[3.9] Animate Weapon Chains of Command powerful life flask Build /

how do we go about buying the right timeless jewel for this build?
"
Wolfywing wrote:
how do we go about buying the right timeless jewel for this build?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/JrWKqJil
Let's pray for good passive change
having a bit of difficulty scaling minion damage and defences without shelling out 40 exalts, any tips on what I can do currently? char is Rageanim
"
Wolfywing wrote:
having a bit of difficulty scaling minion damage and defences without shelling out 40 exalts, any tips on what I can do currently? char is Rageanim

I have tried chains of command in 3.9.
I used about 3ex for equipment (player + AG).
Firepower and defense are somehow sufficient.
Sirus was defeated.
This is the current POB.
https://pastebin.com/BDLk1wpg
I've been playing my own build with chains of command. It's got amazing damage (1.5m - 2.5m shaper DPS per weapon) but only ~4k EHP.

I use Paradoxica on the Guardian and scale it with Crown of the Tyrant, Wrath, Smite, Abyss Jewels, etc. My defenses come from Aura effectiveness (+87%) and Purities (this brings up my guardian's resistances to 90% elemental with elemental army). For armor I use Garb of the Ephemeral on my guardian. This gives it curse immunity, crit immunity, allies cannot be frozen, allies cannot have temporal chains, and 20% less elemental damage taken.

I only have issues with sustainability when my AG runs into Sirius' damage over time. I think I can fix this if I use equipment similar to TENPURAUDON.

On large bosses I use Phase Run to avoid aggro (minions also have taunt+blind chance).

I have the issues where I'm using necromantic aegis for a huge damage boost (100% more damage). I want to not rely on it but it's very strong.

"
bheefrap wrote:
I've been playing my own build with chains of command. It's got amazing damage (1.5m - 2.5m shaper DPS per weapon) but only ~4k EHP.

I use Paradoxica on the Guardian and scale it with Crown of the Tyrant, Wrath, Smite, Abyss Jewels, etc. My defenses come from Aura effectiveness (+87%) and Purities (this brings up my guardian's resistances to 90% elemental with elemental army). For armor I use Garb of the Ephemeral on my guardian. This gives it curse immunity, crit immunity, allies cannot be frozen, allies cannot have temporal chains, and 20% less elemental damage taken.

I only have issues with sustainability when my AG runs into Sirius' damage over time. I think I can fix this if I use equipment similar to TENPURAUDON.

On large bosses I use Phase Run to avoid aggro (minions also have taunt+blind chance).

I have the issues where I'm using necromantic aegis for a huge damage boost (100% more damage). I want to not rely on it but it's very strong.

great.
I like tanky builds.
I want to try some of the methods you have taught.

Thanks for your comment :)
"
bheefrap wrote:

Hello, I'm pretty interested in your variation of the build, could you give me more details on what you put on your animate guardian gear wise?
Did you use dual paradoxica or a shield on the guardian? What about the gloves?

I recently lost all guardian gear on a bug on log out and trying to find other ways to use this build :)
"
Foumofu wrote:
"
bheefrap wrote:

Hello, I'm pretty interested in your variation of the build, could you give me more details on what you put on your animate guardian gear wise?

I recently lost all guardian gear on a bug on log out and trying to find other ways to use this build :)

Sure, I use:

Weapon: Paradoxica (Attack speed + elemental penetration OR critical strike multi)
Shield: Free slot. I'm using Whakatutuki o Matua for some regeneration and slows but a +2 minimum endurance charge shield is amazing as well
Helm: Delve -9% Lightning and Fire Resist to nearby enemies. I'm also thinking of using the stitched demon helm. Warning, don't use Aul's helmet. The aura from it makes it so that you can't proc EE as easily.
Chest: Garb of the Ephemeral. Amazing, allies can't be slowed, allies can't be crit, gives guardian better stats, etc. Alternatively sporeguard helps with clears.
Gloves: Asenath's gentle touch. Best gloves for fast clear speed. Warning, you can't use other curses unless you have +1 curse limit. For this build Assassin's mark adds about 10% dps.
Boots: Free slot. I use voidwalkers for phasing.

