[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

"
If you need sick gear just to get decent clearspeed out of a build then it's a bad build.

It's tanky, I'll give it that, but the clearspeed and overall dps on a reasonable budget is absolutely atrocious.

Don't bust a build because you can't figure it out. The build author tried to help you, and nothing came of it. I sent you a PM, and yet you ignored it. Your gear and gems are all over the place, and no you dont need to have stupid amounts of money to do this. I started this league as this, and so far I've only ran into problems where I was the issue, not the build.

You're running Impale support but not Dread Banner, thats missed dmg there, as you are not sitting close to 100% impale chance. Just like Accuracy, Impale is not going to feel that great until you get a high number, and its going to feel like trash.

Change your gear and your gloves, you'd be honestly surprised at what it will do. I could go on and list out everything that you can change to make it feel better and have better speed

Or don't, and continue to sit here and complain, makes no difference to me.

As for the build author: Loving this so far, tanky as hell and has amazing dmg if you know how to properly play/gear in PoE.

Edit: Also don't come at me about my gear, I just swapped all this last night as I made 10ex out of Grand Heists. Before i was running a rare sword w/block and the Saviour. The most I spent on a single piece was the Paradoxia and Saviour. Everything else on me was less then 90c. I invested in the chest, spent 50c on it with a single socket and linked it myself. Stop trying to shop outside of your budget if you can't afford it.
Last edited by Amkuza on May 6, 2021, 12:49:08 PM
"
Amkuza wrote:

Don't bust a build because you can't figure it out.

The build author tried to help you, and nothing came of it. I sent you a PM, and yet you ignored it. Your gear and gems are all over the place, and no you dont need to have stupid amounts of money to do this. I started this league as this, and so far I've only ran into problems where I was the issue, not the build.

Eh, don't waste your time on him. It's not worth it. Not knowing the game is not the problem. Not listening to people and not trying to learn is.

"
Amkuza wrote:

As for the build author: Loving this so far, tanky as hell and has amazing dmg if you know how to properly play/gear in PoE.

Edit: Also don't come at me about my gear, I just swapped all this last night as I made 10ex out of Grand Heists. Before i was running a rare sword w/block and the Saviour. The most I spent on a single piece was the Paradoxia and Saviour. Everything else on me was less then 90c. I invested in the chest, spent 50c on it with a single socket and linked it myself. Stop trying to shop outside of your budget if you can't afford it.

Glad you're enjoying this. Your gear it very nice. Get a better belt though and a Lion's for bosses and craft of the order somewhere. That quicksilver is not needed. Just use leap slam.
Bottled faith is expensive this league, So that and a +1 impale watcher's are your endgame items.
So I don't know how to play the game despite this thread being riddled with people saying the build lacks damage?

If you had actually read what I was saying, clearspeed is the problem for me. Impale is for bossing, so saying I apparently ruined the entire build just because I'm leveling Impale Support in my 6l is nonsense. The build has extremely underwhelming dps and I cannot for the love of god figure out how the OP has around 50% more AoE and at least 100% more attack speed than I do (BEFORE he gains charges!). His blood storms are bigger than my sand storms!

Changing to gloves that give me 50% extra crit multi while taking away life and resists is not going to solve the clearspeed issue. Nor will swapping Impale for Ruthless (it's what I normally run). I'm level 85 clearing maps with lvl 70 monsters at the same speed as a lvl 65 Flicker Strike character ffs.

I think it's clear you'll only get decent clearspeed out of this build if you invest 20 exalts minimum. That is my problem with the build. It's presented as a good starting build, a league starter.. but it's really not and I regret investing multiple exalts into it.

Now, seriously, I need to know. Nobody seems to have answered this question for me yet. Why don't we include elemental damage in thuis build and focus on lowering/penetrating the enemy's resists instead of increasing their phys dmg taken? There's no actual logic behind limiting ourselves to physical damage in this build and we can get boatloads more raw DPS with elemental damage. The playstyle remains exactly the same too, we don't use Bleed or Poison as a proper source of damage.
Last edited by Tr0gledyte on May 7, 2021, 3:51:01 PM
"
Tr0gledyte wrote:
So I don't know how to play the game despite this thread being riddled with people saying the build lacks damage?

