[3.9] Enki's Voidforge Consecrated Path Slayer

Hi there!

Do you like hitting hard? Do you like huge swords? Then this might be the right build for you!

It's built around the synergy between Consecrated Path, Slayer Ascendancy and Voidforge
to create large hits for great single target without leaving clearspeed and survivability behind.

I've tried to keep the build accessible, yet it's not a leaguestarter as it needs some stuff to work.

Don't have time or motivation to keep going with the build right now!
Mshock has compiled some useful information for 3.9/Metamorph players in this comment.

Pros & Cons

Spoiler
+ good mobility and clearspeed
+ affordable to get started
+ high damage potential
- rough act progression
- limited HC and SSF viability
- flask/buff-relying survivability

Videos

Pit of the Chimera
Shaper

Path of Building

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/s0wbLvXv (read the Notes Tab!)
Path of Building Github Page
Browser Version
How to import builds

You need to install LocalIdentity's PoB Fork to make this work properly!

Path of Building can't calculate the extra 300% Elemental Damage gained from Voidforge, changing the wording to "Gain 300% of Physical Damage as extra Cold Damage" works.

Note that this will heavily skew damage increase efficiency towards Cold Damage & Cold Penetration in PoB, when infact they aren't as good because of Voidforges randomness.

Leveling this Build

Spoiler

Frost Blades -> Consecrated Path
+ Onslaught -> Melee Physical Damage*
+ Ruthless -> Fortify*
+ Ancestral Call -> Elemental Damage with Attacks*

*once using Consecrated Path

Ancestral Warchief
+ Melee Physical Damage
+ Fortify

Dash -> Leap Slam
+ Faster Attacks
+ Blood Magic

Steelskin or Molten Shell
+ Increased Duration

Herald of Ash

Blood and Sand

Hatred

Life Flask
Life Flask
Mana Flask -> Silver Flask
Quicksilver Flask -> Granite Flask
Quicksilver Flask -> Sulphur Flask

Kill Kraityn - Kill Oak - Help Alira

Act 1 Passives
Act 2 Passives
Act 3 Passives
Act 4 Passives
Act 5 Passives
Act 6 Passives
Act 7 Passives
Act 8 Passives
Act 9 Passives
Act 10 Passives

Passive Tree, Ascendancy & Pantheon

Spoiler

Passives

Lv80
Lv90
Lv100

Ignore any warnings, all passive trees are updated for 3.9.

Ascendancy

Headsman (Normal): Just a nice initial damage boost.

Bane of Legends (Cruel): Gives nice mobility for clearing and a 20% Culling Strike-like effect, which synergizes very well with the large hit nature of this build.

Overwhelm (Merciless): Massively raises base crit for most weapons, such as Voidforge.
Also adds crit multi to us and reduces enemy crit multi.

Impact (Eternal): Lots of extra AoE, accuracy and some damage.

Pantheon

Soul of Solaris (Major): Lots of damage reductions when upgraded, use this as main.

Soul of Gruthkul (Minor): Additional physical mitigation is always good to have.

Soul of Shakari (Minor): Additional chaos damage mitigation, upgrade saves a flask suffix.

Soul of Yugul (Minor): Allows us to run reflect together with Sibyl's Lament.

You can have 1x major and 1x minor Pantheon node active at once.

Gem Setup

Spoiler

Non-corrupted Lv20 Gems can be upgraded to Lv1 20% by vendoring them together with a Gemcutters Prism. Do this with all gems that are marked with a *

Spoiler

Consecrated Path* is an AoE melee skill with inherent 50% physical to fire conversion and very high damage effectiveness, which has a great synergy with Voidforge damage scaling. You can slam stationary or teleport to an enemy to slam and trigger Consecrated Ground.
This also has a 20% more multiplier up to 15 units distance, which falls off until 40 units.

Melee Physical Damage* and Elemental Damage with Attacks* are straight up just more damage multipliers, no other fancy interactions or buffs here.
Fortify* gives another damage multiplier and a buff that reduces the damage we take.

5th Link: Close Combat* gives another proximity-based damage multiplier like the ones on Consecrated Path and Impact, and grants a buff on hit to speed up our Leap Slam.

6th Link: Inspiration* reduces our mana cost and gives an Inspiration Charge per skill use,
up to 5 total, with each giving a more damage multiplier and increased crit chance.

Spoiler

Ancestral Warchief* gives us additional damage for bossfights and is good to snipe some stuff you may not want to get close to. The support gems do exactly the same as above.

