[3.10] Qlida's LEAGUE STARTER FRIENDLY! Zombiemancer 14 zombies, 50M+ Awakener DPS 8K+Hp

Do you like flesh, blood, and carnage? If that is the case, then you have found the rightful place exile. Welcome to my guide on how to achieve it!
Have a little taste of whats to come.

Like it? I do.

I've been working on perfecting The baron summoner throughout a few leagues and made it my first character to 100, killed my first SSFHC uber elder, And you know what Exile? I think we did it. Let me take your hand and show you what the madness consists of.

CHECK THE BUILD OUT LIVE!
I will be streaming 3.10 with this build, while theorycrafting it better throughout 3.10. If you like the build and want to tell me, or have critism or whatever you feel like sharing check in, i'll appreciate it a ton!

www.twitch.tv/Qlida

BOSS VIDEOS
Spoiler

3.9 BOSS KILLS
Spoiler

Awakener 8 Kill - Sorry for the super bad hairstyle :P
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/537304152
Setup used in the kill (still improving the character alot).
https://pastebin.com/duLRyvhq

3.9 Cortex kill!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnw3p3TtYTQ&feature=youtu.be
https://pastebin.com/Cc5rS3T0

3.9 140 Quantity minotaur map clear!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X09kSnxi9s&feature=youtu.be
https://pastebin.com/Cc5rS3T0

3.8 BOSS KILLS
Spoiler
Chaos convertion uber elder kill
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482629962
Setup used in the kill: https://pastebin.com/hDsgy3DQ

Chaos convertion with 3 zombies shaper kill
I was challenged to do shaper with 3 zombies for a sub, so i did it!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482635528

Same gear as the uberelder kill :D

700 Depth 200% extra damage, 33% movement, attack and cast speed Aul

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/493972422

SSFHC Skelly / Zombie kill
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/513765610

Setup used in the kill: https://pastebin.com/Ww7Kcy70

PROS & CONS OF THE BUILD
Spoiler

PROS :D

+Very high DPS. Zombies maxout on about ~50M+ Shaper Dps. note that this dps will not show in PoB as it only accounts for 1 zombies dps without multistrike multiplier.

+Very tanky (35k+ Ehp with Vaal molten shell & flasks up) and a 2% juicy life leech of zombie damage gives you some fat leeching.

+Runs all map mods endgame, 8 mod maps are just more fun!

+Hardcore viable.
Leveled it to 96+ Doing uber elder with it in SSFHC in 3.8 (kill in video spoiler)

Cons >:C

-Cannot run Halls of the grandmaster well.

-Minions fills alot on the screen and can be overwhelming for some players.

POE Planner of skill tree & Ascendency order

PASTEBIN for 3.10
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/Avq88HQr

NOTE: The pastebin uses a elegant hubris rolled with minion damage, so do not follow the exact skilltree around the jewel!

If you're new to builds in Path of Exile and Path of building with pastebins in general, i suggest that you check out this guide for it! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716360

Furthermore since Several mechanics are not up to date in the current edition of path of building, i suggest that you check out the local identity / Fork edition!
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/deon82/localidentitys_path_of_building_v141514_fork/

By using these you'll be allowed to see all the gears turn and how we actually end up with the DPS, Stats and so on that we do! Heck you'll even be able to change / improve the build!

BANDITS
Spoiler
Kill all, we need the skill points

LEVELING GUIDE

Spoiler
Had alot of requests for a leveling guide, so heres a basic leveling guide. First of all i wanna point out that skill points from quests aren't added very well into this short guide, so please do take it with a grain of salt. If you have more skill points left over, check out the next skill tree! I made this on short notice and its my first time doing it, so please don't be too harsh.

note! you should update your movement buffs such as Flame dash/leap slam/quicksilver flask and so on as you go! It would help you alot by having the skill links open part of the guide open, as you finish quests etc. so you know which skill gems to pick up.

Level 1-9
You will want to pick up Summon raging spirit as soon as you get it as a quest reward and link it with Infernal legion. You also want to be running Raise Zombie from the start, as their slam clear full packs. These will die early on, so just resummon once in a while.
Your first 9 skill points should be allocated something like this.
https://poeplanner.com/ABMAABkAEjMAAAnfsJLBjr4RLXyDi3ZWLjrpHggAAAAAAA==

Level 9-31
You will be wanting to pick up minion damage for your Summon raging spirit & Raise Zombie after killing brutus. Furthermore you'll want to pick up sacrifice early on as it helps your zombies to stay alive, and then move into retribution - Discipline & training - sancity and end out with gravepact. After this you want to pick up cruel preparation. You should also start leveling your raise spectre gem (aquired from killing General Gravicius). https://poeplanner.com/ABIAAEUAEjMAAB_fsJLBjr4RLSyc7Ipr27zqakN8g-vuMtFFR4hAKpiQM8BmBLOiAPAfaPKvbAth0_takah9aqxMswQHg9tVxgAAAAAA

Level 31-50
At level 31 you should link Feeding frenzy to one of your zombies, as this makes your zombies agressive. You can also start using your spectre links, however they still might die once in a while. (go to The The riverways in act 2 and enslave 2 Stygian Silverbacks). You can also desecrate them with the desecrate gem (gotten from The Root of the Problem act 2). You should also add either stone golem or chaos golem to a free socket once finishing breaking the seal. Other than that the ride should start to be smoother, your minions should be pretty decent clears. On the tree you want to be going for death attunement followed by all the way down to warriorsblood. You also want to pick up spiritual command for faster leap slams and quick recovery for life & mana regen.

https://poeplanner.com/ABIAAG0AEjMAADPfsJLBjr4RLSyc7Ipr27zqakN8g-vuMtFFR4hAKpiQM8BmBLOiAPAfaPKvbAth0_takah9aqxMswQHg9tVxqcIj0abocy8qsSFYE25xq6uPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfP5rgRZ1TUqasqqkAAAAAAA==

Level 50-71
At this point we want to start looking for some of the uniques used in the budget part of the build and spending some of the few chaos we got from leveling on this (especially baron). We also travel on the outer marauder part of the tree to get barbarism, Juggernaut into utmost might and soul of steel. We pick up devotion, righteous army, followed by redemption and faith & steel. We also At somepoint in these levels, most likely ~60 should do your next ascendency, picking up unnatural strength. Once you reach act 10 kitava go do your merciless ascendency getting bone barrier, as you should have about 10 minions in general by now. The skill tree should also match about a level ~68 with all quests quest done.

