[3.8] WIP Toxic Rain Pathfinder League Starter, 297% MS 5.9k life All Content + Great mapper/delver

"
Mydgard6 wrote:
"
Yalpe wrote:

First upgrade should always be 6 link white bow over anything. Even white its going to be better, even more so if you craft multi on top before you make the endgame version.

White 6 Link bow = Tabula Rasa ... or not? At least i use a tabula with 6 linked toxic rain on lvl 46 and it works quite good ... sure if have a massive mana problem as of quill rain ...

BTW you wrote that withering step is for leveling and phase run for endgame ... but why? Imho the movement / phasing part is the most important one? Additional enemy mobs get withered when i run between them.

I still level phase run actual, but i think i will stick with withered step, at least as i run way faster with it, even if i get slower the longer i run ... AND cooldown is lower on withered step (btw can i increase the time of withered step with increased duration?)

Tabula is fine until you are ready to craft mods on the bow.

Withering Step, I'm leaning towards replacing Phase Run as well. More testing will be required of course. Feel free to experiment! That where the fun lies in POE!
Last edited by Yalpe on Sep 10, 2019, 9:33:01 PM
Im a lot happier with the build now i have hit lvl 90

Is there a reason you dont use or recommend hryyis ire? we get nothing from the damage, but it is more evasion thatn qotf and the dodge could be big for the build
"
EkEL123 wrote:
Im a lot happier with the build now i have hit lvl 90

Is there a reason you dont use or recommend hryyis ire? we get nothing from the damage, but it is more evasion thatn qotf and the dodge could be big for the build

Ire is totally fineif you want. My build was already capping atk dodge so you'd only gain spell dodge which isn't a bad thing. As I said to another fellow exile, I just really enjoy playing with high move speed. Its purely preferential and not functional. Feel free to adapt the build as you please.

That said, I should explain that in the guide. Thanks for your input.

Quick edit: I think I cap atk dodge with vaal grace, not at all times.
Last edited by Yalpe on Sep 11, 2019, 5:57:59 AM
I started league with your guide and is ok until now. Bossing is kinda bad if you go to early, after you get some items should be fine tho (i need to do uber elder to see).

Don't have enlighten to test but i hope we can do:).

Is good for lab runs, i am around 270 in delve right now.

With clarity + malevolence watcher eye (got one for 13ex really happy) + reduce cost on rings and amulet you reach 0 cost for TR, you think we can use blood and sand as 4th aura?

Did you consider making one 4 link elder gloves with HOA for bossing purposes only?

Last edited by nazgul29 on Sep 11, 2019, 11:31:54 AM
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
"
Yalpe wrote:

First upgrade should always be 6 link white bow over anything. Even white its going to be better, even more so if you craft multi on top before you make the endgame version.

I still level phase run actual, but i think i will stick with withered step, at least as i run way faster with it, even if i get slower the longer i run ... AND cooldown is lower on withered step (btw can i increase the time of withered step with increased duration?)

A 20/20 Withering Step is 44% MS that degrades while a 20/20 Phase Run is 49% MS. Phase Run's cool down starts immediately after you use the skill. So if you link it to increased duration you can consistently chain it. Withering Step's cool down doesn't start until the skill finishes or is canceled. As a utility, Phase Run feels much better as you can pop it to get to packs and it'll be up again so you can phase through them. There are times with Withering Step when you'll be using it as a travel skill but it's down by the time you get to the next pack. Then you can't phase until you kill the first mob which means you're stuck there. When you should be running through them.
"
romankrru wrote:
"
Hey there. Since craft "-xxx to total mana cost of spells" removed from the game, how i should solve the mana issue? Should i pick up more int to lvlup clarity, or smth else?

You should craft "Non-chanelling skills have -# to total mana cost".

I am also running lvl 6 Clarity. Have no mana issues.

ty, that worked!

Also I have questions about bow. Right now i see bows with +1 to gem lvls and +2 to bow gem lvls for 2-3 ex. If we use empower, we'll have total +4 to toxic rain lvl, just like in your variation. But your one is much more expensive, does it really worth it?
Question: is it possible to decrease the time between i shoot toxic rain and the damage occurs?

I mean: Someone some pages ago said quill rain will help, i bought one and i was really good ... but i have some mana problems even as i chain drink 2 of them ;)

So until now i just spammed toxic rain until everything was dead ... but than i tried to shoot only one or 2 times and wait until the flowers comes on ground and still all mobs die ... so my spamming is only mana consuming ...
But it is kinda annoying i have to wait until the flowers kill em all ... so i would like to know if i can decrease the time being?

@kan333 You are right, will probably also change back to phase run as it is really annoying you can't just use it again and have to wait for kinda long time ... sure the wither on mobs is good but not so important imho.
Last edited by Mydgard6 on Sep 12, 2019, 7:24:56 AM
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
Question: is it possible to decrease the time between i shoot toxic rain and the damage occurs?
It is in fact one of the biggest downsides of this skill, I believe projectile speed reduces the downtime, but investing in it is always at expense of something else.

Attack speed mostly decides how many flowers per second you can throw out, there's still a delay.
"
nazgul29 wrote:
I started league with your guide and is ok until now. Bossing is kinda bad if you go to early, after you get some items should be fine tho (i need to do uber elder to see).

Don't have enlighten to test but i hope we can do:).

Is good for lab runs, i am around 270 in delve right now.

With clarity + malevolence watcher eye (got one for 13ex really happy) + reduce cost on rings and amulet you reach 0 cost for TR, you think we can use blood and sand as 4th aura?

Did you consider making one 4 link elder gloves with HOA for bossing purposes only?

No I did not. I encourage you to try, I might be interested. Bossing was always a bit hard but with optimal gear it works.
"
kan333 wrote:
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
"
Yalpe wrote:

A 20/20 Withering Step is 44% MS that degrades while a 20/20 Phase Run is 49% MS. Phase Run's cool down starts immediately after you use the skill. So if you link it to increased duration you can consistently chain it. Withering Step's cool down doesn't start until the skill finishes or is canceled. As a utility, Phase Run feels much better as you can pop it to get to packs and it'll be up again so you can phase through them. There are times with Withering Step when you'll be using it as a travel skill but it's down by the time you get to the next pack. Then you can't phase until you kill the first mob which means you're stuck there. When you should be running through them.

I also level phase run. I'm not convinced yet, I will need to test both to be sure. The build has a couple extra gem slots so it could run both. I like Withering Step. With Freedom of Movement though, you should be always phasing. The only thing I don't like is that you have to manage when to use it because as soon as you hit a skill, the buffs goes away. So it goes like this:
- Hit buffs
- Kill pack
- Hit Withering Step to next pack
- Repeat

Its ok for now but for high density maps I don't think it will work well. I'm still on white maps, having some health issues so I can't play much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info