3.8| Stress Free PoE - COLD-HEARTED CURSER |Clear the Atlas w/ YOUR Items @ YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
JMockz wrote:
I plan on running this build for the upcoming league on PS4. Are you working on a loot filter just for this build? Also, do you have a skill tree layout on what to be taking in order, or is it just whatever you feel? Thanks!
Hey JMockz,

Awesome! I hope you like it! I'm really excited about it as well! A CI DoT build will be far against the meta this league so ES gear should be cheap :).

I JUST finished redoing the current filter that I have in my guides in preparation for 3.9's filter. I'm sure many noticed, but just in case: https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1203008588173570048. Custom filters are coming to console shortly! So with that in mind, I redid my currently available filters so that they accommodated both my PC and console playstyle. I also had to add/remove some gear as I have slightly modified a couple of my guides suggested weapons.

To answer your question though, I won't have a filter JUST for this build. I'll have one filter that only drops what works for my guides. So you won't be getting JUST ES gear in my included filter. (I'll have three tiers of strictness.) That being said though, I'd love to do that. Filters are really time intensive so if the 3.9 patch notes don't change my builds too much, that might be something I can do.

In regards to levelling, you can go in any direction you like. I only have one guide that has a "required" suggested path for the beginning of levelling. That's the Scion EH build. The only thing I suggest in all my guides is that no matter what direction you go in the tree, take all the nodes that come your way. In other words, don't just take ES or only damage nodes. If you go to the right first, take all the nodes as they come so you get a good balance of life and defence.

Great questions! Let me know if there's anything else!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey mate!

So, I'm currently trying to get my vortex lady to level 90 (off-season) and so far I've managed to get her to 89 which is at least something. My problem is that she keeps dying for reasons I don't really know because her energy shield is way above 6k and I even took chaos inoculation, ghost reaver and zealot's oath on the passive skill board (I had to respec blast radius and growth and decay nodes for that) and still it seems like it's not enough. I'm not even playing above level 10 maps, even lower and not even rare, only magic maps and I avoid all bosses if possible but even random mobs sometimes manage to het her killed and I just have no clue why. I equipped my lady with life flasks removing shock, freeze, burn and curses but it's just not enough. I'm probably just a bad player, I really don't know. Maybe my equipment is not sufficient. Perhaps you could have a look (at Morgana Mordred) and tell me if anything strikes you as unsuitable or improvable.

Frankly, ANYONE feel free to check out my build and items! I'm grateful for any advice! Thanks in advance, guys! ^^
"
Hey mate!

So, I'm currently trying to get my vortex lady to level 90 (off-season) and so far I've managed to get her to 89 which is at least something. My problem is that she keeps dying for reasons I don't really know because her energy shield is way above 6k and I even took chaos inoculation, ghost reaver and zealot's oath on the passive skill board (I had to respec blast radius and growth and decay nodes for that) and still it seems like it's not enough. I'm not even playing above level 10 maps, even lower and not even rare, only magic maps and I avoid all bosses if possible but even random mobs sometimes manage to het her killed and I just have no clue why. I equipped my lady with life flasks removing shock, freeze, burn and curses but it's just not enough. I'm probably just a bad player, I really don't know. Maybe my equipment is not sufficient. Perhaps you could have a look (at Morgana Mordred) and tell me if anything strikes you as unsuitable or improvable.

Frankly, ANYONE feel free to check out my build and items! I'm grateful for any advice! Thanks in advance, guys! ^^

Hello PrincessOfAsgard

I had a look at your witch. More energy shield would be helpful to prevent being one shot. You could add energy shield to your left ring on the crafting bench. There's still a prefix slot left for this use.

Shield and gloves could have way more energy shield. I know it is hard to find such items. Maybe crafting is your friend. If you have some fossils, I would suggest to use them. Just use the best base items you can get. Here you can see items with the highest base energy shield value: Shields | Gloves

I'm not an expert, but I think that the life flasks won't help you, because you only have 1 life. The secondary effect of life flasks won't be applied if you are already at full life. It would be better to switch to utility flasks like Quart flask for example.

Your helmet is very nice. My vortex witch uses the same one. Unfortunately it has a downside, it reduces our energy shield recharge rate by 50 %. That hurts, since we don't have an awful lof of energy shield leech.

Don't you worry, I'm sure you are not a bad player. Don't feel bad. It's the game that is sometimes quite hard.

Good luck with your maps, exile!

Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
Hello PrincessOfAsgard

I had a look at your witch. More energy shield would be helpful to prevent being one shot. You could add energy shield to your left ring on the crafting bench. There's still a prefix slot left for this use.

Shield and gloves could have way more energy shield. I know it is hard to find such items. Maybe crafting is your friend. If you have some fossils, I would suggest to use them. Just use the best base items you can get. Here you can see items with the highest base energy shield value: Shields | Gloves

I'm not an expert, but I think that the life flasks won't help you, because you only have 1 life. The secondary effect of life flasks won't be applied if you are already at full life. It would be better to switch to utility flasks like Quart flask for example.

Your helmet is very nice. My vortex witch uses the same one. Unfortunately it has a downside, it reduces our energy shield recharge rate by 50 %. That hurts, since we don't have an awful lof of energy shield leech.

