[3.8] Assassin Poisonator | Cobra Lash / Venom Gyre | All Content | Uber Elder Video |

"
Why Malevolence and not Despair?

Despair is super when it comes to DPS for regular content but as it curse loses a lot on bosses where this damage is most needed. I wrote that I am also considering the option of using Curse Aura instead of Malevolence, but personally in Poison build I value the increased duration which gives us Temporal Chains well and it is also a defensive curse. In general, maybe Malevolence will also be boosted.
On endgame you can use Impresence for Despair or Solstice Vigil for Chains and thanks to that you have free Curse Aura + Malevolence, which will probably be the best option but I don't think about it because these amulets are rather a late game option.

"
Perfect Agony has been changed significantly, and as a result, so have Ailments from Critical Strikes. Previously, Ailments from Critical Strikes dealt 50% more damage by default, similar to unmodified critical hit damage. The only way to modify this value was to take Perfect Agony. Now, Ailments from Critical Strikes have +50% to Damage over Time multiplier by default, which will be additive with Damage over Time multipliers from other sources.

Now Perfect Agony lets Critical Strike Multiplier also apply to Ailment Damage over Time Multiplier from Critical Strikes at 50% of their value, which is more potent than the previous value of 30%. This means that investing in Critical Multiplier is more rewarding for Ailment builds, unless you've already invested heavily in other sources of Damage over Time Multiplier. The intent of this change is to allow Critical Poison builds to have more potential for damage growth and make the keystone a worthwhile investment for any critical bleed or ignite build.

It seems that crit will be a nice addition but it will not be a core for strict poison build because other options from the tree give us more than crit multi, of course it's just speculation.

"
We've also rebalanced some supports that affect Damage over Time, like the Unbound Ailments Support, Poison Support and the Vicious Projectiles Support.

Interesting, we are waiting for the patch note and gems :)
That's almost the same build which i had in my mind, so good for me to have some support in doing it :D

I wonder how much Perfect Agony will help in pushing dmg numbers, beacuse if crit helps boosting this numbers up, it might be worth to put some crit stats somewhere in gear or tree. But for now it seems like we need all stats with poison,dot and chaos dmg.

Multistrike at this moments is our biggest question to make this build fast as hell.
"
AtGoddd wrote:
That's almost the same build which i had in my mind, so good for me to have some support in doing it :D

I wonder how much Perfect Agony will help in pushing dmg numbers, beacuse if crit helps boosting this numbers up, it might be worth to put some crit stats somewhere in gear or tree. But for now it seems like we need all stats with poison,dot and chaos dmg.

Multistrike at this moments is our biggest question to make this build fast as hell.

Perfect Agony will be rather must be, it will help add some numbers, the more that we play Assasin and Crit, probably the nodes in which Crit is and something else under us will be cool but I doubt that you can focus on crit multi.

We will see how the tree will look like. Because the question of Dagger or Claw will still remain, personally I think that Claw will be better, LgoH in such a build will be a big deal.

Tonight there will be a patch note and tree skills. PoB will probably appear after a few days so for now you will have to use your intuition (although from experience I know that the calculation of Bleed or Poison in PoB is not very real).
I'm planning a similar build to this one for league start and endgame but instead of cobra lash i'm going to use venom gyre for 6L. For one 4L CWDT setup i'm putting withering step and immortal call there. Plague bearer on a 4link with increased area supports, empower and someting... And of course some aura for last 4L. I could share it when the pob gets its update for new stuff.
"
I'm planning a similar build to this one for league start and endgame but instead of cobra lash i'm going to use venom gyre for 6L.

I don't know yet which skill I will use, it all depends which will have better possibilities for stacking poison, Damage effectiveness is also important. At first impression it seems to me that Cobra Lash will be a bit better but in the end such things will be known only after testing all the possibilities of these skills in game and PoB. :)

"
Plague bearer on a 4link with increased area supports, empower and someting...

This banner seems average to me, though who knows :)
Last edited by loczek123 on Sep 3, 2019, 1:50:59 PM
"
loczek123 wrote:
"
I think Cobra Lash will be like spectral throw so multi strike will not be support this, but im sure lmp or gmp will be great chose for farming maps.

it may be, although it was a shame mulstistrike looks wonderful here. More Projectile in this case is not only on maps, but for a single target also, more projectile will hit the target, target will have more poison stacks which will be our main damage source.
The largest amount of poison stacks in the shortest possible time is the build motto :)

LMP and GMP porjectiles cant shotgun. So lmp or gmp would not cause more hits to a single target.
"
LMP and GMP porjectiles cant shotgun. So lmp or gmp would not cause more hits to a single target.

Each projectile gives a separate hit which gives a separate Poison stack. That's how it always worked. Therefore, in such a build, the most important is the largest amount of projectile in the least amount of time, thanks to which we achieve the highest number of poison stacks.
Last edited by loczek123 on Sep 3, 2019, 2:45:03 PM
If you are starting a Shadow you will get something like 150% life from the tree, so putting on lots of dodge and spell dodge (Atziri's Step, Acro and Phase Acro maybe, Elusive) will be quite valuable I imagine. Will monitor this thread, hope the Venom Gyre, Cobra Lash, Nightblade, Plague Bearer and Withering Step gems have good numbers.
Last edited by Kastanj on Sep 3, 2019, 6:47:29 PM
hey.
cobra lash is skill that chains. how it will work at endgame if boss area have only 1 mob? I mean will it chain second time in boss? If not seems like this skill is more cleaning skill (in 4 link for example) and we must think about boss-killer skill?
Or i missing something?
"
ermikoN wrote:
hey.
cobra lash is skill that chains. how it will work at endgame if boss area have only 1 mob? I mean will it chain second time in boss? If not seems like this skill is more cleaning skill (in 4 link for example) and we must think about boss-killer skill?
Or i missing something?

One projectile will give us one poison stack, there is no need to chain if there is one target, as I wrote earlier, it may turn out that we will use Venom Gyre. It is also not known how useful Prestilent Strike will be, maybe this skill will be doing a job. Today we will get lvl 20 games, although we will have to wait and test in game for the final result.

I will definitely test every option and I do not close myself to one skill in advance, my goal is to play full poison, what skill will be best for it, i cant know it yet.
Last edited by loczek123 on Sep 4, 2019, 3:51:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info