[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

Just got to maps today (level 71 atm, with 3.5k life lol). I know the gear is terribad, but what should I prioritize upgrading first? Currently it takes about 5 seconds to kill a single t3 map rare...

"
"
coffeehouse74 wrote:
Here to say this is my second season with this build and its just an amazing well rounded build that delivers. 3rd day of the league and already 7/40. This build will easily take me to 36 (my planned stopping point). The trial master is hands down a great example of what this build can handle with ease.

https://imgur.com/a/zdg0kPH

My investment so far is about 110c, with the body armor being the majority of that. I will add on as I can afford it.

Thanks!

Nice to get a report from the league that the build is still working well. Guess I'll be trying the trial master thing in 3 months :P GL with the league.

"
Kombajnista wrote:

Ok I did changes on my current equip, have 79% block weey, also u have bad gem "arrogance support" you need to swap in guide for lifetap, just update that confused me :)

No I don't! The gems are presented in the gem section and lifetap is there. The gear section is for gear and NOT gems.

I think he means in the gem section in your POB link, looking at it there is arrogance linked with leapslam and faster attacks
The damage problem has been solved, seems to work fine now, I just had to get used to how Bladestorm works.

Question, is it worth it to run a 4L with Riposte - Vengeance - Onslaught - Culling strike for more Onslaught/culling procs and some bonus clearing speed?

I could sacrifice increased duration in the CWDT setup for this.

Also, the Dodge skills are pretty close on the tree and 30% chance to Dodge stuff seems significant when stacked with around 80% block chance. Would that be a good idea? Or does the Dodge mechanic have priority over blocking, meaning it would trigger block-related skills less often?
"
Rigwald's Command is another option. Good DPS and gives Frenzy charges on kill. These used to be expensive in 3.7 but now that the meta has shifted you can get them a lot cheaper so they are now a viable option if you're on a budget.

That frenzy charge was removed in 3.11
"
itsdarrow wrote:

I think he means in the gem section in your POB link, looking at it there is arrogance linked with leapslam and faster attacks

That's right. PoB did the same thing as GGG and automatically replaced blood magic with arrogance. A stupid decision in my opinion since BM was mostly used with movement skills rather than auras. Anyway, fixed, thanks.

"
Tsazao wrote:

That frenzy charge was removed in 3.11

Thanks, removed.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
The damage problem has been solved, seems to work fine now, I just had to get used to how Bladestorm works.

Question, is it worth it to run a 4L with Riposte - Vengeance - Onslaught - Culling strike for more Onslaught/culling procs and some bonus clearing speed?

Also, the Dodge skills are pretty close on the tree and 30% chance to Dodge stuff seems significant when stacked with around 80% block chance. Would that be a good idea? Or does the Dodge mechanic have priority over blocking, meaning it would trigger block-related skills less often?

Because of the cooldown of riposte and vengeance don't expect any DPS increase from them. Just utility stuff. Another option would be to replace the setup with a 4L vaal warchief.
Don't take dodge, we want to block stuff to proc painforged and VR.

"
MillenniumDH wrote:
Just got to maps today (level 71 atm, with 3.5k life lol). I know the gear is terribad, but what should I prioritize upgrading first? Currently it takes about 5 seconds to kill a single t3 map rare...

5 sec with that gear? Seems weird. Try the impale option, it'll give you more damage against bosses.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Apr 21, 2021, 6:24:45 PM
"
"

Because of the cooldown of riposte and vengeance don't expect any DPS increase from them. Just utility stuff. Another option would be to replace the setup with a 4L vaal warchief.
Don't take dodge, we want to block stuff to proc painforged and VR.

Wouldn't Vengeance increase Onslaught uptime? Especially against uniques because the chance to trigger Onslaught is only 10% per Riposte hit so it will rarely trigger against a boss. At 30% per kill Vengeance might give a noticeable Onslaught boost to regular mobs as well. Or am I missing something?

Basically my concern is about onslaught uptime, it seems to be pretty low in this build without a flask. With vengeance the chance to proc onslaught should be nearly doubled. Maybe more than doubled when clearing because Vengeance is AoE and can get multiple kills. If I'm not mistaken blocking counts as a hit and will also proc Vengeance.
Maybe I'm not understanding your reasoning correctly because it's late but...
Why do you say "30% per kill". It's 30% per hit.
Riposte always triggers on block with a cooldown of 0,8sec. Vengeance has a 30% chance to trigger on hit with a cooldown of 1,2sec. A block does count as a hit but we block 79% of hits so you don't gain much with "on hit" vs "on block". And that 30% chance and 50% longer cooldown kinda kills your chance of triggering it.

So if you also add vengeance you will indeed increase the chance of triggering onslaught but you won't double it. At least not in most situations. If you're in the middle of a very large pack of white mobs then maybe...

Also I don't really think the "on kill" aspect of onslaught really works. It's a 1L skill and it does virtually no damage. So practically only if you cull an enemy you can use the "on kill" aspect of onslaught. I use that gem for the "on hit" against uniques. It works well with bosses that hit a lot. Not so well with things like Shaper.

Finally to use vengeance you need to remove something. Probably precision. But that's a 2,5% damage loss which you probably won't make up with the questionable increase in onslaught uptime. Or maybe you can remove increased duration. But that's a defensive loss.

So... doesn't sound that good to me. But if you think it'll work then try it out and see.

Just wondering how this builds holds up to ultimatums, as I went squishy for my league started and am now fully regretting it.
This build seems to do fine in ultimatums, for me at least, I have issues with damage against bosses later on, just takes a bit, but the survivability is no joke. Ultimatums as long as I don't pick the wrong mods are literally just a walk in the park.

Just trying to figure out why my damage is only something like 50k dps on PoB. Probably just cus I don't have several ex to spend on expensive swords :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info