[3.8] WIP Toxic Rain Pathfinder League Starter, 297% MS 5.9k life All Content + Great mapper/delver

"
Thegoodishere wrote:
Best way to keep mana up without a mana flask? other then that i love this build :)

-mana cost mods on rings / neck
mana on hit jewel
increased mana regen rolls on rings

There's also -mana cost while affected by clarity watcher's eye but since uber elder is harder to get access to, that's probably not an option I'd recommend now.
I am following this build and have also been looking at another TR build that uses HOA.

Which is better to run, HOA or Malevolence? i don't think i can run both for mana issues
"
kenn23 wrote:
I am following this build and have also been looking at another TR build that uses HOA.

Which is better to run, HOA or Malevolence? i don't think i can run both for mana issues
They're seriously 2 different builds (especially if you're checking Angry Roleplayer's HOA + toxic rain guide).

So to explain, toxic rain has 3 damaging components:
1. arrows that land
2. pods that spawn from those arrows
3. aoe explosion when pods expire

HOA builds attach poison-related supports and pick poison-related talents form the passive tree and scale #1 and #3 through weapon damage and other factors, their main source of damage is poison.

This build scales the pods (#2) and doesn't use poison, it doesn't require good weapon damage, but requires +level to gems, and HOA is completely useless in it.

There is no question of "which is better", it's like asking "should I play arc mines or totems", they're 2 different things. If you want to include HOA, follow a guide for a dedicated HOA build. Plugging HOA into a build that does not benefit from it and does not synergize with it (read: non poison build) is a waste of gem slot / mana reservation.
ah ok. today i was running both at the same time since i had the mana and didnt see a real difference. I am going to take HOA out:)

Another question is why we don't run the normal CWDT+Immortal call setup. Can we still run that and selfcast Steelskin?

Right now, i am level 35 and i feel like i move so fast, that when i see a mob pack and shoot, the impacts are way off target and i have to stop right in the middle of the pack t shoot again. takes some time to get used to.

Thanks for the reply

"
kenn23 wrote:
Another question is why we don't run the normal CWDT+Immortal call setup. Can we still run that and selfcast Steelskin?
Immortal Call and Steelskin share cooldown (and Molten Shell too, they all count as "guard skills"), so while you could use both, you could end up in a situation you want to press Steelskin and it's disabled because of recent immortal call proc. It's your choice what kind of defense do you prefer, automated immortal call is much weaker than pre-Legion patch, but requires less strength to socket (as you will probably use low level of it) and doesn't require personal reaction to activate.
Is this still a viable build in 3.10
"
JoshH265 wrote:
Is this still a viable build in 3.10
Toxic rain pathfinder is still viable, however most people play the skill on trickster because it gives more damage.

I don't know if author is planning to update this guide. What I personally do is check trickster guides and then modify defense side to fit PF (you want to play life based instead of ES/life hybrid tricksters do).

I've been playing Pestilent Strike this league. Perhaps I will try TR again later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info