[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

Thanks for your reply.

I will definetly go with this as a starter. I think i will go with 2 claws insteed of claw/shield.

I am not very good at creating builds so i will wait the full version of this guide. I dont like the posted chests but i am not sure what other options we have.
Will finish the build by the start of the League? Want start with this build.
"
iwonderwice wrote:
Why would u go Perfect Agony if u use Coralito's?

One reason would be for bosses. You'll only get two uses of the flask without a good number of adds. 100% uptime will feel a lot better for long boss fights like guardians and Shaper. If you are just planning on farming maps, the flask by itself should be sufficient.
Last edited by thrackstar on Sep 5, 2019, 7:32:59 AM
I;m considering dual daggers instead of claws. Taproot is solid choice. More crit chance/multi on dagger nodes make Perfect Agony an option. Could be huge for poison scaling. Really need POB update with new gems to check out the numbers.
Just checked out your PoB link. For fun i tried replacing ST with Viper Strike, dps went from 1,3m to 5,1m. I guess that is a solid choice to gem-swap for bossing aye ?
"
How good will this be in SSF ?

The unique you are listing are not hard to find but with only a tabula in early mapping do you think not having wasp nest will hurt the early game ?

I have never played SSF and I don't know what it is like.
If you play SSF, you probably have a good idea of crafting, I think you can easily craft a good weapon to start.

"
Will this be good as a league starter?

I think so, always bleed or poison did well on act

"
What do you think about helm Crown of the Tyrant and new ring Icefang Orbit?

I think losing one 4 link is too much for flat damage. The ring has interesting interactions but I think strong Rare will be much better for both defensive and offensive.

"
Btw. Can You make in pob leveling trees? Or where we can go first in tree etc?

I will do a PoB update with the path I follow (although of course this may change depending on the needs).

"
Seems like a lot of people are saying Cobra Lash looks better, but against single target your chains will be useless. Venom Gyre with just a little bit of pierce (like you can get for 3 passives on the tree) will let you build up poisons a lot faster on bosses. You could even use the oils to put the Piercing Shots notable on your amulet to save the 3 points.

Yes, but as Assasin Cobra Lash gives us additional Crit and Multiplayer from crit, and it has more damage effectiveness, a lot of bosses also have minions in which the chain already changes a lot. As I wrote I will definitely try both skills and I will not stack on anything. But now Cobra Lash seems much better on full poison build, Venom Gyre will be good on hybrid build where hit means something, or on non crit poison build. With such a high Crit chance (On Special Trow PoB shows 78% Effective crit, Cobra Lash + Nightblade support will also give us some good percentage, plus full and low life options from Ambush and Assassinate ofcourse)

"
The exception is if you are going Deadeye, because all of those remaining chains are not wasted, you can end up getting a huge damage multiplier. But then, of course, you would be going straight up hit damage instead of poison.

Now we are talking about a completely different build :)

"
Can someone explain to me why to use shield and not 2 claws?

The matter with dual wield is a trick, we have to choose the statistics very well in order not to lose on it, probably on endgame it will be a good option but you will need to have two really good claws. After all, Ailment Duration is underestimated by many but poison is very important (which shows how Tempral Chains is close to Despair in PoB when it comes to numbers) that's why Leper's Alms is a very good option for this build.

"
Why would u go Perfect Agony if u use Coralito's?

With how much crit we will have, Perfect Agony is a great option you'll want to have her all the time (certainly for bosses, a little hit damage might be useful for a maping, we'll see).

Coralito's we use as our Diamond Flask which gives us Poison Duration.

"
Will finish the build by the start of the League? Want start with this build.

Build is almost finished, we are waiting for PoB update with new skills. These are completely new skills and reworked mechanic so there is always the possibility that something will change during the league because I intend to check and test a lot of things but anyway I think it looks solid here and now.

"
With the change to Perfect Agony, still thinking if invest more in crit with +1 power charges node and some nodes as Heartseeker

Our Crit will be still very high, over 80% effective, I checked in PoB (for now on Special Throw) multi gives a lot but giving up Claw or Poison node for crit node will be dps lose.

When it comes to new oil mechanics I think the best will be Constitution for alot of HP, Atrophy/Corruption/Dirty Techniques for DPS ;)

"
Just checked out your PoB link. For fun i tried replacing ST with Viper Strike, dps went from 1,3m to 5,1m. I guess that is a solid choice to gem-swap for bossing aye ?

It seems to me that Pestilent Strike will be even stronger, there is only one but, DMG per stack will be much bigger on Viper Strike or Pestilent Strike but we will lose the number of posible stacks on, so everything will need to be calculated in PoB when the time comes, Pestilent Strike is generally very interesting to me, because maybe it is enough to spam it on one target and everything around will die from poison nova? :O
Last edited by loczek123 on Sep 5, 2019, 7:57:06 AM
I will really need a leveling guide for this one :)
I am very excited to play this build!
I hope it works fine for clear the atlas.
"
loczek123 wrote:

Yes, but as Assasin Cobra Lash gives us additional Crit and Multiplayer from crit, and it has more damage effectiveness, a lot of bosses also have minions in which the chain already changes a lot. As I wrote I will definitely try both skills and I will not stack on anything. But now Cobra Lash seems much better on full poison build, Venom Gyre will be good on hybrid build where hit means something, or on non crit poison build. With such a high Crit chance (On Special Trow PoB shows 78% Effective crit, Cobra Lash + Nightblade support will also give us some good percentage, plus full and low life options from Ambush and Assassinate ofcourse)

Good point, I'll definitely be trying both myself too.
By the way, you think full / low life option is better than the +1 charges one?
Last edited by thrackstar on Sep 5, 2019, 8:14:36 AM
Thank you loczek123 for putting this together, really helps when you do not have the spare time to research everything by yourself! :)

Gonna start as cobra lash as well, haven't been running poison since double dipping nerf. I really look forward to it and also to see your leveling trees in PoB.

As for the debate of claw vs dagger, I've seen some people make the point that daggers (i.e Taproot) with proper dagger nodes get more crit and therefore scales the poison higher when put into PoB... Aside from the claws implicit LGOH, what else would you say is better with claws compared to daggers?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info