[3.9] Sad of Dying - The undying Juggernaut Build

The Trick is a Chest like:

"Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost"
So Cyclone is for free.
Yes, with this line, cyclone is for free. But with the Watcher's Eye, you can have an aura for free (like Haste cost no mana, Precision has 50% mana less reservation, vitality has no mana reservation or reduction cost...), but it costs, in general, more than 10 Exalted.
I'm trying out this build in 3.9, and I've been thoroughly enjoying blasting through packs without stopping on my way up in levels, using the "Desecrate/Volatile Dead" iteration of the build... But now, I am struggling with single target.

I've only just started maps, haven't even done Uber Lab yet, but with all the build I've previously played, you could tell what the build was going to build up to by early maps - and I've been struggling with single target on bosses, even rares... My solution so far has been to grind down the rares, and completely skip bosses and metamorphs, in hopes that more levels under my belt is going to get my single-target to a better place.

For now, I've switched over to Wave of Conviction/Purifying Flame, which has felt a little better, though my WoC is low level at the moment.

As for SarennaWonder's earlier question, because it does not seem to relate to the above answers about the mana cost of Cyclone...
"
SarennaWonder wrote:
I can only use Anger and Herold of Ashes then my Mana is already at its maximum. Cant run another Aura like Precision though. How did you manage to run all those skills and still have enough Mana left?

There are two components to fitting more auras into your mana pool;
1. An Enlightenment Support gem, linked to the highest-cost auras (or, if possible, several of these gems, to reduce the cost of all auras you run).
2. Labyrinth Helmet Enchant; "Anger has (10 or 15)% reduced mana reservation".
Last edited by nihilisticGoliath on Jan 20, 2020, 11:04:55 AM
Hello folks,

sadly I have to admit that DPS is not where this build shines, actually with the 3.9 changes I guess it got worse as Bosses got more HP.
If anyone has a cool idea or success story on improving it would be apreciated if you could share.

Actually I am not much into it myself this league as I was trying some other builds.

Best regards
Mirathas
Alright, you made me replay my own build now.
Basically I just put together what I had in stash + what I bought for ~2-3ex which are as per my experience way more often dropping this league.

So far my Gems were not at max level at all (between 11-18) and I feel like enough DPS.

From what I tested Volatile Dead felt a good bit faster (sam Map, T15 Siege) than Wave + Purifying Flame.

Taking down the T15 Boss in SIege was ~20 seconds, so yeah could be better but as stated, I miss still lots of gem levels and especially quality.

Edit: I am not even using the gloves and Boots I suggested, which should add some decent DPS, actually I am more into survivability so I choose:

Edit2:
Damage got not much better, tried some different approach with CWDT and Eye Of Innocence and such but not much successfull yet...
Maybe the Build is just not much endgame viable.
Last edited by Mirathas on Jan 14, 2020, 1:35:13 PM
Hello :) So I am a work in progress. I am sorta of a noob :)
I have been practicing all kinds of different builds trying to figure out what I want to start the next league with!
I have been taking peoples builds and adjusting them to what I find.
When I read your posts about DPS issues I changed some skills up and so far (I am sure it will get tougher) bosses melt at a reasonable rate.
Nothing like minions lol but I do not think anything else is atm.
So here is my work in progress.
Tell me what you think :) I have an open mind :)

Its still tanky, need to avoid some boss mechs, but I only die when I do something silly :)

Bear in mind Currency has been non existent for me lol I will get another scepter with added dmg on endurance charge as soon as I can. And of course work on rings and amulets :) and find a better chest lol :)

Last edited by koshdinot on Feb 6, 2020, 12:31:24 PM
Hi,

nice to hear someone still trying, Could you share some more details?
Which Bosses did you do so far (because DPS issues start around T14+)
Also would it be possible for you to make your characters public?

regards
Mirathas
I will figure out how to make it public :) I have only just hit 70 and no big bosses yet. I will let you know how that goes. I am also going to see how far I can go in delve on it. I think as a league starter to get to 70 or 80 and then delve for currency. It will be great its a really fun build too.

I think I made it public let me know if its not I will try again :)
Last edited by koshdinot on Feb 6, 2020, 1:52:01 PM
More details, Firestorm and Fireball proc almost non stop. So do Detonate Dead, Cremation and Volatile dead. When I pop Vaal Molten Shell, Vaal Fireball and Vaal cyclone its a massive dps spike. Im not able to use anger yet so that will increase the DPS some. Mixed with the non stop procs from Wave and Purifying. Its a fire wrecking ball. I will work on gear get more life and fire damage on everything and damage per endurance charge and see how far I can get.
So last night I removed added fire damage and cyclone and put in a lvl 21 Molten Stike and Multistrike and its insane lol I really hope this works when I get higher cause its hilarious :)

Dps number in character doubled.

But its not as fun a cyclone but humor me a little of all the gems slotted putting molten strike in with cyclone almost doubles the dps shown in character. Molten Strike has a green check next to it when hovering over Cast on crit. The skill does not grey out however so I am not sure what its doing cause everything just explodes so I see no animation from it. But it def increases the dps more than any other gem I have slotted :) See what it does on your build when you get bored :) It maybe a bug its weird but it significantly increases the dps :)
Last edited by koshdinot on Feb 7, 2020, 1:19:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info