[3.7] Perforate Gladiator

Introduction
Welcome to my first guide of the "melee league," Legion. I've put together the tankiest character with the best single target damage I've ever made. It's a ton of fun, and you feel really powerful being able to facetank virtually everything in the game while still doing the deeps.

Here is the video guide. It goes into more detail than this TLDW version of the guide.

Is this build for you?
This build is incredibly tanky, is amazing for killing bosses, and maintains respectable clear speed and fantastic mobility. It does require significant buff management to maximize the aforementioned benefits.

Spoiler
Archetype: Melee but AOE ground targeting instead of namelock.

Mobility: Both high movement and attack speed allow for a really responsive shield charge and easy navigation of awkward terrain.

AOE clear: The pack clear is respectable, but definitely not the build's strong suit.

Single target damage: The single target damage is fantastic, especially considering the defensive capabilities of the build. You could eek quite a bit more damage out of the build if you sacrifice some defense to do so.

Hardcore viability/tankiness: This is the tankiest build I have ever played. DoT is the only thing that is occasionally scary, but it is rarely noticeable.

Ease of play: Every skill on the bar is active. You definitely need to manage your buffs properly in order to maximize the defensive and offensive potential of the build.

Gear
This section of my video guide goes through my gear choices and discusses other gearing options.

Spoiler

Skill Rollout
For a bit more detailed discussion of the gem setup, check out this section of my video guide.

Spoiler

Perforate
Close Combat
Brutality
Rage
Multistrike
Impale

Vaal ancestral warchief
Shield charge
Faster attacks
Fortify

Blood and Sand
Vulnerability
Blasphemy

Reckoning (from shield)
Brutality
Melee physical
Impale

Precision
Dread banner
Molten shell
Pride

Blood rage
Tempest shield
Cast when damage taken
Berserk

Passive Skill Tree/PoB
For a more detailed look at my choices on the passive tree, check out this section of my video guide.

Spoiler
Passive tree on official site

POB pastebin - https://pastebin.com/cfYLLDb0

Please, if you have any further questions or comments let me know; I would love some feedback. I hope this guide format makes it easy to get the information you want without having to go through a bunch of information that doesn't interest you. You can also find me streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/cowpimp to maybe see the build in action and ask me questions live. Cheers!

Check out my other guides here:
List of forum guides
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2019, 2:11:40 AM
This looks good, nice job. Having some fun with it so far, been wanting to do a perf build but never considered going block glad. Seems like the best utilization of the skill Ive seen.
Setting up my gear for this character:

Can't wait to hit the levels!

Do you recommend any of the helm enchants that just dropped?
Last edited by c8die on Jul 25, 2019, 4:53:44 PM
"
warmuth wrote:
This looks good, nice job. Having some fun with it so far, been wanting to do a perf build but never considered going block glad. Seems like the best utilization of the skill Ive seen.

Very kind of you to say! I think it works best with tanky builds. The high base damage allows you to get away with building a ton of defense and still having solid damage output.
"
c8die wrote:
Setting up my gear for this character:

Can't wait to hit the levels!

Do you recommend any of the helm enchants that just dropped?

The +2 spikes one is fucking nuts. That's 33% more damage on average. I don't know if I'll go back and try to farm one, but maybe so since it'll probably be "cheap." This isn't a very popular skill.
Might take a while, people are really excited to be the first ones to be selling the enchants and charging accordingly. Should flood the perforate market soon enough though haha.
"
warmuth wrote:
Might take a while, people are really excited to be the first ones to be selling the enchants and charging accordingly. Should flood the perforate market soon enough though haha.

Yeah, tried last night and everyone is trying to get 5-15ex for crappy bases. Found an eternal burgonet (85) today for no listed price, and paid 1ex.

I’m considering the 40% as so far my biggest issue is breaking out legion in a timely manner. Slows me down a bit to have to stay in one spot trying to do enough damage to make sure I get the icons freed.
"
c8die wrote:
"
warmuth wrote:

Yeah, tried last night and everyone is trying to get 5-15ex for crappy bases. Found an eternal burgonet (85) today for no listed price, and paid 1ex.

I actually just got a windfall of currency from some big ticket items selling, so maybe I'll go back and buy it. I might try to put together an expensive build though after I finish leveling my current one. Good to know!
"
warmuth wrote:
I’m considering the 40% as so far my biggest issue is breaking out legion in a timely manner. Slows me down a bit to have to stay in one spot trying to do enough damage to make sure I get the icons freed.

Definitely a weakness of the build. You can try using Haemophilia gloves or the new gloves that apply Temp Chains and give a corpse explosion. Using Abyssal Cry could also help. If you use the Temp Chains gloves you will need to give up the Vuln curse or craft an extra curse on your chest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info