Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.11]QUEEN OF NECROMANCY - STRONGEST ZOMBIES EVER? 55M+ DPS 7K+ LIFE MAX BLOCK 90% CHAOS RES

"
Manavz91 wrote:

Wouldn't kingmaker on the guardian already give fort?

Yeah it does, but having a backup source isn't horrible... and you would craft that weapon mainly for the 20% more damage a lvl 1 fort gem gives the zombies.
Update the weapon for 3.9 please. You can no longer use maim
"
BloodyHawl wrote:
I have seen a lot of fear regards the Awakener fight and after my fight (at awakening level 4) with him i can report this:

my spectres didnt die, not one time. my zombies didnt die, not once. out of fear i removed my animated guardian, but it would have survied too. i died multiple times because i didnt have any clue what do to during the immortal phases where the big degen areas appear (now i do haha). so in regards to survibabilty the zombie build is still one of the best builds available.

in terms of damage i cannot tell honestly. i am playing in standard, so the defense is nearly (or is) the same. the offense on the other hand with legend 2h mauls and zombie jewels is not comparable. my estimation is, that the zombie build will still be able to kill the awakener without any problems. it might take a bit longer, but as my life didnt really moved (as long as i didnt fucked up the immortal phase) and my minions didnt get any damage, it doesnt really matter if it takes 4 minutes or 6 minutes.

so dont be scared to play a minion build this league, especially qlida's zombiemancer. it is absolutly viable and a lot of fun. additionally u can do a lot of bullshit and fuck up a dozen times during the encounters and u still dont die. enjoy your time :)

BIIIIIG info right here dude, any chance you can give mechanical tips? Going for it in SSFHC so any tips would be great :D
"
Breken wrote:
"
Why not just go serrated and bound for fossils. +1 to our gems might be slightly better, but serrated gives +20% more damage at a 2000 weight. You’re looking at 4c for a serrated vs 2 ex for a faceted, and it will pop up more often.

Also, anyone know if you craft “...cannot be changed” and then reroll, does it still roll over the craft and mods? I’m guessing yes, but I have no intention breaking the bank to craft a weapon.

Ohh, good call. I may be going that route on a bow.

Another option is the "Supported by lvl 1 fortify" that I see popping up on 2 handed elder melee weapons as a prefix. That's free fortify for Zombies (nice since they have lower HP) and a 20% more modifier. Harder to alt-spam craft that since that mod and +1 gems are both prefixes.

Using that something like this should be possible under 10ex.

Prefix - Supported by lvl 1 fortify
Prefix - +1 gems
Prefix - +2 support Gems (crafted)
Suffix - multimod (Crafted)
suffix - Minion attack speed (crafted)
Suffix - (Up for debate) - Best I see would be a redeemer ex slam for Increased movement speed. Or maybe a warlord ex slam for chance to maim on hit (for cyclone)

How does one get fortify on a bow?
corrupted seven level 20 gems and not one level 21
WTF -.-
"
Qlidascope wrote:

You don't. I was talking about two different things.

Unless you are going for broke for the Faceted Fossil bow, I'm thinking endgame weapon will be one of the two below.

(Fossil crafted Serrated/bow)
Prefix +1 gems
Prefix +20% more attack damage (serrated fossil mod)
Prefix +2 to support gems (crafted)
Suffix Multimod (crafted)
Suffix Minion Attack speed (Crafted)
Suffix (Exalted slam.. best choice IMO is slam with a Redemer ex for movement speed)

You could also sub in bound fossils instead of Serrated to get up to 130% minion damage. Not sure if that will be better or worse than 20% more.

Using the bow allow the use of a nice quiver.
Life
resistances
Up to 30% minion speed (bound fossil)
Crafted +30 str
Etc... lots of choices here
-----

As for the two-handed melee weapon.... It would look close to the same
Prefix - +1 gems
Prefix - +2 to support gems (crafted)
Suffix - Multimod (crafted)
Suffix - Minion attack speed.

Supported by lvl 1 fortify is only available on elder melee weapons as a prefix. Crafting one of those would look VERY similar to the bow above, just without the fossil crafting. You would gain the ability to use leap slam, but lose out on the quiver bonuses.
The Two-hander option works out to be about as good (dps wise) as the bow, so I'm thinking the bow is your best option.

Need to figure out if ~110% minion damage is better or worse than 20% more.

----------------------
TLDR
Looks like best weapon option for most people is a fossil crafted +1 gems multimod bow with either minion damage (bound fossil) or 20% more attack damage (serrated fossil)

Best option for the truly rich will be faceted fossil crafted +1 gems/+1 str/int gem multimod bow.

For people who just don't like bows. You can do a two-handed MELEE weapon (swords/axes/mace) with +1 gem and supported by lvl 1 fortify prefixes
-------
Edit: I just ran some numbers through POB, 20% more vs 110-130 minion damage and they are always within 2-5% of each other, with the edge in my config going to increased minion damage mod. The expensive Facet fossil bow adds another 10% more damage on top of the other options. Funny enough that bow gets within 2% or 3% of the previous leagues Maim mace.

***IMPORTANT*** Edit 2: It was just pointed out to me that you can't Cyclone with a bow (totally spaced that) SO if you want to do the Cyclone build, you'll want to try to get a two-handed melee option. Note that nothing else really changes here. The bow crafting can be done on a melee weapon. You'll just obviously not be able to use a quiver.
Last edited by Breken on Dec 16, 2019, 6:26:36 PM
"
Breken wrote:
"
Qlidascope wrote:

You don't. I was talking about two different things.