If you had actually read what I was saying, clearspeed is the problem for me. Impale is for bossing, so saying I apparently ruined the entire build just because I'm leveling Impale Support in my 6l is nonsense. The build has extremely underwhelming dps and I cannot for the love of god figure out how the OP has around 50% more AoE and at least 100% more attack speed than I do (BEFORE he gains charges!). His blood storms are bigger than my sand storms!

Changing to gloves that give me 50% extra crit multi while taking away life and resists is not going to solve the clearspeed issue. Nor will swapping Impale for Ruthless (it's what I normally run). I'm level 85 clearing maps with lvl 70 monsters at the same speed as a lvl 65 Flicker Strike character ffs.

I think it's clear you'll only get decent clearspeed out of this build if you invest 20 exalts minimum. That is my problem with the build. It's presented as a good starting build, a league starter.. but it's really not and I regret investing multiple exalts into it.

Now, seriously, I need to know. Nobody seems to have answered this question for me yet. Why don't we include elemental damage in thuis build and focus on lowering/penetrating the enemy's resists instead of increasing their phys dmg taken? There's no actual logic behind limiting ourselves to physical damage in this build and we can get boatloads more raw DPS with elemental damage. The playstyle remains exactly the same too, we don't use Bleed or Poison or anything based off Phys damage.

Yeah the build is dirt unless u invest a bunch of currency into it, nothing short of a paradoxia or 450pdps foil + savior makes the build enjoyable past a5.

Its trade league only viable to be honest, not ssf friendly at all. Although ive made it somewhat work, still absolutely horrible dps. OP only plays the build in standard so he doesnt really have any idea how bad it is until you put 30+ exalts into it at which point you could get way better performance from so many other builds.

I played it both in standard with 90% maxed out gear and its woeful compared to playing something like lacerate/cyclone with the exact same gear.

I played it in ssf, and while i have pretty damn good gear even for reasonable trade league standards, its still terrible clear. The savior is literally 2/3rds of this entire builds dps without it, its a wet noodle.

I suggest you get this first item you upgrade to. Then either a 400pdps foil or use you current until you get a paradoxia. You can drop brutality, put in multistrike and use atziri flask, and whatever other scuff you get your hands on until you have the weapons to go raw phys.

You wont get the scaling from pride/purity so you can try running herald of ash to see if it helps.

Here is the junk im using in SSF, it killed a5 sirus and trial master in a blue t15, but its starting to really feel the pinch now in a5 conqurors without the savior.

Maybe you can draw some cheap inspiration from there, but yeah as you said ops idea of help is to tell you to throw currency at it and buy the weapons. Honestly its pretty much the only way you will get anywhere with the build.

Spoiler

Here is the junk i used in standard

the stuff i used.

Spoiler

Using the same gear but changing to bleed lacerate is about a 40million dmg change lol. Blade storm is just a terribe skill but this build uses 80% of the tree taking block and life so you gotta take what you get. You can drop a bunch of the block and run rumis and takemore damage nodes and swap back to the block at a later date is aso another idea.

Anyways good luck with it, OP is super.. obnoxious and constantly has his posts deleted, gl getting help from him.
"
stormyknight wrote:
"
Tr0gledyte wrote:

Now, seriously, I need to know. Nobody seems to have answered this question for me yet. Why don't we include elemental damage in thuis build and focus on lowering/penetrating the enemy's resists instead of increasing their phys dmg taken? There's no actual logic behind limiting ourselves to physical damage in this build and we can get boatloads more raw DPS with elemental damage. The playstyle remains exactly the same too, we don't use Bleed or Poison or anything based off Phys damage.

Yeah the build is dirt unless u invest a bunch of currency into it, nothing short of a paradoxia or 450pdps foil + savior makes the build enjoyable past a5.

Its trade league only viable to be honest, not ssf friendly at all. Although ive made it somewhat work, still absolutely horrible dps. OP only plays the build in standard so he doesnt really have any idea how bad it is until you put 30+ exalts into it at which point you could get way better performance from so many other builds.

I played it both in standard with 90% maxed out gear and its woeful compared to playing something like lacerate/cyclone with the exact same gear.

I played it in ssf, and while i have pretty damn good gear even for reasonable trade league standards, its still terrible clear. The savior is literally 2/3rds of this entire builds dps without it, its a wet noodle.

