POE in Crisis - Perception that GGG Doesn't Care About Player Conduct

The Cadiro issue illustrates my point. Griefers caught on to that dynamic and started griefing each other. They would set up a map to have the portal near "insta-death" of one form or another and then post that they wanted to trade for coins... as much as you got!

Of course people answered, planning to take what ever deal he had and jumped in the map and died. They got really creative with it.

It's not against the rules to enter a persons map. It's not against the rules to trick someone into doing it. There's at least a half dozen things you can do within the rules that are going to really piss someone off. Being aware of these is sufficient to thwart them. That's why GGG is silent on the issue. Monitoring player conduct isn't their job.
I always found it laughable at how hard they crack down on "name calling".

Id much rather be called a name than getting scammed. Then again im an adult who knows about "sticks and stones".

GGG needs to decide if they are hands on or hands off.
Last edited by Chadwixx on Jul 30, 2019, 7:51:27 PM
Having the Koreans come to what you'd call the English server was a fucking stupid idea. They should've gone to Chinese server or something hell they'd even get better ping there. Since they came scams have increased tenfold, price fixing x hundreds. Most I've ran into are rude, try to enter maps when the trade comes to low c. I shouldn't have to hide my maps device in my hideout just to trade. It's ridiculous. At least with Garana moving to global servers majority of them speak English.
Last edited by opeth on Jul 31, 2019, 9:53:00 PM
"
Chadwixx wrote:
I always found it laughable at how hard they crack down on "name calling".

Id much rather be called a name than getting scammed. Then again im an adult who knows about "sticks and stones".

GGG needs to decide if they are hands on or hands off.

That's a legal thing in New Zealand. They have anti-bullying laws.
Chicken Little... is that you?
Lol, welcome to online gaming??

"
Bottom line, its GGG's fault players are acting inappropriately.

No, it's the player's fault. There will always be rude and nice people, this will never change.

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
opeth wrote:
Having the Koreans come to what you'd call the English server was a fucking stupid idea. They should've gone to Chinese server or something hell they'd even get better ping there. Since they came scams have increased tenfold, price fixing x hundreds. Most I've ran into are rude, try to enter maps when the trade comes to low c. I shouldn't have to hide my maps device in my hideout just to trade. It's ridiculous. At least with Garana moving to global servers majority of them speak English.

The most important point I want to make here is that I have never been scammed in PoE, nor have I ever had someone try to scam me here, and this includes, obviously, Korean players.

I am about to share some information, that I know some people are really going to rage over:

I lived in S. Korea for over 5 years. I've been called a liar before, but based on the time I spent in S.Korea, this post about the increase in scams and price fixing aligns with a lot TRUTH in S.Korea, throughout every facet of their society. This isn't about 'hating' or 'shaming' another culture. It's about facts. Go see for yourself if you have any doubts.

Many S. Koreans quit playing Diablo 2 because nobody wanted to play with them. Does anyone remember that? I do and all too well. At one time there were tons... next moment... none.

Scams and price fixing etc. since the Korean population has joined POE is NOT a coincidence. I'm quite pleased that someone had the courage to bring this up (I'm surprised it hasn't been deleted yet by GGG - or my response right here for that matter).

I don't agree with 'moving them to a Chinese server or something' - that's way too racially bias for my taste.

However, most people have no idea about other cultures and therefore expect to be treated quite similar as their own culture... and this lack of knowledge is the primary source of a lot of people's mistakes (and conclusive "I just got scammed").

So what to do about this? Just be aware that's all... not all Koreans (in this case) are going to try and deceive or scam you. But with a large population of S. Koreans in PoE now, you can bet that there will be an increase in certain types of behavior in the PoE community.

PoE is now full of players from cultures where scamming doesn't just 'happen'... it's common place. Factor that into your calculations anytime you interact with a stranger here on PoE and you'll save yourself a ton of frustration.
There's devils on each side of you with bottles in their hands.
You need one more drop of poison and you'll dream of foreign lands.
Was easy to avoid these annoyances by just ignoring those with korean names.
"
megtron wrote:
Was easy to avoid these annoyances by just ignoring those with korean names.

Can't tell you how many times I've clicked a name on path/trade that looked english and was actually asiatic characters that I've had to delete.
The Xenophobia is starting to reach some alarming levels here folks.

GGG being a New Zealand company has to abide by the laws in NZ.

Also most companies tend to not disclose their moderation practices, it can go to dark places. *like how fellow f2p game Warframe refuses to release a list of words that'll get you chat banned.....for obvious reasons"
Last edited by AldarisGrave on Aug 2, 2019, 8:08:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info