[3.8] 🔥🔥🔥 Burning Army🔥🔥🔥 Ice / Carrion Golems, Infernal Legion -support, Specters, Animate Guardian

Hos the build going?

Im only playing casually but im lvl 45 or so and i was struggling until i added infernal legions and feeding frenzy to skeletons. I was also lucky enough to find a +2 minion gem unique helmet. Breezing through content. Also carrion golem is freaking awesome.

Im not sure if infernal legions is gonna be viable with zombies unless you can counter the degen and im not sure how much investment thatvis going to take.

So on my side im going to focus on my skelly/infernal legion/minion instability.

Im looking for those gloves now ;)

Sorry im writing on my phone so some details are vague. Ill have a look at your tree later. I am following a spectre damage build right now with a few tweaks, when i get higher level and some of the fire res uniques ill look at trying full zombie/infernal legion. Till then pop corn skellies ;)
How about bandits? kill all?
"
santaclauze wrote:
Hos the build going?

Im only playing casually but im lvl 45 or so and i was struggling until i added infernal legions and feeding frenzy to skeletons. I was also lucky enough to find a +2 minion gem unique helmet. Breezing through content. Also carrion golem is freaking awesome.

Im not sure if infernal legions is gonna be viable with zombies unless you can counter the degen and im not sure how much investment thatvis going to take.

So on my side im going to focus on my skelly/infernal legion/minion instability.

Im looking for those gloves now ;)

Sorry im writing on my phone so some details are vague. Ill have a look at your tree later. I am following a spectre damage build right now with a few tweaks, when i get higher level and some of the fire res uniques ill look at trying full zombie/infernal legion. Till then pop corn skellies ;)

Hello :)

I have been tinkering with the build in standard today. Not sure yet if Infernal Legion is worth a slot, as the damage seems quite low at delve level 300+.

However I have been focusing more on the phys -> fire conversion and the results are very promising. I get extremely fast boss kill times and minions can clear very fast.

I added video at the end of the post about the W.I.P setup of the build in Shaper fight. The fight was over pretty fast ;)

"
poepaj wrote:
How about bandits? kill all?

Hey :)

Yep, kill all for extra nodes. I will add this to the guide tomorrow after I get some sleep. Must have forgotten it in all the update hassle.

UPDATE

VIDEO ABOUT SHAPER FIGHT WITH W.I.P SETUP OF THE BUILD

https://youtu.be/uHjk15ZjvYE?t=72

Added video about Shaper boss fight with W.I.P setup of the build. Damage is already more than plenty, but I have to to still fine tune the gear and skills. Hope this gives ideas for anyone interested in physical to elemental conversion builds.

Ice Golems can now actually run physical and elemental reflection maps without instantly killing themselves. I have not really noticed any HP drops in reflection maps and not lost any Golems or other minions in Delve 300+ or t16+ maps.

Some of the gear is legacy or became legacy after 3.8.0 but you can expect about similar DPS in league.

Path of Building

https://pastebin.com/diJ0s8JX

PS.

Just had brief in-game conversation about the build with a very nice fella from you readers :)

Pure physical Ice Golems can still reach higher DPS at the moment compared to the Conversion ones. However this comes at the cost of not being stun immune (Elementalist with Primordial Chain), Golems are unable to kill physical reflect enemies and not being able to use Necromancers defensive utility Ascendancies.

I will be pushing the DPS higher with conversion setup, but it can take a while.

Right now I have Enhance in my curses compared to Aspect of Spider, and this lowers my DPS against bosses significantly as bosses have huge curse effect reduction. I need some item with Aspect of Spider and I can't use my Elementalist gloves, so I will have to look for ring of belt with the line or craft it myself.

I also can't confirm which supports to use with Ice Golems, as PoB is still not updated. I have to simulate the change by using Heavy strike with Brainrattler + Phys to lightning for 100% phys to lightning conversion and link supports to Heavy strike to see which adds most DPS. Minion damage and Empower don't work this way.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 8, 2019, 5:40:24 AM
Anyone that has actually run this in league with carrion golems?
I'm using carrion golems but i havent added the infernal support yet.