I suggest you get this first item you upgrade to. Then either a 400pdps foil or use you current until you get a paradoxia. You can drop brutality, put in multistrike and use atziri flask, and whatever other scuff you get your hands on until you have the weapons to go raw phys.

You wont get the scaling from pride/purity so you can try running herald of ash to see if it helps.

Here is the junk im using in SSF, it killed a5 sirus and trial master in a blue t15, but its starting to really feel the pinch now in a5 conqurors without the savior.

Maybe you can draw some cheap inspiration from there, but yeah as you said ops idea of help is to tell you to throw currency at it and buy the weapons. Honestly its pretty much the only way you will get anywhere with the build.

Spoiler

Here is the junk i used in standard

the stuff i used.

Spoiler

Using the same gear but changing to bleed lacerate is about a 40million dmg change lol. Blade storm is just a terribe skill but this build uses 80% of the tree taking block and life so you gotta take what you get. You can drop a bunch of the block and run rumis and takemore damage nodes and swap back to the block at a later date is aso another idea.

Anyways good luck with it, OP is super.. obnoxious and constantly has his posts deleted, gl getting help from him.

Can you give more details about changing to bleed lacerate? I cant work anything out myself
Thanks for the tips!

I'm in a transitional period, but I made a few changes:

- Swapped Brutality for Added Fire Damage support
- Swapped the Impale / Multistrike / Ruthless slot for Pulverise support. This actually helps a ton with Sand stance clearing, damage per hit is more important than attack speed for clearing packs with Bladestorm.
- Swapped Flesh and Stone, which didn't seem to help me that much, for Herald of Ash.
- Equipped Atziri's Promise

My DPS has tripled with these small changes, packs are dying with 1-2 sandstorms now, and this is just the tiny beginning of the changes I want to make..

Playstyle of the build remains exactly the same. Due to the limit of 3 bladestorms and the fact that initial hits have 50% reduced damage, Bladestorm actually benefits more from extra damage than from attack speed while clearing.

The strength of Bladestorm is in the AoE storm that lingers and does damage, the build works much better if you use this to your advantage. OP plays this skill as if it's Cyclone. Which is a problem because Cyclone does it 10x better.

I will benefit immensely from the 4 bladestorm enchant, hope I can get that at some point.
Last edited by Tr0gledyte on May 7, 2021, 6:50:28 PM
I had a lot of fun with this build for a while...up to about T10 maps. it wasnt fast map clear but i didnt really care about that, the main reason i chose it was because i wanted to be able to do bosses i previously had a lot of problems with as a caster/summoner (due to survival). I was even doing T14 maps without too much of a problem ....at this point i had had very little luck with currency drops, so my gear was limited to cheaper stuff. I decided to take a break from mapping and do some heist, which is a league i never really did much with before. i leveled up the characters so i could do an unusual gems blueprint revealed, and ended up getting a few nice divergent gems that netted me about 10ex. with this i switched from my trash 6-link to a good rare, bought a cheap but decent savior (still using rigwals in offhand), and picked up a level 3 empower so i could finally use the pride gem id been leveling.

The result was somewhat dissapointing. my sheet dps went down by a good bit. I realize that was expected because of the saviors reflection dps not really being shown, but even ignoring sheet dps, i couldnt help but feel that bosses felt a bit harder, and dispite the increase in my health, ultimatums definately felt like i was less tanky and one-shots were happening more, not less dispite increasing my health pool. my armor went down a bit because my 'trash' 6-link was actually very high armor compared to the one i ended up buying for the mods, but still around 50% with flasks popped.

My point being that while im sure there is a good bit of improvement possible in my gear, so far this transitioning period of me moving closer to the intended build seems to be doing more harm then my herald of purity, no pride build.

someone mentioned pulverize, and i was also wondering if this would be a better gem to use since it would make the bladestorm larger (and be more damage if i swapped out say, fortify). maybe tie fortify into the reposite instead?