Don't you worry, I'm sure you are not a bad player. Don't feel bad. It's the game that is sometimes quite hard.

Hey Caligula_Exile!

Thank you so much for your quick and kind response! Your input already helps me a lot! I will be looking for a better shield and gloves and put some ES on the ring. My pal who used to play PoE for a very long time told me that 6.5k ES should be enough not to get one-hitted by bosses or mobs but then again he also said he never had a character that relied on ES. I'll try to look for better flasks aswell. I thought - and maybe that's where I'm mistaken - that life flasks would help me because I took the big nodes on the tree that transform life leech into energy shield leech. But it seems like this doesn't apply to flasks. I will look for some better ones. I just checked Wrecker's guide again and saw that he uses Mana flasks and not life flasks. I just remembered it the wrong way.

Anyway! Thanks a lot again for your help! I'll brwose through my stash tabs and see if I can find anything useful. Cheers! ^^
"
Hey mate!

what about your resistences?
"
jabeleta wrote:
what about your resistences?

All capped! Far above 75/6%. Chaos on 100% because of chaos inoculation. ^^
"
"
Hello PrincessOfAsgard

Hey Caligula_Exile!

Thank you so much for your quick and kind response! Your input already helps me a lot! I will be looking for a better shield and gloves and put some ES on the ring. My pal who used to play PoE for a very long time told me that 6.5k ES should be enough not to get one-hitted by bosses or mobs but then again he also said he never had a character that relied on ES. I'll try to look for better flasks aswell. I thought - and maybe that's where I'm mistaken - that life flasks would help me because I took the big nodes on the tree that transform life leech into energy shield leech. But it seems like this doesn't apply to flasks. I will look for some better ones. I just checked Wrecker's guide again and saw that he uses Mana flasks and not life flasks. I just remembered it the wrong way.

Anyway! Thanks a lot again for your help! I'll brwose through my stash tabs and see if I can find anything useful. Cheers! ^^

A Sulphur Flask should be good for you. It creates consecrated ground, consecrated ground gives life regeneration - with zealot's oath, it will give you energy shield regenration instead.

If you find a vaal version of discipline, you have another "life"saver. The vaal-skill discilpline lets you regenerate your energy shield immediately, even if you haven taken damage recently. I use one as my panic-button.
Overwhelmed by Path of Exile? You might want to have a look at Wrecker_of_Days' beginner-friendly guides. One-click-wonders that do not require any specific items to conquer the campaign and the Atlas: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288/page/1
"
A Sulphur Flask should be good for you. It creates consecrated ground, consecrated ground gives life regeneration - with zealot's oath, it will give you energy shield regenration instead.

If you find a vaal version of discipline, you have another "life"saver. The vaal-skill discilpline lets you regenerate your energy shield immediately, even if you haven taken damage recently. I use one as my panic-button.

Wow, again that's so helpful! Thank you so much! I spent the last hour looking for a better shield and gloves. I was lucky to find ones which I was able to pimp. Now my ES is slightly above 7k. That's quite a bit more than before. I'll see on my next map how it's going to work out.

I also pimped my flasks and exchanged the life flasks for mana flasks. I'll add a sulphur flask, too. Sounds like a pretty good idea! And I'm sure I'll be able to find a vaal discipline skill gem somewhere aswell. ^^

Thank you so much again! I'll keep you updated about my map clearing success. :)
Last edited by PrincessOfAsgard on Dec 11, 2019, 4:15:51 PM
"
"

Wow, again that's so helpful! Thank you so much! I spent the last hour looking for a better shield and gloves. I was lucky to find ones which I was able to pimp. Now my ES is slightly above 7k. That's quite a bit more than before. I'll see on my next map how it's going to work out.

I also pimped my flasks and exchanged the life flasks for mana flasks. I'll add a sulphur flask, too. Sounds like a pretty good idea! And I'm sure I'll be able to find a vaal discipline skill gem somewhere aswell. ^^

Thank you so much again! I'll keep you updated about my map clearing success. :)

Glad that I could help to inspire you :)

I'll stay tuned, looking forward to hear from your progresses.
"
Spoiler
Hey mate!

Hey PrincessOfAsgard!

It's always a pleasure. I'm sorry you're having trouble. You've received some great advice already and I see you've made some adjustments already as well. So I don't know how valuable you'll find my advice but here are a couple of things I see:

Ghost Reaver really hurts with the decrease in ES recharge rate. That coupled with Wicked Oath is harsh. For example, I put my tree into your PoB with your gear and such. Your ES recharge rate is 1700. With the other tree, it's 3300. And the higher your total ES, the higher that rate goes too. It goes a long way. (Without Bated Breath my recharge is around 4500.)

But that's really all I see. The changes you've made look great! (Though if you're keeping leech, I'd get rid of Spell Echo. It decreases your damage which you don't want with leech.) Your uniques aren't bad for ES by any means. So now it's just the grind of getting the same accessories you have, but with ES, and slowly improving the ES you already have.

The one thing to keep in mind with this build is you will take unmitigated damage unless Enfeeble has already been applied to the enemies. So I ALWAYS move around with this build while I just hold the Vortex button down. Always moving. I do find I die when I stand around, even if I think it's safe.

I hope my little bit helped. And great job going so far! New territory for you isn't it? Pushing 90. Crazy! And good job!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info