https://poeplanner.com/ABMAALsAEjMAAFrfsJLBjr4RLSyc7Ipr27zqakN8g-vuMtFFR4hAKpiQM8BmBLOiAPAfaPKvbAth0_takah9aqxMswQHg9tVxqcIj0abocy8qsSFYE25xq6uPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfP5rgRZ1TUqasqqnZfIIHdqzPfjpSY7tNrMJsvJ8YkfxLFE0B5xv6Jd-kGVnzGjiQVXIPZp63MYx2YvRxsjrGoOZncUqfpzDE9nKprKr3MuoY-OsUcQ48fNkAAAAAAA==

Level 71+
After killing Kitava you should farm the uniques used in the build while progressing through the atlas. A really good way to keep pushing maps while still leveling up is running a 5 linked femur of the saints as your zombie link, aswell as a 5 linked skeleton in your chest, using Vaal Summon skeleton - Minion damage - Feeding frenzy Multistrike - Melee physical damage and Melee splash on clear while having auras in boots utility in gloves and animate guardian & spectres in helm as intented. With the 2x 5L you should be able to push most content if not all, depending on your mechanical level. As for skill tree start picking up the jewel sockets accordingly to what you can afford. I.e. Nort witch socket for efficient training once you pick one up, and the lethal pride once you can afford one of those.

SKILL LINKS!
Spoiler

Main skill, our zombies! Note that this link goes into your weapon, cause the higher skill level gem you can get a hold of the better, as minions scale VERY good of skill gem levels! Also if you cannot afford a level 4 empower early on, and don't have the weapon, then swap empower 4 for Maim in a 6 link. If you only have a 5 link early on, drop the Maim.
NOTE! A level 2 empower is better than other skill gems in the mace, due to the mace effect on empower!

Raise zombie - Awakened Multistrike - Awakened melee physical damage - Awakened brutality - Empower 4 - Impale support

Aura Setup - Chestplate links.

Enlighten 4 - Purity of Elements - Pride - Flesh & Stone - Maim - Leap slam

Note!: The aura priority of the build is the following: Pride > Aspect of the Avian > Generosity - Dreadbanner > Flesh & Stone - maim > Purity of elements.
You can push Purity of elements up if you're lacking resistances instead of aspect / flesh and stone.

Note!: You will not be able to run all the auras run on my character, unless you get a well rolled saqawals nest, sovereignty cluster, a pair of +1 to socketed skill gems gloves aswell as 3 reduced mana jewels. Until you can get this, either skitter bots for dps loss, or purity if your resists can handle it and you don't have the watchers eye.

Spectre boys & Animate guardian - Helmet links

Raise spectre - Minion life -Blood magic - Animate guardian
Note! Remember to have this link in your Helmet, as it grants +2 to minion skill gems. We use blood magic, as it makes our spectre depend on lifepool rather than a small mana pool for spellcasts!

Cyclone setup - Boots links

Cyclone - Life gained on hit - Cast while channeling - Flesh offering
NOTE!: Getting boots with fortify, or dropping Life gain on hit early on would be recommended.

Banner & Golem - Gloves link
Carrion Golem - Feeding frenzy - Awakened generosity - Dread banner

Convocation - Unset ring 1

Convocation

Vaal molten shell - Unset ring 2

Vaal molten shell
This is a big defensive tool for the build. It makes us easily tank 8-mod legions, deep delve and what else you may wish to throw your army of zombies aganist.
Note!Remember to pop your granite flask before your you use it though! it also stacks with your bone armour skill picked up from bone barrier ascendency!

IMPALE VS. FLAT DMG By. Jlh <3

Values
War Banner (20-21 / 20)
- Enemies take 11-12% increased physical damage

Dread Banner (20-21 / 20)
- 20% chance to impale
- 19-20% increased effect of impale

Impale Support (20-24 / 20)
- 40% chance to impale
- 49-55% increased effect of impale
- 15-17% increased damage

Sources of Increased Effect of Banners
- Banner quality: 10-11%
- Devotion: 3%
- Sovereignty: 10-16%
- Champion of the Cause: 12%
- Generosity: 39-41%
- Enhance: 8-16%

Sources of Enemies Take Increased Damage
- Maim on Weapon: 14% physical (will scale higher if not a Shaper mod)
- Skitterbots: 20-24%
- War Banner: 11-12% physical
- Delve Helm: 9% physical

Resistances
- Shaper: 25% chaos
Comparing Banners
Aura increased effect values at 13%, 29%, 53%, 69%, 93%, 109%, 120%

War Banner
- L20 #% damage taken: 12%, 14%, 16%, 18%, 21%, 22%, 24%
- L21 #% damage taken: 13%, 15%, 18%, 20%, 23%, 25%, 26%

Dread Banner
- Chance: 22%, 25%, 30%, 33%, 38%, 41%, 44%
- L20 Effect: 21%, 24%, 29%, 32%, 36%, 39%, 41%
- L21 Effect: 22%, 25%, 30%, 33%, 38%, 41%, 44%
Impale or Not
No enchants, 20/20 Impale, 20/20 Dread Banner, 20/0 Maim 13% quality
= (.4 + .22) * .5(1 + .49 + .21) * 1.15 * 1.14
= ~.6909

No enchants, 20/0 Melee Phys, 20/20 War Banner, 20/0 Maim, 13% quality
= .49 * 1.26
= .6174

No enchants, 24/20 Impale, 21/20 Dread Banner, 109% quality
= (.4 + .41) * .5(1 + .55 + .41) * 1.17 * 1.14
= ~1.0588

No enchants, 24/0 Melee Phys, 21/20 War Banner, 109% quality
= .53 * 1.39
= .7367

With no enchants on both the low and high end, using Impale Support + Dread Banner is clearly better than Melee Phys + War Banner
Comparing Enchantments
Impale Enchant, 20/20 Impale, 20/20 Dread Banner, 20/0 Maim, 53% quality, 20/20 SO
= (.4 + .3) * .5(1 + .49 + .29) * 1.14 + .3 * .75
= ~.9352