If someone could look at my gear, i need to rebalance a few things (chaos resist fell with my gear change, need to pick up another 20% somewhere, but im looking to see what would give me the most bang for my buck improvement right now.
The Saviour simply mirrors your other sword. So you need something good to pair it with. At least get a Paradoxica with some good mods (crit, impale etc). Speaking of Impale, do you have 100% chance? If not then you absolutely need to. Also you need a decent crit chance.
You have no quality on some gems. How can you run that precision? It's too high. Get a silver flask, no need for two life flasks. That large cluster jewel is probably doing more harm than good. I use devastator too but it's not as good as you'd think and heavy hitter isn't that great either. Better to just use nodes from the tree until you can get a really good cluster. For more damage you can use the thread of hope as described, a Ryslatha's or a pride Watcher's.

Conserning your gear, the armour is ok but pretty much everything else can be easily upgraded. Start with the helmet (preferably with an enchant) and then the belt.

Use both totems (vaal warchief and protector). It's free damage.
Fortify on BS is the most defensive option. You can use a damage gem (see the gem section) and use fortify on leap slam. It gives you decent uptime but not 100%. Fortify doesn't work with riposte. If it did it'd be too good an option and GGG doesn't want that.

Armour doesn't really do much. I suggest you read the wiki on how it works. It's practically useless against large hits unless you have 20K or so and we can never get that. High block chance, fortify and high life is what you need to focus on.
Last edited by Diomhdhs_o_Argeios on May 9, 2021, 11:03:28 PM
"
The Saviour simply mirrors your other sword. So you need something good to pair it with. At least get a Paradoxica with some good mods (crit, impale etc). Speaking of Impale, do you have 100% chance? If not then you absolutely need to. Also you need a decent crit chance.
You have no quality on some gems. How can you run that precision? It's too high. Get a silver flask, no need for two life flasks. That large cluster jewel is probably doing more harm than good. I use devastator too but it's not as good as you'd think and heavy hitter isn't that great either. Better to just use nodes from the tree until you can get a really good cluster. For more damage you can use the thread of hope as described, a Ryslatha's or a pride Watcher's.

Conserning your gear, the armour is ok but pretty much everything else can be easily upgraded. Start with the helmet (preferably with an enchant) and then the belt.

Use both totems (vaal warchief and protector). It's free damage.
Fortify on BS is the most defensive option. You can use a damage gem (see the gem section) and use fortify on leap slam. It gives you decent uptime but not 100%. Fortify doesn't work with riposte. If it did it'd be too good an option and GGG doesn't want that.

Armour doesn't really do much. I suggest you read the wiki on how it works. It's practically useless against large hits unless you have 20K or so and we can never get that. High block chance, fortify and high life is what you need to focus on.

Impale is at 80% according to poB but i think thats a bug not showing the 20% from the banner. PoB has a major bug that just ignores the fact that bladestorm causes bleeding. unless i allocate an extra node manually that says % to bleeding, it doesnt even show bleeding damage.

I'm not running the precision, im just leveling it to sell. Picked it up in a grand heist, was going to get it to 20 before i sell it, or maybe try corrupting it for more money.

I've been holding back on upgrading my helm cause firstly the first time i ran the endless lab, it gave me really crappy options, and also i need to rebalance my resists, my left ring sucks because i needed something to get my int up high enough for enlighten and the damn int requirements....so im at that sucky point that i need to upgrade my helm, rings, and probably boots all at the same time

my gems are at level 20, and true, i havent tried pushing them or quality yet, but the build doesnt really fit an empower so 21 is probably the best i can hope for.

As for my flasks, this is pretty much my first meele character, and im still kinda frantic and overcautious popping flasks, so i kinda need that extra life flask right now.
I don't think PoB has a bug for dread banner. At least for me it counts as it should. It's easy to see in the impale section of calcs it shows all impale sources.

Bleeding is irrelevant for us. We don't scale it.

Upgrading lots of gear at the same time is the best way. You don't need to balance resists every time you get one piece which severely lowers your options. You can get a helm with the enchant you need and then craft it. That's what I did and it was easy and cheap because all I needed was lots of life and int. Crafting something decent isn't hard. It's definitely MUCH easier than getting a good helmet and hoping that you'll get the enchant you want on it.

Why do you keep mentioning empower? That's a bad choice. Getting 21 on gems is good but not really needed. Getting quality on them is necessary though.

If this is your first attack build then you probably haven't noticed that active skill gem levels do almost nothing for damage. It's very different from spells where levels are everything. Try it out on PoB, you'll be amazed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info