The Celestial Leap Slam Effect

"
girng wrote:
I'd rather look at the jump animation (and feel more character control) instead of seeing my character disappear for a second. That's the entire point of leaping.

What an awful effect.
My first thought. I actually like the celestial effect part, but the actual leap (aka disappearing/reappearing act) looks awful. Especially when the whole point of buying mtx is to see your character look "awesome"--why in the world would I want to be invisible for any amount of time when I spent money on these clothes?

Kind of sad, cause I got excited for half a second. The amount I use leap slam on different characters meant a good leap slam mtx I like would be an instant buy, but between Sin leap slam being rather boring, Demonic leap slam clashing with all my other mtx (I prefer blue/purple/grey themes) and this one having weird animation, I can't justify paying for any of them.
just a scrub.
"
digitalized wrote:
"
girng wrote:
I'd rather look at the jump animation (and feel more character control) instead of seeing my character disappear for a second. That's the entire point of leaping.

What an awful effect.
My first thought. I actually like the celestial effect part, but the actual leap (aka disappearing/reappearing act) looks awful. Especially when the whole point of buying mtx is to see your character look "awesome"--why in the world would I want to be invisible for any amount of time when I spent money on these clothes?

Kind of sad, cause I got excited for half a second. The amount I use leap slam on different characters meant a good leap slam mtx I like would be an instant buy, but between Sin leap slam being rather boring, Demonic leap slam clashing with all my other mtx (I prefer blue/purple/grey themes) and this one having weird animation, I can't justify paying for any of them.

That is a very negative way of expressing that a new MTX is just not for you.

Many, including me, seem to love it. Surely you are not trying to invalidate our good feelings towards it? :-)
"
boyandroid wrote:
So now you have a leap slam without getting you freeze mid air & a lightning warp without the delay.

This is borderline P2W.

It doesn't change the gameplay, only the visuals. You're still there, just invisible for a second. I suppose that might have a minor effect on PvP. Maybe.
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 8, 2019, 2:29:20 AM
The long awaited Leap Slam nerf is coming! Hide your kids!!!

Also, become an anime character as you 'leap slam/flash step' to your foes!
Kinda reminds me of a dragoon jump from Final Fantasy; leaping into the stars with every, uh, leap. I dig it.

But also, it's league end, so it can wait - especially since Celestial suggests incoming nerfs to the damage tycoon that is Leap Slam.
Oh no, leap slam nerf confirmed!
Quickly, finish your leap slam builds, as it is "not working as intended"!

2019: "Path of exile is designed to be played forever!* ** ***
*Chris Willson, CEO 2019

** (because we nerf the shit out of every "fun" build)

*** (so you have to start all over again)
Why disappear? This is also an expensive mild effect.
how does that work with monsters freezing you while jumping and killing you?

you get killed while being invisible?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
DANK
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
Holy what that's dope

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info