Spoiler

Leap Slam* is our movement skill. It's spammable, has no cooldown and can pass gaps.
Faster Attacks* simply just speeds it up.
Blood Magic* assures that leaping won't conflict with our mana management.
Endurance Charge on Melee Stun* grants Endurance Charges and has a long name.

Spoiler

Hatred adds lots of cold damage, which is great to shatter those nasty porcupines.
Herald of Ash* adds fire damage and lots of clearspeed based on our overkill damage.
Blood and Sand lets us switch between more AoE but less damage and vice versa.
Precision adds lots of accuracy and some crit. Unlike most other auras, it reserves a flat amount of mana that increases with its level. Keep it at a level where you still have enough mana left for atleast 3 attacks.

Spoiler

Vaal Molten Shell* grants additional armour and soaks up some damage for a duration.
Increased Duration* and Efficacy increase said duration.

Spoiler

Vengeance* linked with Curse on Hit* and Assassin's Mark* gives us a chance to apply the curse for some extra crit chance and -damage whenever we get hit.

Gear & Flasks

Spoiler

Low Budget

Any basic 350+ pdps 2H sword works, Doomsower is another budget alternative.

Belly of the Beast is a solid starter body armour, otherwise any rare with Life works.

Just a very basic helmet with Life and resistances for now.

Hrimsorrow are a cheap way to get 100% elemental conversion.

Same as helmet, but with some Movement Speed.

Focus on flat Physical Damage, Life and Crit Chance, and Intelligence if needed.

Some more flat Physical Damage, Life and any resistances you need here.
Sibyl's Lament + Soul of Yugul is only needed for elemental reflect maps and Atziri.

Something basic with Life, resistances and Elemental Damage with Attacks is enough.

Jewels should have Life and atleast one good damage affix.

Medium Budget

Wouldn't be a Voidforge build without actually using the sword. The way it works is that for each hit we gain 300% of our Physical Damage as either Cold-, Fire- or Lightning Damage, but can't deal any Physical- or Chaos Damage. It also allows our entire Elemental Damage to shock, which coupled with our huge single hit damage can result in significant shock damage increases on even the highest life targets. And it gives some Life and AoE on top of that.

The issue is that it can only drop from Uber Elder or obtained through The Endless Darkness.

Loreweave is insanely good for this build. Voidforge scales mainly with flat Physical Damage, and pretty much all other stats except for the ES are good for us. You can only get one by vendoring 60x identified unique rings together.

Devoto's Devotion adds lots of speed and is a great mapping helmet, look no further.
Abyssus can be used for any endgame bossfights that don't deal much physical damage.

Any Hatred/Herald of Ash/Precision reduced Mana Reservation enchantments are good.

Consecrated Path only converts 50% of our Physical Damage, so without any additional conversion we'd lose the other 50% when using Voidforge. Gloves can have up to 25% conversion, preferably to Cold. Add Life and resistances and you got a good pair.

Just any Armour-base Boots with Life, resistances and Movement Speed.

Attack Speed or Elemental Resistance Penetration enchantments are best.

Amulets have huge damage potential, try to get Life, Crit Multi and flat Physical Damage.

Good anointments are Fatal Blade, Titanic Impacts or Winter Spirit.

Life, flat Physical Damage, Elemental Damage with Attacks and resistances are the focus here. Use Diamond Rings if you feel you don't crit often enough, otherwise Steel Rings.

Basic Stygian Vise with Life, resistances and Elemental Damage with Attacks.

Life and two damage affixes, preferably Crit Multi, or resistances if really needed.
A Watcher's Eye with Hatred Cold Conversion can convert the last 25% we miss.

High Budget

Of course Voidforge again, if you can afford a Fortify corruption use Maim in the 6th link.

An Elder Body Armour with Attack Crit Chance gives us much needed damage consistency, together with Life and resistances. Loreweave can also still be used if you prefer that.

Devoto's Devotion adds lots of speed and is a great mapping helmet, look no further.
Abyssus can be used for any endgame bossfights that don't deal much physical damage.

Any Hatred/Herald of Ash/Precision reduced Mana Reservation enchantments are good.

Look for gloves with Phys to Cold Conversion, Life, flat Phys or Attack Speed and resistances.

Boots are the main resistance slot for this tier, try to get as much from them as possible together with some Life and Movement Speed.

Attack Speed or Elemental Resistance Penetration enchantments are best.

Life, Crit Multi, flat Phys, +1 minimum Frenzy Charge and either Elemental Damage with Attacks or Elemental Resistance Penetration are what you want here.

