[3.11]QUEEN OF NECROMANCY - STRONGEST ZOMBIES EVER? 55M+ DPS 7K+ LIFE MAX BLOCK 90% CHAOS RES

"
Qlidascope wrote:
"
Edeka wrote:
How do you guys handle Legion? What I mean is killing all mobs in an encounter before the timer runs out?

This build isn't one of those that will full clear it, i always go to the backlines and free all the good stuff that matters.

Unless it got nerfed, Vaal coldsnap should clear everything.
"

Let us know if the explode works, i am very interested in this mechanic.

Is there a cheap way to test this? I think the explosion mod is also available on chest pieces, not sure if its on any 1c uniques.
"
eattherich92 wrote:
Which awakened gem should we go for first?

Well since they range in cost from ~115c - 50+ ex, I’d start with the cheaper ones but only after the rest of your gear is sorted. Do not grab an Awakened Minion Damage unless cost is no object. It’s a very minor upgrade due to gem level scaling.
What kind of blighted maps do i want to be running with this, open area or corridor type ones?
"
Aldonés wrote:
"
eattherich92 wrote:
Which awakened gem should we go for first?

Well since they range in cost from ~115c - 50+ ex, I’d start with the cheaper ones but only after the rest of your gear is sorted. Do not grab an Awakened Minion Damage unless cost is no object. It’s a very minor upgrade due to gem level scaling.

Is awakened cast while channeling worth it? A. multistrike is out my budget and I was lucky enough to find A. melee phys dmg.
Last edited by LegendaryMewtwo on Jan 13, 2020, 11:45:12 AM
"
Is awakened cast while channeling worth it? A. multistrike is out my budget and I was lucky enough to find A. melee phys dmg.

I very much think so. They’re cheap for Awakened gems and provide very nice utility. You’ll trigger the SO ES recovery ~17% more often. It’s completely defensive though. I would recommend Awakened Generosity first, but I see you aren’t even using a Banner, so that’s out the window.
I’m not sure why I’m even bothering with this. I stopped Metamorph and went to Standard for 3.9 in order to see the bosses. Once I kill Sirius I’ll probably take a break mostly. I’m really not playing much as is this league. I don’t know what all skill gems other people are using, but this is my budget suggestion. Note that with my legacy gear I don’t actually intend to follow this myself, but it’s what I intend to do if I resurrect my Metamorph Necro. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Gems
Weapon
- Raise Zombie
- Meat Shield
- Multistrike (Awakened)
- Minion Damage or Awakened Melee Phys
- Impale
- Empower

Body Armour
- Cyclone
- Cast While Channeling (Awakened)
- Desecrate
- Spirit Offering
- Fortify
- Infused Channeling

Helm
- Raise Spectre
- Animate Guardian
- Minion Life
- Blood Magic

Gloves / Boots
- Chaos Golem
- Feeding Frenzy
- Flesh & Stone
- Maim

Gloves / Boots
- Dread Banner
- Generosity (Awakened)
- Pride
- Flame Dash

Rings (optional)
- Convocation
- Vaal Molten Shell
- Enduring Cry
- Clarity (only with Watcher’s Eye mod)

In order to run all the auras you need a minimum of 14% reduced mana res between gear and tree (will reserve 99% mana, so you will probably want 1-2 points more). There is no Enlightened.
"
Qlidascope wrote:
"
Aldonés wrote:
@ Sentinel666
"
Sentinel666 wrote:
Hello there, I've noticed on path of building that decreasing the enemy physical damage reduction doesn't increase the dps of our zombies, instead increasing that stat works to lower it. So I thought that the helmet with Nearby Enemies take 9% increased Physical Damage wouldn't work. I also tried to increase the physical damage reduction to map modifiers and in that case the amout of damage that our zombies deal improves. So I thought that we cannot penetrate the physical resistance of mobs and that the fossil helmet only works in those conditions. Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm doing something wrong with path of building but in that case wouldn't leer cast be better?

It will serve you much better if you learn how mechanics work rather than relying on PoB to be correct. Openarl always had difficulty keeping up with PoE's progression, and once he got hired by GGG PoB started becoming outdated fast. In short, there are several areas where PoB will calculate incorrect information.

There is only one form of physical damage reduction I know of, and that is the new to 3.9 mod "#% to Total Physical Damage Reduction." This mod will negate mitigation from armour, but it will never drop into the negatives.

The delve helm mod is "Enemies Take #% Increased Physical Damage" and will stack with all other sources of enemies taking increased damage (Maim, F&S, Shock, etc).

