[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

Hey, I am currently running this build (level 82 so far) and I'm loving it! I just wanted to ask if it is possible to switch bladestorm for cyclone. My damage is pretty good, but I feel a lack of AoE during clearings.
"
Gussmeg wrote:
I just wanted to ask if it is possible to switch bladestorm for cyclone. My damage is pretty good, but I feel a lack of AoE during clearings.

Tried swapping to Cyclone myself... the AoE was about the same (but no more extra bladestorms), and it felt slower. Would not recommend.

Last edited by joshagarrado on Jul 17, 2020, 3:33:37 AM
"
Gussmeg wrote:
Hey, I am currently running this build (level 82 so far) and I'm loving it! I just wanted to ask if it is possible to switch bladestorm for cyclone. My damage is pretty good, but I feel a lack of AoE during clearings.

I'm not a big fan of Cyclone so I haven't tried it. Why don't you try it yourself and see if it works for you? You'd probably want to use Infused Channeling with it.
I don't know about the clearspeed but you'd definitely lose single target damage.
If you want more clear speed with BS you can craft some AoE on your gear and definitely invest in attack speed.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
I think there is definitely a merit (after you've accumulated some currency), into trying to invest into crit multi and losing maligaros.

Currently I have 455% crit multi (= 305% increases from gear and tree) and 87% crit chance and 10 mil dps bladestorm (under perfect conditions all buffs up).

55% crit multi from jewelled foil
38% crit multi from amulet
30% + 30% from two jewels socketed in my passive tree
57% + 30% from disemboweling and heartseeker nodes in passive tree (far left and far right side)
Increased by 6% due to assassin's mark curse

With my current gear about each 40% crit multi equals about 15% more overall dps, so roughly losing maligaros and going from 300 to 450% netted me 40% more overall dps.

That is a huge upgrade consdiering 10ex 2+ watchers eye is ~20% dps boost and going from 450 pdps to 600 pdps sword is ~20% dps boost.
"
joshagarrado wrote:
"
Gussmeg wrote:
I just wanted to ask if it is possible to switch bladestorm for cyclone. My damage is pretty good, but I feel a lack of AoE during clearings.

Tried swapping to Cyclone myself... the AoE was about the same (but no more extra bladestorms), and it felt slower. Would not recommend.

I sometimes switch to cyclone for fun and that entails getting some + strike range to increase aoe of cyclone. We can craft some strike range on amulet and helmets. (Can get rid of mana cost on rings/amulet too since -15 on chest alone is enough).

However, it is a bit tricky because infused channeling should be used which means a blue socket, and enough intelligence (~111) to use it, which I don't have right now.

Similar for lacerate -- switch out close combat to multistrike (but multistrike means more mana cost than our bladestorm setup).

I always end up switching back to bladestorm, oddly enough I feel bladestorm has better clear speed and definitely better at bossing. Also, lacerate sucks.
Does anyone here have experience using this build as a dedicated boss killer? I've got a lvl 95 charaacter that I'm looking to respect into this as soon as I figure out the optimal gear for this purpose.
"
kikoimachine wrote:
"
matrixcps wrote:
Is that possible on the garden to remove strength or dexterity from the sword? coz i made a 510 dps sword, but theres no critical chance, just pure physical...
i should remove str or dex that was crafted and add multimod for atk speed, critical and quality..

one way is to crafting prefix cannot be changed and annu the sword, but i dont have money atm for that lol :(

this league is getting so hard for me

You can remove it using the seed craft that rerolls all suffixes and keeps prefixes. Keep repeating it until you hit removeable suffixes and go from there. You can multimod aspd and crit/quality.
If you want to continue building for block chance, augment speed for attack speed, craft crit/quality and then slam redeemer. If the slam doesnt hit block chance, add/remove influence until you get it.

Divining my sword is done, its at 540dps now.