As for tankiness, I switch out some of my gear so now I use the following auras:

Purity of Ice/Fire/Lightning Level 23 + Precision Level 23 (Alpha's Howl), Grace, Anger, Wrath (All three of these on March of the Legion), Smite (Level 21+, or you can use the unique weapon which gives Level 30). I have a Timeless Jewel which gives me 45% aura effectiveness and 80% minion damage with only 10 points of investment off the travel nodes! By adding flat damage like this, and doubling it using Paradoxica results in huge dps.

For more defenses on your characters, use Watcher's eye with -10% Physical taken as Fire/Cold/Lightning (I have one with 2 of these mods). Grace+Evasion flask gives me about 26000 total evasion. Vaal Grace gives me about 50% Dodge/Spell Dodge. Bone offering adds about 20% Block/Spell block.

If you're willing to give up 50% dps, it's a good idea to use a good max res shield to bring up elemental resistances to near 90% and get that extra block chance/life.

Overall, it's very easy to get over at least 1M DPS with just a paradoxica+necromantic aegis/vicario's charity+auras.

Edit: As for bossing, I have the ascendant-pathfinder ascendancy which gives me 3 flask charges/ 3 seconds. With all my buffs I get +160% increased flask charge recovery, so 7.8 flask charges / 3 seconds * 3 writhing jars = 23.4 flask charges / 3 seconds (which is about 2 writhing jar uses every 3 seconds). This is how to sustain animated weapons on bosses.
Last edited by bheefrap on Dec 28, 2019, 8:52:08 PM
"
bheefrap wrote:
"
Foumofu wrote:
"
bheefrap wrote:

Sure, I use:

Weapon: Paradoxica (Attack speed + elemental penetration OR critical strike multi)
Shield: Free slot. I'm using Whakatutuki o Matua for some regeneration and slows but a +2 minimum endurance charge shield is amazing as well
Helm: Delve -9% Lightning and Fire Resist to nearby enemies. I'm also thinking of using the stitched demon helm. Warning, don't use Aul's helmet. The aura from it makes it so that you can't proc EE as easily.
Chest: Garb of the Ephemeral. Amazing, allies can't be slowed, allies can't be crit, gives guardian better stats, etc. Alternatively sporeguard helps with clears.
Gloves: Asenath's gentle touch. Best gloves for fast clear speed. Warning, you can't use other curses unless you have +1 curse limit. For this build Assassin's mark adds about 10% dps.
Boots: Free slot. I use voidwalkers for phasing.

As for tankiness, I switch out some of my gear so now I use the following auras:

Purity of Ice/Fire/Lightning Level 23 + Precision Level 23 (Alpha's Howl), Grace, Anger, Wrath (All three of these on March of the Legion), Smite (Level 21+, or you can use the unique weapon which gives Level 30). I have a Timeless Jewel which gives me 45% aura effectiveness and 80% minion damage with only 10 points of investment off the travel nodes! By adding flat damage like this, and doubling it using Paradoxica results in huge dps.

For more defenses on your characters, use Watcher's eye with -10% Physical taken as Fire/Cold/Lightning (I have one with 2 of these mods). Grace+Evasion flask gives me about 26000 total evasion. Vaal Grace gives me about 50% Dodge/Spell Dodge. Bone offering adds about 20% Block/Spell block.

If you're willing to give up 50% dps, it's a good idea to use a good max res shield to bring up elemental resistances to near 90% and get that extra block chance/life.

Overall, it's very easy to get over at least 1M DPS with just a paradoxica+necromantic aegis/vicario's charity+auras.

Edit: As for bossing, I have the ascendant-pathfinder ascendancy which gives me 3 flask charges/ 3 seconds. With all my buffs I get +160% increased flask charge recovery, so 7.8 flask charges / 3 seconds * 3 writhing jars = 23.4 flask charges / 3 seconds (which is about 2 writhing jar uses every 3 seconds). This is how to sustain animated weapons on bosses.

Thanks for teaching good techniques.
I will consider whether it can be incorporated.
How did ya'll lvl this build? Any tips?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info