SO Enchant, 20/20 Impale, 20/20 Dread Banner, 20/0 Maim, 13% quality, 20/20 SO
= (.4 + .22) * .5(1 + .49 + .21) * 1.14 + .42 * .75
= ~.9158

Impale Enchant, 24/20 Impale, 21/20 Dread Banner, 20/0 Maim, 120% quality, 21/20 SO
= (.4 + .44) * .5(1 + .55 + .44) * 1.14 + .3 * .75
= ~1.2232

SO Enchant, 24/20 Impale, 24/20 Dread Banner, 20/0 Maim, 109% quality, 21/20 SO
= (.4 + .41) * .5(1 + .55 + .41) * 1.14 + .42 * .75
= ~1.1968

In both the low and high end, Dread Banner lab enchant is better than SO lab enchant. In my previous calculations I forgot to factor in the chaos resistance of Shaper.
How Much #% Increased Effect of Non-Curse Auras
All formulas will show L24 or L21 gems.

13% - 0 passives, no Generosity
= (.4 + .22) * .5(1 + .55 + .22)
= .5487

29% - 3 passives, no Generosity
= (.4 + .25) * .5(1 + .55 + .25)
= .585

53% - 0 passives, Generosity or Lab Enchant
= (.4 + .3) * .5(1 + .55 + .3)
= .6475

69% - 3 passives, Generosity or Lab Enchant
= (.4 + .33) * .5(1 + .55 + .33)
= .6826

93% - 0 passives, Generosity, Lab Enchant
= (.4 + .38) * .5(1 + .55 + .38)
= .7527

109% - 3 passives, Generosity, Lab Enchant
= (.4 + .41) * .5(1 + .55 + .41)
= .7938

120% - 8 passives, Generosity, Lab Enchant
= (.4 + .44) * .5(1 + .55 + .44)
= .8358

Note: This is only accounting for the damage from Dread Banner and not how increased aura affects your other auras.

I will let you decide for yourself how best to go, but my recommendation is 3 passives and Generosity.

In summary, BiS is Dread Banner + Impale Support with the Lab enchant for Dread Banner. Linking Dread Banner to L21 Generosity provides the exact same benefit as the Lab enchant.

SPECTRES & GUARDIAN
Spoiler

First of all, lets go through how a spectre actually works in 3.8 and forward. Spectres now only rely on the spectre skillgem level and no longer on the base level of the monster enslaved. This means that 1. we do not need to resummon in our highest level zone after picking up the spectre base itself. 2. We can run a level 1 desecrate and no one will loose their mind! Spectres got alot easier to summon and manage in general.

How to summon spectres

A good tip for this is first going into your options -> UI -> Corpse targeting and set your option to "when key held A". After this you cast your desecrate spell once, hold your A key down and run your cursor over the spawned corpses. I must mention that the corpse targeting in the game is abit scuffed, so you may have to hover around the body rather than on top of it.

How to summon your animate guardian

You summon your animated guardian by dropping the desired items you want him to wear on the ground in a non-city/hideout zone. After this you find the animate guardian spell and simply press the spell while hovering over the item you dropped. Note that the only way the animate guardian will lose the items is by dying, so you can remove the skill gem from the sockets, or accidentally remove the item he is socketed in or similar without him losing the items, simply re-summon him after you're done.

IMPORTANT Do not use a level 1 skill gem to summon your geared animated guardian, as he will have like 2k Hp and WILL DIE So level your skillgem to about level 15 before summoning him.

Spectres

The spectre choices for the first 2 spectres isn't really debatable, as they grant massive amounts of DPS and quality of life.

First spectre: to get is a carnage chieftain - found in Act 7 the ashen fields. This spectre has the ability called "mass frenzy" which grants nearby allies a frenzy charge. This is a great ability and is linked with blood magic, so that the chieftain can spam it.

Second spectre: I prefer getting another carnage chieftain as it smoothens out the up time of max frenzy charges.

Third Spectre: Host chieftain, as we have smooth frenzy charges and power charges add a fair bit of dps to the zombies.

fourth Spectre: is gained when your gem level reaches 21 with unnatural strength and socketed in The Baron. This is up to you, however i prefer Diablolist, as it a casts a very strong enfeeble on enemies. These spawn in upper prison act 1.

In all, 2 carnage chieftains, 1 host chieftain and 1 Diablolist. Picked up in the order stated.

The animate guardian setup for endgame

Kingmaker Gives fortify in a decent radius that both affects you & your minions, culling strike and abit of critical strike multiplier. However we pick this us due to culling strike & the damage boost, NOT for fortify as it has a VERY small radius.
Jagged fossil helm Preferably a eternal burgonet with abit of life and resist aswell as the "nearby enemies take 9% increased physical damage" mod.
Victarios flight Simply because movement speed for you and nearby allies.
Gruthkul Fur or Belly of the beast both gives great life, i would go with furs if you can get it. The regen is very good.
Meginords vise or Southbound gloves Personally i go with whatever i can get cheapest that has vulnerability on hit, the difference here doesn't do thaat much, and vulnerabilty is a great dps increase.

NOTE! The Guardian does not share your max amount of curses you can apply to enemies, and therefore functions as a player with the default curse limit when applying curses (through corrupted gloves, for example). - Quoted from Path of exile wiki!

Animate guardian setup for leveling / budget:

Leerchast mask gives abit of damage to nearby allies, decent and costs basicly nothing.
Dying breath is a decent weapon, gives abit of dmg to nearby allies aswell, and costs next to nothing.
Ambus charge or Belly of the beast both should be quite cheap and does the job decently. You can also go with blood bond for a good stack of % life.
Meginords vise or southbound gloves Same as high cost, just without vulnerabilty on hit.
Victarios flight cause they're just good and cheap as dirt.

GEAR EXPLAINED
Spoiler

GEAR IN GENERAL & GOOD UNIQUES

theres quite a few good uniques that can be used early on to get some of these stats. First week setup could look something like this.
Helm: The Baron
Amulet: Astramentis
Body armour: Saqawals nest.
Boots: Alberons warpath
Gloves: Meginords vise
Rings: Strength, Life, Resists -> Look for one with avians aspect on, it is pricey to craft.
Belt: Meginords girdle.
Jewel: 2x Efficient training

Listed from best to worst:
Wep1&2: 5L Femurs of the Saints
OR
Wep 1&2: Queens decree -> upgrades into queens escape with The misunderstood queen prophecy
OR
Wep 1&2: 5l Chober chaber -> upgrades into Chaber Cairn with exhumed faith
OR
Wep 1: Montegreul's grasp
Shield: Rare with Str, life & resists.