PoB does have an area where you can manually input an enemy's physical damage reduction. Generally speaking I input a negative here to calculate for impale damage. It's not perfect, but it's better than any other solution I know of.
@ Qlidascope
"
Qlidascope wrote:
Okay so i've been playing around with the setup using a elegant hubris. I rolled one today with 320% increased minion damage with room to roll an even stronger one. It is possible to get 1500 strength even when running the elegant hubris, however it requires GG strength stacking. I push the zombies to deal 1396k dps from 1036k, which is a 27,4% more damage resulting in around 35,5m Awakener damage with 17 zombies and GG gear. The downside of this does come in the form of ~350 life lost, however this is possibly regained from using a pair of well rolled hunter boots. The missing skillpoints allocated in the PoB is from the price of glory, find the pastebin below.

https://pastebin.com/Lay5AMHa

Its gonna be hard to get, however it doesn't require us to run eyes of the greatwolf, which is a plus, however the crafted amulet is quite hard to hit either way, maybe we can get by hitting a few lesser strength mods all around.

Furthermore the elegant hubris has the possiblity to grant an endurance chage every second if hit recently, and since we're in there alot this should be quite viable. The chaos resistance is also quite interesting as it could make us push chaos resist cap with the watchers eye.

Also i spent about 80 divines rolling the jewel i'd say, maybe abit less

That's very interesting. Since we can only equip 1 Timeless Jewel, I'd honestly keep both in the guide and let the user decide which one to get. They both have their pros and cons. My 3.8 Lethal Pride net me 233 strength, and I'd consider 100 - 400 to be a reasonable range based on how good the rolls are.

233 Strength gives me
- 330 life
- 895 ES (slightly higher than others would get due to some mana ES scaling)
- 23.3 increased minion damage

A better rolled Lethal Pride would give a solid 1 full Zombie.

The Elegant Hubris seems very viable, and quite frankly I think it would be preferential to a Lethal Pride. Nonetheless, it seems prudent to leave both optional, notating that the Lethal Pride is more defensive and may yield an additional Zombie; Elegant Hubris provides stronger offensive options.

Lethal Pride
- 2-4 strength per small node
- 5% increased strength
- 20 strength
- 4% life
- 20% increased armour
- 10% increased effect of Fortify
- 20% fire resistance
- 10% reduced extra damage taken from crits
- 10% chance to Intimidate on hit

Elegant Hubris
- 80% increased minion damage
- 80% increased minion max life
- 8% increased armour per Endurance Charge
- 4% increased ES per Power Charge
- 50% chance to avoid being shocked
- 8% attack block
- 8% spell block
- 6% attack dodge
- 6% spell dodge
- 80% increased armour
- 50% increased lighting res
- 37% increased chaos res
- 30% increased mana
- 20% increased flask effect duration

It's also worth noting that Lethal Pride only has 25 possible rolls. Elegant Hubris has 45 possible. Unless there are difference in weights, that makes Lethal Pride much easier to roll.

One point i wanna put out there is that theres 9 2 point nodes for the elegant hubris using my tree, which means that we can in theory get some absolute bonkers stats with a elegant hubris with very little investment, whereas the lethal pride really demands good nodes before it makes it worth speccing into.

what is the best place of the Elegant Hubris route? same place as lethal pride?
"
Qlidascope wrote:
"
Sorry if there is an obvious answer to this question but I'm not seeing it. When I switch my Mon'tregul's Grasp for a 5L Femur, it feels like my DPS goes down. My femur is almost max roll. When I switch to the 5L Femur I take all gems in my chest and move it over to the weapon (except for Empower). Could someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong. This is the current gear I'm using.

What you're experiencing should be right, since you have +1 to all gems on the chest and only +2 to minion gems on the staff. The skin grants alot of offenses for now and you won't see much difference unless you change your body armour aswell.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Qlida. Should I upgrade my chest piece next and get Aspect of the Avian on a ring before changing my weapon to a 5L femur? I already have a lethal pride with 15% strength in the slot near Cruel Preparation at the top of tree and a efficient training jewel. Just don't want to waste currency on lateral upgrades that don't progress my character.
"
caladblog wrote:
what is the best place of the Elegant Hubris route? same place as lethal pride?

Lethal Pride is usually in the slot between Devotion / Faith and Steel, but that's because we naturally take the most notables there. I assume Elegant Hubris is the same way. The bonus mods are completely random though, so you want to check it at multiple locations. With good enough mod rolls, I could even see it substituting Lethal Pride in the slot directly north from the Witch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info