Development Manifesto: Legion as a Core Game Mechanic

"
FathomWheel wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:
oh people are forgetting that in 3.8 you will see less safehouses since 1 board = account wide now.

I think you'll actually see more. Syndicate takes a non-negligible amount of time to set up (kick out the bad people, bring in the good people, get them into the right divisions, etc...). By making it a single account-wide board, you only have to do that once and your subsequent characters can use the same board without having to first set it up.

disagree, not only your safehouses will be downgraded (new alts you make further the league goes low map syndicate encounters = low tier maps less level)

delve is getting the same nerf stick too, I like that I could go to different paths on my other builds.. they are removing that in 3.8 by making it account wide as well.

Oh and about the more safehouses, maybe if you don't kill catarina otherwise I think it will be the same.. spin the RNG wheel and hope you find Jun frequently.

Not sure what's the "issue" setting it up, it will do more harm than benefits in the end. If anything expect scarabs this next league to skyrocket in price..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on Aug 18, 2019, 8:01:07 PM
"
iamnotspock wrote:
"
solidghost wrote:
Unlocking the 5 slot map device will take quite a lot of time considering legion spawns only 10% in maps?

No, Read it again, they are walling Legion, behind Syndicate / Delve etc. It wont spawn in maps.

(Which I think is a mistake, it should have a spawn chance in maps.).

you are the one who suppose to read again and read it all .
Am i dreaming? New content for std league?
Yikes
can a bitch get her hat back
Expected for it to go core, i just don't think it was needed, would much rather have seen synth go core.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
this is good. y'all did some fine work here with legion
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
"
Xystre wrote:
"
FathomWheel wrote:
"
Xystre wrote:
oh people are forgetting that in 3.8 you will see less safehouses since 1 board = account wide now.

I think you'll actually see more. Syndicate takes a non-negligible amount of time to set up (kick out the bad people, bring in the good people, get them into the right divisions, etc...). By making it a single account-wide board, you only have to do that once and your subsequent characters can use the same board without having to first set it up.

disagree, not only your safehouses will be downgraded (new alts you make further the league goes low map syndicate encounters = low tier maps less level)

delve is getting the same nerf stick too, I like that I could go to different paths on my other builds.. they are removing that in 3.8 by making it account wide as well.

Oh and about the more safehouses, maybe if you don't kill catarina otherwise I think it will be the same.. spin the RNG wheel and hope you find Jun frequently.

Not sure what's the "issue" setting it up, it will do more harm than benefits in the end. If anything expect scarabs this next league to skyrocket in price..

Ah I see what you mean; I've been ignoring Catarina since GGG went back and ninja-edited the Manifesto. I'd honestly forgotten that was a thing and have been only farming for Scarabs and such (which are ilvl independent). For me, getting the Syndicate board set up takes time because there are only certain people I want in it and even then I want them in specific positions.

For Delve though, it's already a shared mine; the only difference AFAIK is that you'll also have shared Sulphite (i.e. instead of logging out and logging in with a Delve-exclusive character, you can just pick up the Sulphite). I don't think this will have much of an impact other than bugs at the start...though I do worry that they will move Delve to after A10.
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Expected for it to go core, i just don't think it was needed, would much rather have seen synth go core.

They did say Synth will probably show back up at some point in a different iteration, which I think was def needed. Good concept, it just needed abit more time in the oven.
Cool. Figured the integration would be something like this. It's a simple mechanic that isn't obtrusive or annoying (unlike say, abysses meh). Keep on truckin'.
i can't believe how many people fail at reading and comprehending that rather short dev post.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info