless i missed it in the guide) what is the "stanrdard" flask setup ? i know there is specials flasks for certain map mod and boss. But what do we need to have "perma" ? if i may ask this way.
Atziri's Promise and Wise Oak are mandatory if you have even a little currency. Don't forget to balance resistances for Wise Oak.

I used Sulfur, Basalt and Granite. But I was very tanky and switched to 2 x Sulfur, Basalt.

Thanks @airesettia, I'm looking into that right now. Another thing (probably stupid), what purpose does Arctic Armour have if im constantly moving and I chill them with Icestorm? Same goes for Concecrated Ground.
Last edited by Iced_Star on Jan 21, 2021, 1:54:30 PM
"
Icemasta wrote:
Thanks for the build, I wanted to do something with Occultist due to the rework, this basically fit perfectly since we can use the 15% more cold damage nicely, on top of the curse changes. I did some slight tweaking to the skill tree and I am still working on it, particularly the gems.

Resists are really the struggle with this build, although I got lucky and i found a synth belt with 12% increased intelligence implicit with 3 resistances so I am gonna stick with it for a while until I can afford enough resistances elsewhere to switch to Cyclopean coil.

Also I am using Energy leech support, I don't like conc effect, I don't know if there is a better other than that.

Conc Effect is mostly for bossing, to reduce the overall area that the icestorm is in to get more hits off. For mapping you used to swap for spell cascade (if your pc can handle it lol), but with 5 icestorm limit, inc aoe is probably better for mapping

If you're lazy like me, you can buy 2 staves and have bossing gems on one side and mapping gems in the other

"
Iced_Star wrote:
Thanks @airesettia, I'm looking into that right now. Another thing (probably stupid), what purpose does Arctic Armour have if im constantly moving and I chill them with Icestorm? Same goes for Concecrated Ground.

if you cyclone in place (ie. on a boss) you count as 'stationary' for arctic armor.
"
alzakiel wrote:
I was wondering... Would Death's oath be usable for a while until i can get something better ?

Or im i better sticking to Icetomb ?

Stick to icetomb, and when you can buy something like this

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/Ypw76lRhY

and use jeweller touch prophecy for cheap 5 CWDT curse link
"
airesettia wrote:
"
Icemasta wrote:

Conc Effect is mostly for bossing, to reduce the overall area that the icestorm is in to get more hits off. For mapping you used to swap for spell cascade (if your pc can handle it lol), but with 5 icestorm limit, inc aoe is probably better for mapping

If you're lazy like me, you can buy 2 staves and have bossing gems on one side and mapping gems in the other

"
Iced_Star wrote:

if you cyclone in place (ie. on a boss) you count as 'stationary' for arctic armor.

I did have a thought that might be the case but im too scared to stand still in case of being 1 hit killed.
Last edited by Iced_Star on Jan 21, 2021, 5:18:31 PM
My dual wield frenzy ichimonji Raider dieded to tier 2 maps. So I'm back to this build.
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info