[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

I'm loving your build and the way you wrote and explained it, beautiful work
So, first off thank you OP for sharing this build I absolutely love it.

Now, I've had some trouble with dps. I tried switching some of my block chance off in favor of more dps, because I haven't crafted block weapons or a chest (ps4 economy is absolute trash and I can't find anything pre-crafted). It's worked somewhat, but I still can't really handle juiced up 120+ t16s or sketchy delves at 250+. I read OP's suggestion on just getting a high dps sword, but I can't even find one of those on the market and my attempts to craft one have been awful so far. Is getting better swords and a better chest my only choice at this point? Also, I'm not a huge fan of Maligaro's. Should I use gripped gloves over spiked? I know OP posted gripped but I haven't crafted a decent pair of them either.
Would this build be useable with The Savior?
Done siris 8 multiple times now. Some deathless others...down to the last portal.

Last edited by PatienceGG on Jan 24, 2020, 9:47:21 AM
"
Shakmin wrote:

I don't see why not as long as you're not sacrificing too much block. There are better builds though I'm sure.

"
PatienceGG wrote:

Done siris 8 multiple times now. Some deathless others...down to the last portal.

What's killing you? I facetank all beams, make sure to get out of degen quickly, and not leap slam into vortexes by accident. I've also blocked the 1~2 meteors I've accidentally couldn't get out of in time. Currently Deathless on all Sirus attempts since switching to this build. Sirus is pretty trivial since the nerfs. Uber Elder still seems the much harder fight. Cortex is kind of a pain too. 83 Mastermind is also pretty easy and I Haven't found Aul yet.

The biggest annoyance/trouble for me is Legion encounters and blighted maps. Wish I didn't sell all my Scourge Arrow/ED equipment from my earlier builds this league since they handled them much better. Blighted encounters are ok because I can just sit on the pump with Lions Roar(Knockback), but the maps will overwhelm me easy. Trying to save up for a good 650dps sword and then I'll swap out some flasks for Rumi's i think to maintain high block, more burst will help with blighted maps I feel.

"

You only say this because you didn't read the guide thoroughly. Check the 3.9 section again ;)
ahh shit I remember seeing this and forgot about it, Will update now. Thanks for the tip.
Last edited by EnrageDlol on Jan 24, 2020, 6:08:22 PM
Hmm, I installed the LocalIdentity fork for PoB. My DPS is a bit higher but enabling/disabling or altering the gem level of the Close Combat gem doesn't affect my DPS at all, just the mana cost of Bladestorm like before.

I even reinstalled a fresh version of PoB just to make sure I did everything right.
Last edited by EnrageDlol on Jan 24, 2020, 6:31:39 PM
"
Nipels wrote:
I am about to buy a 6 link astral plate, how do I go about crafting something like the chest you have. I believe it would have to be fossil crafted to have the -15 to mana.

Yes you need a serated fossil for that.

"
I'm loving your build and the way you wrote and explained it, beautiful work

Thanks for that.

"
So, first off thank you OP for sharing this build I absolutely love it.

Now, I've had some trouble with dps. I tried switching some of my block chance off in favor of more dps, because I haven't crafted block weapons or a chest (ps4 economy is absolute trash and I can't find anything pre-crafted). It's worked somewhat, but I still can't really handle juiced up 120+ t16s or sketchy delves at 250+. I read OP's suggestion on just getting a high dps sword, but I can't even find one of those on the market and my attempts to craft one have been awful so far. Is getting better swords and a better chest my only choice at this point? Also, I'm not a huge fan of Maligaro's. Should I use gripped gloves over spiked? I know OP posted gripped but I haven't crafted a decent pair of them either.

Well it's an attack build so yeah you need good weapons for high damage, there's no way around this. Maybe look for some crafting guide on youtube. Since the multimod nerf crafting is harder but there may be some fossil combination or something that can help. I don't really know because I rarely craft.
No you need spiked gloves, not gripped. The projectile implicit is useless. I just linked those in the guide because they have very useful properties, just not the implicit. I must have some good spiked on standard to link in the guide instead. It seems they confuse people.

"
Shakmin wrote:

I suppose so. It's a low DPS sword but the reflection skill is pretty OP. You'd need to get some other block source though (amulet, gloves, armour etc).

"
PatienceGG wrote:

You probably just need some more practice since it's a new boss.

"
EnrageDlol wrote:
Hmm, I installed the LocalIdentity fork for PoB. My DPS is a bit higher but enabling/disabling or altering the gem level of the Close Combat gem doesn't affect my DPS at all, just the mana cost of Bladestorm like before.

I even reinstalled a fresh version of PoB just to make sure I did everything right.

You haven't entered the distance to enemy value. Enter 0 and see your DPS double.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Jan 24, 2020, 8:42:05 PM
"

You haven't entered the distance to enemy value. Enter 0 and see your DPS double.

Yep, EZ 482K dps added. thank you sir, i knew I was missing something simple.
"
Shakmin wrote:

I think you would need to change the passive tree to have a lot more crit. Though with that you would be dropping off a fair bit of HP or block chance.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"
Shakmin wrote:

I think you would need to change the passive tree to have a lot more crit. Though with that you would be dropping off a fair bit of HP or block chance.

Why would you want more crit, let alone a lot more? The mirages last for 10 sec and they are immortal. We have 6 APS with 45% effective crit chance which means when they expire we can resummon BOTH of them in around 0,9 sec. Unless I'm missing something vital we actually don't need ANY more crit.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info