I've been asked quite a few times "which items should i go for first" so here i'll make a small list, sorted in Tiers, the items are not ranked beyond the tiers, so pick up what you like or need the most within the tiers temselves:

Tier 3: easy to obtain: Baron, Astramentis, 2x Efficient training, Femur of the saints, one of the listed body armours, Alberons warpath, a rare piece of jewlry with Aspect of the avian. Followed by budget animated guardian setup.

Tier 2: Craft the mace, as it is the highest dps increase we get. Followed up by Saqawals nest, divine this until atleast 10% reduced mana & 65+ attributes, lethal pride with atleast 5% increased strength.

Tier 1: 15-20% increased strength lethal pride, Baron with head enchant, Elder belt with 10-12% increased attributes flat strength and life. Elder amber amulet with 100 str, life, resist and +1 zombie OR talisman with +2 zombies and attributes. Shapers touch with +1 socketed gems, Hunter influenced boots.

Rings should be upgraded as you go, fit with resists so you're resist capped, get as much strength and life as you can. Endgame you can look into minion movement speed. You should also look for rings that can get a prefix crafted, as it is highly recommended to crat -3 mana cost to channeling skills on both. This makes CWC cyclone free to cast.

FLASKS EXPLAINED
Spoiler
Since we don't rely on offensive flasks in the build, we only care about utility flasks for either faster clears or better survivability.

1. Life flask
Here we wan't fast and good life recovery, as we want to top off our life as fast as possible again. The highest life vs. lowest recovery time here is recommended, and a magic flast with x amount is recovered instantly is good.
I personally prefer blood of the karui as my endgame flask, as it does this very well, and it helps us survive large continued damage, as it tops of our life pool when the flask duration is up.

2. Movement flask
Here we want to use a quicksilver flask, as it offers the most movement speed increase we can get. We either want increased movement speed during flask effect and increased duration, or increased movement speed during flask effect with increased effect with less duration to get the good sprints out. Something like this.

3. Utility/movement flask
Here there is several options.

A silverflask is good, as it grants onslaught during flask effect, which grants 20% movement speed and 20% attack speed. This both makes us run faster, aswell as leap slam faster. The mods wanted on this could be freeze immunity, curse immunity and so on with increased duration or increased charge recovery.

Later on this can be swapped with either soulripper for deep delving, or bottled fait for more dps/life regen, although these are expensive upgrades.

4. Granite flask
This flask isn't really debatable, as it offers alot of physical damage reduction, as it grants us alot of armor, aswell as boosts our vaal molten shell buff. We want increased armor during flask effect on this one, aswell as either increased duration or increased effect with less duration.

5. Basalt flask
We pick a basalt flask up as the last flask as it gives a very nice flat physical damage reduction to our build, and doesn't rely alot on anything else. This means that we can roll either freze or curse immunity on, aswell as increased duration.

JEWELS EXLPAINED

Spoiler
Lethal pride
The lethal pride used in this build depends on its "seed". This means that we want to notice what number it has on it. When you want to aquire this item, you should buy the cheapest one you can get your hands on and divine it until you reach the desired. (You can get the maximum amount of zombies with 15%). Check out the example of a lethal pride on the image below. This one shows one that rolled 2x5% increased strength, 4% maximum life, aswell as +20 flat strength. However theres a long list of possible mods to hit, so keep rolling till you hit something good!
List of jewel mods: http://www.vhpg.com/lethal-pride/

Elegant hubris
Elegant hubris is a timeless jewel that can contest using lethal pride. However it is harder to roll and requires a good amount of strength as is. It does however outshine lethal pride by alot if it is rolled well. In 3.9 i used one with 4x 80% minion damage aswell as 50% cold & fire resists.
http://www.vhpg.com/elegant-hubris/

Watchers eye
We pick up a watchers eye with 8-12% physical attack damage converted to elemental(idealy x2), aswell as 40-50% chaos resistance. These two combined make up a massive defensive layer to the build

Efficient training
We use efficient training as it converts intellect in the allocated radius to strength, and since we get more minion dps, more zombies aswell as more life from strength these are super good for the build.

Brawn / Ghastly eye
Brawn is mainly used to hit either 1000/1200 or 1500 strength. If you are at about 1300 and not intention to push 1500 soon, then go with a ghastly eye jewel with some of the following stats: Life, Strength, Minions have chance to blind or taunt on attack.

Jewel slots

WEAPON CRAFT GUIDE

Spoiler

Okay, so since we lost socketed gems are supported by level x maim on shaper bases, we've been looking into new possibilites, and theres a few ones.. So the crafting guide will be more complex now. PLEASE CHECK THEM ALL OUT!

METHOD 1
Spoiler

NOTE! This method will result in the same as method 2, however you will not get the implicit from the staff! It is however alot more likely to hit the desired result! :)
1. Buy a elder 2handed sword/mace with the item level between 68 and 69 to get as small a modpool as possible. EASY! Yay!

2. Quality the item to either 28% quality with Hillock on transportation, or to 28-30% quality with perfect fossils. Pretty easy too, sweet good deal.

3. Spam orb of alterations on the weapon until you hit "socketed gems are supported by level 1 fortify". Once you hit this mod as a lone prefix you craft "Cannot roll attack modifiers" and regal it.

After regaling the item you can find yourself in several positions, check which one you're in and go from there.

1. You hit the +1 socketed gems prefix, if this is the case you're done.

2. You hit a random suffix, then you have to beastcraft "remove a random suffix, add a random prefix". This is done using the "farric wolf alpha". If you hit the +1 socketed gems by removing the crafted mod you have to craft "prefixes cannot be changed" and scour the item, this will leave you with the 2 desired prefixes leftover. If it hits the random suffix you regaled on you simply move on to next step.