Crafting process was:
1. alt spam a redeemer base until you hit t1 block.
2. if the prefix isnt physical, remove it and augment physical on it. add/remove until you hit t1 phys% or hybrid phys.
3. imprint the sword.
4. regal the sword, remove the added mod.
5. craft flat phys to block it.
6. augment physical. you want a high tier phys% or hybrid phys.
7. if it misses and you hit cold or life, remove it and go back to step 6.
8. if you hit a low tier phys roll, remove phys. you have 50/50 chance of not hitting your t1.
9. if the low tier is removed, just augment again. if the t1 is removed, restore the imprint and go back to step 4.
10. if you hit high tier, you can multimod.
10a. if you want to continue crafting, slam another phys and hope you hit a high tier flat phys. if you do, augment crit or speed and then craft quality.

wouldn't it be better to upgrade to rare before trying to add/rem phys? if you hit gem/stun you will brick it from the regal, and you can also block suffix to get one phys first
Hello everyone!
Loving the build so far, never had a char being this tanky before :D

Just a little question that confuses me, when I'm checking my pob and compare my Scaeva to 400+ pdps weapons the upgrade seems so small that I don't get why it would be worth paying exalted orbs for it atm. I suspect I'm overlooking something that I'm missing something to make those higher pdps weapons more effective than DW Scaevas :p
I'm not really used to playing melee and getting this far. ^^

Very thankful for any help :)
"
Zelphar wrote:

wouldn't it be better to upgrade to rare before trying to add/rem phys? if you hit gem/stun you will brick it from the regal, and you can also block suffix to get one phys first

No, you add remove for t1 merciless so you can imprint the sword before regaling it, allowing you to reset the craft if you remove any of the t1 merciless while you try to remove a low tier flat phys or hybrid. You can also start with attack speed with the merciless and add block later, but add/remove influence is more expensive than an imprint beast.

Anyway the dual wield variation is great for anything other than fully juiced delirium maps. I tried to optimize it for a fully juiced t19 100% delirium map, however I found it lacking in the survivability side of things.

I have switched to shield and it survives and deals way better damage by dropping maligaro and switching to a jewelled foil for crit multi stacking.

I am selling my old sword if anyone is interested:

Here is my current gear, sitting at 15m dps and 298k ehp with this setup, just need to swap the crit chance into crit multi on the ammy:
Spoiler
Last edited by kikoimachine on Jul 19, 2020, 6:44:41 AM
"
Martingale7 wrote:
Does anyone here have experience using this build as a dedicated boss killer? I've got a lvl 95 charaacter that I'm looking to respect into this as soon as I figure out the optimal gear for this purpose.

What do you mean anyone? Everyone has experience with this build as a boss killer because that's its main purpose and its great at it.

"
Tonkan92 wrote:
Hello everyone!
Loving the build so far, never had a char being this tanky before :D

Just a little question that confuses me, when I'm checking my pob and compare my Scaeva to 400+ pdps weapons the upgrade seems so small that I don't get why it would be worth paying exalted orbs for it atm. I suspect I'm overlooking something that I'm missing something to make those higher pdps weapons more effective than DW Scaevas :p
I'm not really used to playing melee and getting this far. ^^

Very thankful for any help :)

Scaeva in main hand doesn't give you block so there's no point in dual wielding them. It does give you crit though so that makes it equal to a higher PDps sword.
It's a dirt cheap sword and good at what it offers but you can very cheaply get an upgrade. Not sure if you're doing something wrong but this is an attack build and it's important to have high PDps weapons.

"
hyukin wrote:

I always end up switching back to bladestorm, oddly enough I feel bladestorm has better clear speed and definitely better at bossing. Also, lacerate sucks.

Yeah Lacerate sucks. I have an old Lacerate slayer that I'm looking into respecing. I fixed it last league but it still sucks. Cyclone gives a better flow for clearing. Not entirely sure if its faster though without the Slayer buffs. Overall Bladestorm is the best skill of the three.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Jul 19, 2020, 8:29:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info