Animation Feedback

We'd like to know all you have to say about the animations in the game - both character animations and monster animations. Is there anything that sticks out as unnatural or bad compared to the rest? Is the way certain weapons are used just unrealistic? Are any animations or actions too long or too short?

And any other comments of course!
Omnitect of Wraeclast
Last edited by Erik on Feb 15, 2018, 10:35:52 PM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2017, 1:51:49 PM
I have noticed that the major thing people complained about when I showed them the game were the character animations, especially but not exclusively the ones of the Duelist.
Opinions ranged from "looks a bit chunky" to "everything moves like a wet towel".
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dust7 wrote:
Opinions ranged from "looks a bit chunky" to "everything moves like a wet towel".

Most characters feel a little slow in the beginning. Once you get some passives and equipment that can boost your attack and movement speeds then things feel a lot better.
Forum Sheriff
I personally feel that the 2 handed sword animation feel a bit dull. I cant put my finger on what it is, it just doesnt feel right for me. I think it lacks some punch and power in the swing
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Not to be picky, but kinda expected the duelist animations to be more fluid, more "fencer-like".. to give the feeling of a character who is fast on his feet and quick with both hands...

I think skills like dual strike and cleave could be give 2 animations that randomly alternate between them.. so that we dont see the same "one sweep" movement for cleave.. i'm sure the guys at GOG can make say... a swipe where both weapons swing outwards? or a 360 spin once in awhile?
I would like to see more animations for each weapon, for example for a 2hand sword you can have the overhead slash you have now but also add a side slash.

Overall i just want to see more varity in the attack animations.
I think the Duelist is too top heavy. Are his legs too short, arms too big? I am not sure. But I much prefer the animation of the Ranger. It seems well balanced.
And man, did he look pretty ill
"
wakko wrote:
I personally feel that the 2 handed sword animation feel a bit dull. I cant put my finger on what it is, it just doesnt feel right for me. I think it lacks some punch and power in the swing

agreed.. dont feel as much "power" in my hits with my duelist..

also, crits should feel n sound more like crits.. more oomph and sharp sounds n a little more blood to show that we have "fatally wounded" a certain monster..
Are the human thug/bandit-type enemies capable of running?
Most of the time, they're just kind of waddling around like the skeletons do.
Hmmm. I actually wanted to create an individual thread about this matter, but i can understand that building or rendering a new animation is a both money and time consuming process. That being said, under the current circumstances I think that we can all live with what we got.

If you are asking about bugs or any noticeable mistakes in animations currently, I have nothing worrying to report. Animations in general seem beautiful and one can notice easily the great amount of time that has been given to that part.

However, imo animations look quite "smooth", and sometimes in a huge degree. For example my marauder. When he lands his gigantic bardiche, the whole animation seems, I dont know how to say this, soft?
I expected him to be more vivid, rugged, like he is hitting brutally something and receives back a shock. He needs to be more let's say jittery. I hope that you can get my point.

As for the rest of the classes, I haven't played any of them yet, but from what I have witnessed so far (both in-game and gameplay videos)the same thing applies here as well.

I honestly don't know if building all those animations to be more jittery is worth it, but If you guys could do it, it would be awesome. Although this quote from trapp gives me high hopes

"
tpapp157 wrote:
Most characters feel a little slow in the beginning. Once you get some passives and equipment that can boost your attack and movement speeds then things feel a lot better.

best regards

EDIT: maybe a solution to this matter is to make the time length of the fighting animations a little bit shorter, like 0.2 sec, especially in the end. That way, the "smooth' effect might be lowered.
---------------------------------------------------
~ Main character: Butcher (marauder, softcore) ~
Last edited by greatjh1 on Aug 14, 2011, 9:05:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info