3. You regaled a prefix, however it is not the +1 to socketed gems. If this is the case you have to start over, as you have a rare item where you cannot regal, but only use an exalted orb to hit the prefix, which isn't worth the risk.

4. Once you have a weapon with "+1 to socketed skillgems" aswell as "Socketed gems are supported by level 1 fortify" you craft "can have 3 crafted mods" -> +2 to socketed support gems -> Minions have 25-28% increased attack & cast speed.

5. Go to your menagerie, craft "grants level 20 aspect of the avian" on the staff as the last suffix using a saqawine rhex. Now you're done :D!

METHOD 2
Spoiler

1. Buy a elder WARstaff with the item level between 68 and 69 to get as small a modpool as possible. EASY! Yay!

2. Quality the item to either 28% quality with Hillock on transportation, or to 28-30% quality with perfect fossils. Pretty easy too, sweet good deal.

3. Use a orb of scouring on the staff, then craft your best attribute& Quality craft on it. Ez Pez. For example 21-25 strength & 15-18% quality.

Note!: Strength & quality mod is one hybrid mod, so you won't need the 2 ex double craft mod on it, a few people got confused by this and sadly wasted currency crafting it.

4. 6 Socket the staff followed by 6 linking the staff. This will be abit costly, but straight forward.

5. Use Alteration orbs until you roll either "+1 to level of socketed skillgems" Or "Socketed gems are supported by level 1 fortify". When you have rolled one of the mods you use a regal orb on the staff. We do this due to the desired mods both being prefixes. If you are in the situation that you regaled on a suffix you can beast craft it into a prefix by using a "Faric wolf apha" which removes a suffix and adds a random prefix. If you hit a prefix that is not desired which is highly likely then you want to start over by using a orb of scouring on the item and alteration spamming it again.

6. Once you have a staff with "+1 to socketed skillgems" aswell as "Socketed gems are supported by level 1 fortify" you craft "can have 3 crafted mods" -> +2 to socketed support gems -> Minions have 25-28% increased attack & cast speed.

7. Go to your menagerie, craft "grants level 20 aspect of the avian" on the staff as the last suffix using a saqawine rhex. Now you're done :D!

METHOD 3 EASY BUT WORSE
Spoiler

NOTE! For some reason this method is extremely expensive, so i do not recommend it alot. The added damage from this method also only adds 0.8% more damage than the fortify and doesn't grant the almost constant fortify effect on your zombies!

1. Buy a staff with the mod "minions have ~105% increased damage mod","minions have 5% chance to deal double damage" This is one mod from the temple drops. Not that you also want the item to have "+1 to level of socketed skillgems", aswell as a open prefix and a open suffix ideally.

2. Craft "prefixes cannot be changed" on the item, and use a orb of scouring on it. This will remove all the mods expect for the 2 desired prefixes.

3. Craft your best attribute&Quality craft on your weapon and 6 socket, into 6 linking the weapon.

4. Craft "can have 3 crafted mods" on the weapon -> 2 to level of socketed support gems -> 25-28% increased minion attack&cast speed.

5. Go to your menagerie and craft "grants level 20 aspect of the avian" onto the weapon using a saqawine rhex.

METHOD 4 CURRENCY WASTE FOR GOD TIER
Spoiler

1. Buy a elder WARstaf with the item level 80 to get as small a modpool as possible. EASY! Yay!

3. Use a orb of scouring on the staff, then craft your best attribute& Quality craft on it. Ez Pez.

4. 6 Socket the staff followed by 6 linking the staff. This will be abit costly, but straight forward.

5. fossil craft the following mods on the staff:
+1 to level of socketed gems
Socketed gems are supported by level 1 fortify
+1 to socketed strength/intelligence gems.
Note that both strength and intelligence gems work, and both can be used at the same time. If you have any fill prefix that isn't the listed ones, you'll want to orb of annulment it off. This will be INSANELY expensive to craft.

The setup you want to be using is faceted fossil aswell as sanctified fossil with a metalic fossil to block physical mods

6. Craft "+2 to level of socketed support skills -> 25-28% increased minion attack&Cast speed. Note if you hit both strength and intelligence gems you won't get the attack speed mod, but its still worth it.

7. You're done.. If you made it this far, hats of to you ^^

PANTHEONS
Spoiler

You want to pick up Soul of Lunaris as your major pantheon - fully upgraded as soon as possible, as chaining projectiles are ruthless against you with your horde around you. Infact, it is often a oneshot if you get chained of.

For the minor pantheon it is more or less what you prefer. I run with soul of gruthkul as you often leap slam into large packs.

ANNOINTMENT

Spoiler
With the introduction of oils for amulets in 3.8 i felt it that i had to make a small section for this. NOTE THAT IF YOU USE A CORRUPTED AMULET, I.E TALISMAN YOU CANNOT USE OILS.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS, CHECK THIS GUIDE OUT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTwpzNORnl8

If you want to use oils, and therefore use a non-talisman amulet go for the following:

Additional Zombie.
Flat strength.
Life.
Resists.
Idealily on a Amber amulet.

Which node to anoint?!

I would go for either Ravenous horde for clear and dps, or grave intentions for more zombie survivability.

Can i transmute a elder/Shaper amulet into a talisman after annointing it?
No, sadly you cannot transmute elder & Shaper bases into talisman, so be sure to pick up a non elder/shaper base if you decide to transmute it.

CHAOS CONVERTION SHENANIGANS
Spoiler

This was a major topic that was heavily discussed in 3.8. Long story short, with the introduction of impale into the build, physical ended up being stronger DPSwise. However with the buff to armour in 3.9 chaos convertion may be best in slot for dps again, i will update the guide when more is known. However The the gloves are still a big Quality of life improvement, as no maps have to be re-rolled. You do have to consider the loss of gloves like shapers touch though.

What do we do different?

First of all, we pick up a 4x white socket triad grip

1. Skill gems

We swap the following auras:

Pride

Flesh & stone - Maim

Dread banner

For the following:

Haste

Skitterbots

We swap in haste as it gives movement speed and attack speed to both ourselves and minions. This means smoother clear, but for our movement and the minions. And since we convert to 100% chaos we won't need impale scaling, since impale records physical damage.