Unless you are going for broke for the Faceted Fossil bow, I'm thinking endgame weapon will be one of the two below.

(Fossil crafted Serrated/bow)
Prefix +1 gems
Prefix +20% more attack damage (serrated fossil mod)
Prefix +2 to support gems (crafted)
Suffix Multimod (crafted)
Suffix Minion Attack speed (Crafted)
Suffix (Exalted slam.. best choice IMO is slam with a Redemer ex for movement speed)

You could also sub in bound fossils instead of Serrated to get up to 130% minion damage. Not sure if that will be better or worse than 20% more.

Using the bow allow the use of a nice quiver.
Life
resistances
Up to 30% minion speed (bound fossil)
Crafted +30 str
Etc... lots of choices here
-----

As for the two-handed melee weapon.... It would look close to the same
Prefix - +1 gems
Prefix - +2 to support gems (crafted)
Suffix - Multimod (crafted)
Suffix - Minion attack speed.

Supported by lvl 1 fortify is only available on elder melee weapons as a prefix. Crafting one of those would look VERY similar to the bow above, just without the fossil crafting. You would gain the ability to use leap slam, but lose out on the quiver bonuses.
The Two-hander option works out to be about as good (dps wise) as the bow, so I'm thinking the bow is your best option.

Need to figure out if ~110% minion damage is better or worse than 20% more.

----------------------
TLDR
Looks like best weapon option for most people is a fossil crafted +1 gems multimod bow with either minion damage (bound fossil) or 20% more attack damage (serrated fossil)

Best option for the truly rich will be faceted fossil crafted +1 gems/+1 str/int gem multimod bow.

For people who just don't like bows. You can do a two-handed MELEE weapon (swords/axes/mace) with +1 gem and supported by lvl 1 fortify prefixes
-------
Edit: I just ran some numbers through POB, 20% more vs 110-130 minion damage and they are always within 2-5% of each other, with the edge in my config going to increased minion damage mod. The expensive Facet fossil bow adds another 10% more damage on top of the other options. Funny enough that bow gets within 2% or 3% of the previous leagues Maim mace.

In regards to the bow, is there any specific base? Or just the movement speed one?
"
Manavz91 wrote:

In regards to the bow, is there any specific base? Or just the movement speed one?

I'd go with the reflex bow over the Maraketh.. simply because 222 dex vs 124. But yeah, no influence required.

Note that I had previously overlooked the fact that you can't use Cyclone with bows. So if you are planning to use cast while channeling, you'll want to avoid bows.
"
Qlidascope wrote:
BIIIIIG info right here dude, any chance you can give mechanical tips? Going for it in SSFHC so any tips would be great :D

Hey Qlidascope!

The Awakener has two phases. In the beginning of the fight he stands up from his throne to fight you. the whole area is covered with round "whirlstorm", huge patches of degen damage, which you avoid at all cost! even a second in them can be your death.

in this phase you can damage him. he does A LOT of flashy aoe damage, but if you are good equipt and use your "spirit offering - cyclone - etc." setup your life should not move in any way. my zombies, spectres and even my chaos golem which doesnt has any links survived this phase. they didnt even took damage.

After that he will go to his throne again, sit up and fly in the air. he surrends himself with a HUGE black/red aoe whirlstorm, which does insane damage and is immun to damage.(it looks to me as if the whirlwind got bigger and bigger the further i moved away from it, but here i can be wrong.)

Your job in this phase is to "lure" the boss out of the whirlstorm and make him consequently attackable again. you do that by position yourself near the whirlstorm (where he is in), avoid the spells/projectiles from the boss and wait for him as he slowly moves towards you. try to stay in direction to the middle of the map, so that u have the most space to navigate/avoid dmg. this is extremly tricky for you. your minions wont die instantly, in fact my zombies could stand quit a while in the whirlwind, but sooner or later they will die if they stay in the AoE. you have to balance between stay away from boss so that your minions dont run blindly in the wirlwind and stay near enough so that the boss moves out of the whirlwind towards you.

After that he isn't immun to dmg anymore and can be attacked again.

-------------

My problem is: i died a few times. i didnt have any clue what was going on and pieced after the fight everything together and talk with a few others. in non-hc the fight gets trivialized by ... just dieing. then the boss is out of the whirlstorm and can be attacked without a problem. in hardcore you dont have the luxus. you have to balance between "be near enough to lure him out" and "far enough away, so that your minions dont run blindly into the whirlwinds". they wont die instantly, far away from it, but they will die sooner or later if u dont move them out.

Therefor it might be necessary in hardcore to have spare mana and be able to resummon the zombies again (when the boss is out of the storm). Another option might be playing without "Feeding Frenzy" and observe befor the fight in a map or so how they react to bosses and if u move away from them. if they are easier to navigate/handle without feeding frenzy, it is maybe an option to play without. this might be an option for all who want to do the boss in hardcore.

-------------

I only have done the boss two times. i guess over the next days a lot of new input will be available :)

p.s. i will send your this post per pm too. dont know if u will read this. dont even know if it is any help haha
Last edited by BloodyHawl on Dec 16, 2019, 6:43:55 PM
Sorry if I missed this, but what are your thoughts on grabbing the Golem Commander node, which is a 5 skill point investment? Right now I'm enjoying having both a Chaos and Carrion Golem out.

Is it worth skimping out on life/defensive nodes for an extra golem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info