Question on the 3 link
Winter Orb → Cast while Channeling → Flesh Offering

Adding this to clayshaper is summoning the stone golem (unsummons the carrion). better to put in offhand?
Last edited by misterfob on Sep 8, 2019, 10:27:59 PM
hey dude.

really nice idea and nice guide, would be insane if it works.

but i think most of the guys here aren't interested in ice golems. they want the carrion infernal ones ;)

unless there are many ice golems builds out there. but its kinda boring and oldschool :)

for my part i hope u getting more in carrion and infernal

regards
"
Sudo22 wrote:
hey dude.

but i think most of the guys here aren't interested in ice golems. they want the carrion infernal ones ;)

unless there are many ice golems builds out there. but its kinda boring and oldschool :)

regards

:) agreed. if you can even get the limitations of infernal w/ carrion and # of harmony/rise of pheonix required, that'd be super helpful

wish i could do more to test but I can't quite convert over yet because the jewels are pretty pricey and i'm not a rich player so it'll be a slow ramp to get the jewels needed. I'm fearing that at least a couple of primordial harmony are needed to sustain the life regen?

that said, converting over to the new glove and the fire spectres/EE is feeling fine for now. I'm on a 5L and up to yellow maps. I can't build out the AG because those are expensive too. If it helps, from my experience it's going fine and I'm only limited by natural progression/currency.
"
Elratha wrote:
Anyone that has actually run this in league with carrion golems?

Hello :)

I have not tried Carrion Golems myself yet, but they could work with similar links and gear. Maybe focus on adding more zombies to the build could cap their damage bonus.

"
I'm using carrion golems but i havent added the infernal support yet.

Question on the 3 link
Winter Orb → Cast while Channeling → Flesh Offering

Adding this to clayshaper is summoning the stone golem (unsummons the carrion). better to put in offhand?

Hi :)

Golems can already run the Infernal Support without any added fire res or extra regen. I leveled Infernal Support to i think level 19, but the damage felt really weak at least compared to Ice Golems insta-shotting damage.

Yep, it's much better to switch main <-> offhand links, thanks for the tip! I fixed them in the PoB.

"
hey dude.

regards

"
:) agreed. if you can even get the limitations of infernal w/ carrion and # of harmony/rise of pheonix required, that'd be super helpful

wish i could do more to test but I can't quite convert over yet because the jewels are pretty pricey and i'm not a rich player so it'll be a slow ramp to get the jewels needed. I'm fearing that at least a couple of primordial harmony are needed to sustain the life regen?

that said, converting over to the new glove and the fire spectres/EE is feeling fine for now. I'm on a 5L and up to yellow maps. I can't build out the AG because those are expensive too. If it helps, from my experience it's going fine and I'm only limited by natural progression/currency.

Hi :)

Carrion Golems seem fun, but require most likely army of zombies with them. I can try to cook something with PoB, once I get all tests done with Ice Golems.

Golems can easily run Infernal Legion already thanks to PoB. Zombies would require lot more regen and overcapped resistances, but could be doable.

I will level Carrion Golems and will test them sometime soon. I'm also broke in standard, so have to level my own gems and craft what I can. I'm starting the tests with Ice Golems as they are really, really effective at what they do.

Good to hear that leveling is progressing smoothly ^^

UPDATE

BURNING ARMY - SECOND SHAPER RUN

https://youtu.be/s5IOUM2M-So?t=63

My PoB from the video :

https://pastebin.com/51yRju5n

PoB got updated and shows somewhat more relevant info now. I managed to simulate the gloves that are still missing by adding "100% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage" to Vics Charity, which is then transferred to Minion by Necromantic Aegis. Now it's lot easier to test support gems for Ice Golems and other physical minions, as PoB can calculate the DPS increase with converted damage.

I got about 600k Shaper DPS per Golems on second video, but strangely it didn't feel that much. When I compare DPS to first video, it seems to be higher on the first one even if PoB gives much higher DPS on the second one. It could be for few reasons :

1) Damage needs to ramp up

All the debuffs need some time to to start get going. Tukohamas need max stack for exposure and Animate Guardian needs to Ignite the enemy. As can be seen from the video, once the debuffs ramp up bosses die very fast.

2) Shaper has annoying amount of immortality phases

Once the damage and debuffs ramp up, Shaper goes immediately for immortality phase. This is good sign in that damage is plenty, but also bad for seeing the real maximum damage. I'm not sure which boss is best target to test the build on.

3) Something is not working as it should be

There might be error somewhere in the theory, gear, gems or tree which prevent DPS to reach maximum potential. At least cooking the build should be easier once PoB updates again and we get new gloves as actual item.

I feel the Conc Effect might have to do something with this also, but I'm not sure how or why it could drop DPS on second video.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 9, 2019, 7:08:51 PM
Based on your experience which composition would you recommend between this [3.8] Burning Army - Ice or the [3.8] Flame Golem 101 ?? (Many times they give me survival problems the build of pets but I love them) I would appreciate your advice, I am a rookie player.

Greetings and thanks for your guides
It may be caused by infernal legion proc'ing only once? That's the annoying part of this gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info