Good anointments are Fatal Blade, Titanic Impacts or Winter Spirit.

Steel Rings with Life, flat Phys, Ele Damage with Attacks and +1 minimum Frenzy Charge.

A fossilcrafted Stygian Vise with Life, some resistances if needed and as much Elemental Damage (-with Attacks), Global Physical Damage and/or generic Damage as possible.

Life and three damage affixes, preferably Crit Multi, or resistances if really needed.
A Watcher's Eye with atleast two Hatred/Precision mods rounds up your highend setup.

Flasks

Provides fast life recovery on demand, Eternal Life Flask is the best base for that.
Prefixes: Catalysed
Suffixes: of Staunching

Makes our Crit Chance lucky, which provides lots of effective Crit Chance.
Prefixes: Experimenter's
Suffixes: of Warding

Grants us Onslaught for some extra speed and DPS.
Prefixes: Chemist's
Suffixes: of Heat

Granite Flasks provide lots of flat Armour for better Molten Shell effect.
Lion's Roar gives a great damage multiplier in exchange for a suffix.
Suffixes: of Curing

Good for extra generic damage and Consecrated Ground on demand.
Taste of Hate gives lots of damage and damage reduction.
Suffixes: of Grounding

Changelog

Spoiler

‣ 23rd December 2019: Videos added

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy this build and have a nice day!
Still waiting for much need Selfcast buffs and Elementalist rework.

twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jan 4, 2020, 11:41:58 AM
Last bumped on Jan 13, 2020, 12:17:13 PM
I never thought I'd see the day when Enki put up another guide! This looks great and I'll have to try it partway through the league!
My "For Dummies" guides:
-Tornado Shot For Dummies: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2633692
-Vortex For Dummies: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Knowing Enki, this guide will become a lifeblood staple of the game.
Looking forward to a guide that will be featured in every "League Starter Videos" of every content creator :D
"
Eunbunnie wrote:
Looking forward to a guide that will be featured in every "League Starter Videos" of every content creator :D

Heh, i'm already happy if a handful of people enjoy this build :)

twitch.tv/enki91
Got Voidforge in SSF. Is it bad idea to try to roll this char when my gear isnt perfect? I have decent rares but they miss the elemental dmg with attacks.
Also dont have the jewel. Should I just get jewel with leech on it to substitute?
First off, after randomly 6 linking my voidforge I levelled a char to play with it. This build is great fun!

Isn't the double conversion on gloves legacy only now or am I missing something?

/edit/ still possible with watcher's eye conversion to get 100% :)

How do you deal with stuns? Running into some issues with chain stuns.
Last edited by Bobodelamonk on Sep 14, 2019, 4:55:25 PM
Are you playing this in current league?
How do you personally find it?

I started as a cyclone slayer, and I'm considering a change to something more, fun.
And this looks like it :)

I love melee builds. Not too interested in playing summoner build this league.
Guess I'm not a fan of the meta.

I'm lvl 93, and have some good currency available from a lot of nice drops early on.
@Bezrayer
As long as you can stack flat physical damage to attacks it will be fine. If you enjoy the build, you can start crafting some nice pieces one by one, i'd recommend starting with an ele pen - crit multi - flat phys amulet, then the steel rings.

For leech you could try switching Enfeeble with Warlord's Mark, anointing Blood Drinker or crafting a jewel with Serrated Fossils. The regular leech prefix on jewels is unfortunately physical only.

@Bobodelamonk
Yeah looks like it's legacy now, gotta have to change that part later. But as you said, Watcher's Eye still makes it possible and there's also the option to anoint Winter Spirit, haven't compared it to other options yet tho.

Haven't had any issues with stuns when creating the build, but I do now while leveling a new char in Blight. Soul of Solaris is too strong to skip, so i'll work on a tree that picks up Unwavering Stance.

@RRoyalMarine
Started leveling it with Facebreakers yesterday, currently trying to farm some currency to transistion to Voidforge. Works really well so far, but i've also noticed a few things that can be improved.

-----------
Going to work on some improvements to the build over the next few days and then maybe start expanding the guide a little bit.

twitch.tv/enki91
Upside of this minion meta is that most part of this build are pretty affordable this league!

Personally I've gone with Endless Hunger and Brutal Fevrouw lab nodes, wich for general mapping is pretty nice. But given the 'more' modifiers in headsmen and bane of legends it's probably not worth it. I'll just keep an eye on future changes to see where you take the build ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info