We swap the following zombie links:

Impale support

For the following:

Withering touch

We do this, as withering touch adds physical as extra chaos damage, and grants withered stacks. Since we have so many attacks that repeat we easily hit the maximum stacks of 15, adding 90% increased chaos damage taken.
2. Gear
We swap baron enchant for 12% physical as extra chaos damage, as we scale chaos damage really well.

This gives our spirit offering a whopping 43% physical as extra chaos, that scales with our 15 wither stacks.

3. Animated guardian

We change vulnerability on gloves for despair, as we don't do physical damage now, we do chaos.
We also roll nearby enemies take increased chaos damage, rather than physical damage on the AG helmet. Another viable thing is to pick up crown of the tyrant, and use vorici to white socket it. This means that we get a flat -10% all resists on nearby enemies and a flat 47-61 chaos damage. (this adds about 1m dps in all).

Deep Delving tips & Tricks

Spoiler
Since i'm getting close to 1k Delve on the build i'd like to add a few tips and tricks for the deeper depths of the mines. We are here talking about 800+ or so, as lower depths should be pretty straight forward if you have good gear.

General survivability

To sustain the massive amounts of damage you get hit from at times, mainly due to glacial spikes from the cast on death from the Weta's (the blue insect thingies) i would highly recommend getting the 100% increased armour flask mod during flask duration on your granite flask, aswell as increased effect if you can. The reason for this is that we want to keep up our Vaal molten shell as much as we can, as it renders us immune to oneshots unless the mods are mad (such as 200% extra damage, critical strike and elemental penetration).
To keep our vaal molten shell up as much as possible, i would suggest picking up a soulripper.

Although expensive, it is super good, and made the push from 800 to 1k easy, as i only die to my own stupidity.

PANTHEONS

Deeper in the mines you start facing serious degen originating from either burning patches or desecrated patches. Theres a few things that helps out here.

Desecrated ground

Stacking high chaos resist is the way to go here, as it is chaos damage and therefore goes straight through the ES we generate from our spinning. Personally i am at 18% chaos resistance, and therefore i have opted to change my pantheons when i reach fungal caverns as this is the biome the zombies that spawn the desecrated ground are. I go for Soul of arakaali and soul of Shakari, with arakaali fully upgraded. Although at 1k+ you may have to stack even more chaos resist or leapslam over them, although it can be chaotic.

Burning patches

These badboys often spawn in magma fissure biomes, and degen hard. To avoid dying too much to these you should change to soul of Abberath as this renders you immune to burning patches.

Tips & tricks

At 800+ Depth your animate guardian start to be at risk of dying. I lost 2 with 14 exalted worth of gear since 800, so keeping a keen eye on him, or simply despawning unless you're facing aul or similar is recommended unless you want to face the same fate as i did. Some of the extra damage mods paired with projectiles or the bad AI of the guardian kills him easily. Even with the 9% HP regen a second.

Not sure if i mentioned this in the guide in general, but you can stack bone armour and Vaal molten shell giving you a even bigger stack of life to withstand the horrors of the depths with.

A thing i found very useful through my travels is that you can see surges of blue power going to the ground when a Weta spike is about to spawn, cyclone away as fast as you can, and keep an eye out for those in general, those are the killers in delve for the most part.

Dropping abit of life to pick up the steadfast cluster is a good idea, as you get more Vaal molten shell "life" from the cluster than you would get from flat life. Furthermore you also get fortify effect which is juicy!

Dropping the basalt flask for a sapphire flask with freeze immunity is very nice, as the degen from azurite cast on death can be realy tricky in deeper delve situations.

Getting a flask with knockback during flask effect is quite nice, as it makes monsters unable to get close to you and melee hit you. This is very nice once you hit high damage modifiers with increased accuracy.

SUMMONER DISCORD
Spoiler

If you have questions, or wanna join the community of summoners, then join our discord! Lots of nice people and crazy builds being discussed!

https://discord.gg/ZBkGkQP

Another varriant and a thank you to the author
Spoiler

If you like the build and want another take on it, i would recommend that you check out https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2610726 His guide helped me create my thread, so huge thank you!

If you got this far it'd like to thank you for your time, and i hope you enjoy my guide.
-Qlida out!
Last edited by Qlidascope on Mar 11, 2020, 9:51:34 AM
Last bumped on Jun 1, 2020, 8:46:27 AM
POST 3.10 CHANGES (WILL BE UPDATED AS I UPDATE THE GUIDE THROUGH 3.10)

Shapers touch nerf
Shaper's Touch now grants +1 maximum mana per 4 Strength (from 2 maximum mana per 4 Strength), and 1% increased Energy Shield per 10 Strength (from 2% increased Energy Shield per 10 Strength). You can use a Divine Orb on existing versions if you feel it is unethical to have that much Mana and Energy Shield (because it is).

This is quite a hard hit, This ontop of spirit offering rework - It is simply not worth using these gloves anymore. Back to either using triad grip for convertion, Grip of the council for dps or a pair of rare ones for surivability.

Spirit offering rework
No longer grants a portion of the minion's maximum life as Energy Shield.
Now grants +20% to Chaos Resistance at gem level 1, up to +30% at gem level 20.

This simply renders the CWC spirit offering setup useless. It was sweet as long as it lasted, however it was too OP. So far in 3.10 we'll be using Life gained on hit and higher life pool to negate this nerf, however it won't ever be as strong.

Bone barrier nerf
Bone Barrier no longer grants Elemental Resistances per minion. Increased Life and Energy Shield Recovery per minion is now 2% (from 3%), capping out at 20% (from 30%).
Commander of Darkness now grants you and nearby allies +30% to all Elemental Resistances (from 20%).

The elemental resistance nerf is fine for us, as we get a new resistance slot to fill in our gloves. The recovery rate is abit bad for our leech regen, however it should be fine. Bone barrier phys reduction aswell as the shield itself is still very strong.

The Baron nerf
The Baron: Now grants 10 to 20% increased minion maximum Life (from 20%), +1 to maximum number of Raised Zombies per 500 Strength (from 300) and with at least 1000 Strength, 1.5 to 2% of Damage dealt by your Raised Zombies is leeched to you as Life (from 2%). Using a Divine Orb will update existing versions of this item to these new values.

This seems like a super big nerf, however it isn't really. The reasoning behind this is that we actually started having so many zombies, that they bodyblocked eachother on bosses (meaning no dps). Furthermore with the changes to the build in 3.10 where we use i.e. flesh offering and brutality we actually gain DPS, even with 2 lost zombies on the baron aswell as on the gem.

Raise zombie nerf
The number of maximum raised zombies you can have at gem level 20 is now 6 (from 7).

As described above, this is in theory a nerf, however i don't think it'll be felt very much.

Feeding frenzy nerf
Now gives minions from supported skills 25% chance to grant Feeding Frenzy to you on hit at gem level 1, up to 44% at gem level 20 (previously 25% at all gem levels).
No longer causes minions from supported skills to deal more damage while you have Feeding Frenzy.

This is just fine, this basically means that this is now seen as either an AI change or a buff granted by a buffer minion. We get the buff for our zombies more frequent, and the carrion golem does less damage from nothing, so we don't really care.

Pre 3.10 CHANGES
Spoiler

17 January Added awakener 8 Sirus kill

15 January - Added deeper explanation of what Pastebins does and how to use them in Path of building - Aswell as cleared up a section in the weapon crafting guide!

14 January - Updated the weapon crafting guide, as it was causing confusion.

9 January - Updated pastebin with the following:

Moved auras to a pair of +1 socketed gems shapers touch, Added Hunter influenced boots for more life, strength, movement speed aswell as an open suffix.
Made the lethal pride & watchers eye placeholder gems more understandable!

7 January - 3.9 Cortex & 130+ Quant minotaur Videos added!

Cortex kill -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnw3p3TtYTQ&feature=youtu.be

Minotaur kill -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X09kSnxi9s&feature=youtu.be

PRE 3.9 CHANGES
Spoiler
3.9 SKILL TREE, GEMS ADDED SO FAR, ITEMS WILL COME LATER, AS 3.9 BUILD COMES TOGETHER!
WEAPON NERFS/REWORK?
You can no longer roll Chance to Maim and Maim Support modifiers on two-handed shaper maces.

This is a flat 30% dps decrease, which sucks super hard. However i do feel like they'll be added to the new exalted orbs, so we'll just have to farm some more for the same amount of power here. (The shaper mace were too strong anyway for the cost).

ASCENDENCY NERFS
Mindless Aggression now grants your minions 10% increased Movement Speed (from 30%).
Commander of Darkness now grants the increased Attack and Cast Speed aura as a single combined aura rather than a separate aura for each other aura skill you had. This matters for effects that care how many buffs you have, such as Mantra of Flames.

The nerf to mindless agression movement speed hits us below the belt i feel like. This is not really needed, however it does suck for us. This could be negated by the meatshield support gem (check the feeding frenzy nerf part later on).
Commander of darkness doesn't affect us at all.

RAISE ZOMBIE SKILLGEM NERFS
The Zombie Slam ability now has a 6 second cooldown (from 4) and has a base radius of 17 units (from 28). Now increases Zombie Slam Area of Effect as the gem levels, up to 76% at gem level 20.

The zombieslam CD nerf is definitely not good for our clear, aswell as a minor dps decrease. It also makes permaslamming zombies with awakened multistrike not being a possibility. However we are able to negate the reduction in Zombieslam area(possibly even getting bigger, depending on the math), due to the fact that we level the skill gem to 30.

The slam is now slower and has 30% less base damage effectiveness at gem level 1, rising to the previous damage effectiveness around gem level 17. Note that these changes are not visible on the skill gem.

This means that our zombies will be less relevant as a damage source early on in leveling, meaning that we will rely more heavily on skellies throughout leveling. (Always prefer higher skelly link to zombie until level 17). However since it isn't showed on the gem i do believe that it will not be affected by skill levels beyond 17, so it cannot be turned into a buff.

Base Zombie damage has been reduced by approximately 25% at all gem levels.
No longer grants Zombies more life as the gem levels (but the Zombies themselves do gain base life with each gem level, like other minions).

The 25% less basedamage is a flat nerf of 25%, we can't really negate this, but in my opinion this is just fine, as zombies were stupidly strong.

FEEDING FRENZY SKILLGEM NERFS
The Feeding Frenzy buff now grants 10% increased attack, cast, and movement speed to your minions (from 15%).
Minions from supported skills now deal 5% more damage while you have the Feeding Frenzy buff at gem level 1 (from 15%), up to 15% at gem level 20 (from 24%).

The nerf to feeding frenzy actually might make me want to change from feeding frenzy into meatshield support. The argument for this is that we get 33% movement, 32% more damage for the minion supported by it when monsters are nearby, aswell 27% less damage taken. Since we cyclone through packs it actually means that our zombies will be agressive to nearby enemies. However you do need to actually move around in encounters like blight (oh no, we have to play the game D: ). Furthermore we have 20% chance for minions to taunt on hit, which is nice.

Another possibility is also to just drop feeding frenzy from the zombielinks and using straight up minion damage / melee physical, depending on the links.

So my overall opinion on feeding frenzy at this point is, it can be used for clear/skellies, however i feel like meatshield has more to offer for our zombies when cycloning at this point, although you need a more active playstyle to make it work in things like blight.

the feeding frenzy buff consisting of 10% Attack speed/cast speed aswell as movement speed could be useful, however i don't feel like our endgame setup has enough to sockets to support it. (Screams in 4.0).

MINION DAMAGE SKILLGEM NERFS
Supported skills now deal 25% more damage at gem level 1 (from 30%), up to 49% at gem level 20 (no change from previously).
Now gains 1% increased damage from minions from supported skills per 2% quality (previously gained 1.5% per 2% quality).

This is basically just a minor 5% increased nerf, due to the quality nerf, however the different leveling scaling makes melee physical damage more viable for leveling, but the endgame result will be the same.

MINION DAMAGE SKILLGEM NERFS
Fortify is now multiplicative with other sources of damage reduction.

This is a minor nerft to our defences, however since we have very high physical mitigation that part should be fine at the very least. However we will take slightly more elemental damage, however our CwC spirit offering should be able to handle this aswell. However Rotting legion started being abit more attractive due to the less elemental damage taken.

IMPALE SUPPORT SKILLGEM CHANGES
Now grants supported skills -30% to Total Physical damage Reduction against Impale Hits at all gem levels.

I assume this is a new form of improving impale damage, although we have little insight into the actual mechanics of this. I will return later when we have more knowledge, however it may be that impale isn't as strong for minions as it used to be.

SKITTERBOTS SHOCK CHANGES
The default Shock magnitude for effects that apply Shock without damage (such as Skitterbots) is now 15% (from 20%).

This nerf might actually make me want to go with Flesh and stone, dropping champion of cause in investing into either more life or minion damage. Since maim is gone from our weapon this could be very interesting and i will explore this futher into 3.9. Also Flesh and stone can be linked to maim, so both effect can occur, and might even end up in a dps increase?

AWAKENED SUPPORT GEMS
Awakened multistrike

This support gem is VERY strong for zombies, as adds a higher more multiplier on our damage
New: 90% -> 120% -> 140% -> 160%
Old: 90% -> 120% -> 140%
Multiply your zombie dps by 1,72 rather than 1,58!
Math: https://pastebin.com/wXbNz1rG

Awakened minion damage

New: 20% increased minion damage & 54% more minion damage
Old: 15% increased minion damage (10% in 3.9) 49% more minion damage

10% increased minion damage & 5% more mionion damage. This is decent, however this won't make us instaphase anything.

Awakened melee physical damage

New: 10% chance to intimidate enemies for 4 seconds on hit & 54% more melee physical damage
Old: 49% more melee physical damage

This one is absolutely bunkers for us, as we have no reliable way of inflicting intimidate on enemies, and having a reliable way of inflicting this adds 10% more damage to our build flatout. Furthermore we get 5% more melee physical damage aswell, so this one is a MUST.

Awakened Brutality

New: Enemies have -10% to total physical damage reduction aganist your hits & 64 more physical damage
Old: 59% more physical damage

This is a very interesting skillgem, as the -10% physical damage reduction is super strong, actually stronger than the added physical as extra chaos damage from a spirit offering. This means that it actually becomes better to run this even with spirit offering CWC setup.

Awakened added chaos damage

New: +1 to level of supported active skill gems & 234-352 added chaos damage
Old: 170-255 added chaos damage

Just wanted to add this to the list, as this may be very interesting to use with chaos convertion shenanigans.

All in all, with the added powercreep in 3,9 we may be able to push back to 30m+ old shaper dps, which would be nice.

NEW BELT?!

PRO:
We are able to run all offerings which is super strong, even at 50% effect.

Cons:
No elder belt attribute stacking ~250+ Strength lost.
We don't really have the sockets to procc all the offerings, as the CWC goes Desecrate -> offering -> offering -> offering -> desecrate.
We'd have to drop Fortify & infused channeling.

All in all, i wouldn't go for it, as it simply makes us give up sooo much to acquire so little.

Last edited by Qlidascope on Mar 11, 2020, 9:18:04 AM
Hey, is it viable for league starting build?
"
Uste4 wrote:
Hey, is it viable for league starting build?

It is league starter viable, although i would recommend you to check out the uniques i listed as good league starting items. I myself will be making it for 3.8 :)
I've been looking at various ways to build around skeletons, and your build is better than what I was able to come up with on my own. What is the new item: +50 strength, +20% strength. I haven't seen anything about jewels at all. Also, is there a specific reason Zombies don't have Brutality?
PoE Tool Compilation
- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2703056

Scamware! Protect Yourself From the Dark Side
- https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2763480
The new item jewel is just a placeholder for the Lethal pride i am using. You can see the specific information on it in the "my gear" spoiler ^^

Regarding Brutality no. Not sure why i didn't swap it for melee physical damage, as it is flatout 30k more dps. I updated it in the guide aswell. Thank you for pointing it out! :D
Last edited by Qlidascope on Aug 25, 2019, 10:40:53 PM
"
Qlidascope wrote:

Buff for multistrike, 15% increased multiplier up from Old: 70% + 105% + 140% = 315%

Why 15? it was 30 less damage, 44% more attack speed, 1,5 damage multiplier at avarage, so 0,7*1,44*1,5=1,512 multiplier.
And new one is 10 less, 44% more attack speed , 1,22 avarage damage multiplier, so it is 0,9*1,44*1,22=1,5811 multiplier

1,5811/1,512=1,0457 overall damage multiplier from multistrike
so it is 4,57% more damage
Pure melee 3.7 skeleton build.
Uber elder kill - youtu.be/RyAeNLMUCc0
My fastest Hydra kill - youtu.be/QfzDDRtec4I
My fastest Chimera kill - youtu.be/sT69uZVFVlw
Last edited by Uoykai on Aug 25, 2019, 11:12:41 PM
Can anyone give me any suggestions about how can i craft ~ same mace with my own in new league?
"
Uoykai wrote:
"
Qlidascope wrote:

Buff for multistrike, 15% increased multiplier up from Old: 70% + 105% + 140% = 315%

Why 15? it was 30 less damage, 44% more attack speed, 1,5 damage multiplier at avarage, so 0,7*1,44*1,5=1,512 multiplier.
And new one is 10 less, 44% more attack speed , 1,22 avarage damage multiplier, so it is 0,9*1,44*1,22=1,5811 multiplier

1,5811/1,512=1,0457 overall damage multiplier from multistrike
so it is 4,57% more damage

Your math seems to be good. I was just quickly adding up the actual flat buffs (30%, 5%, - 10%)/3 = 15. :D

Using your math it gives a ~ 38k dps increase per zombie. Calculating the full dps buff for zombies it gives us a dps increase of ~4.6%, which is nice for a mere support gem numerical buff :)
Last edited by Qlidascope on Aug 26, 2019, 5:22:09 AM
"
Uste4 wrote:
Can anyone give me any suggestions about how can i craft ~ same mace with my own in new league?

Well it depends on the currency prices of 3.8, as there is a few methods. You can either

Roll level 20 maim with alteration orbs -> block attack mods -> Slam for +1 socketed gems -> craft quality to 6L -> multimod.

You can also Alteration spam for both +1 gems and level 20 maim on a blue base. Then imprint it -> regal -> annul the regal if it is a bad mod. (if you regal flat str its really good).

The craft is quite expensive, as the mods are rare. Earlier in the league getting a staff with +1 skill gems and multimods is a great alternative and much easier to hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info