[3.9-3.17] The Gen Chief Berserker (WIP) | 🐾GoccuNinja🐾 League Starter | All Content | ~2-6M+

Changelog Last Update: 2022/02/20

2022/02/20
- updated POB with 3.17 Skill Tree

2021-02-02
- added Leveling Guide Act 1-6

Update for 3.9:
All items are stil available.

Edit 01.11.2019:
POB Update (including Endgame Gear and optimized Pathing). Check it out!

Edit 30.10.2019:
As I have planned to play this Build for doing Endgame Content, I was able to update the POB to the correct Version. I will keep this Guide up to date as I go :)

Edit 20.10.2019: The 3.7 Version including the POB is still viable for 3.8 as we have the Glorious Vanity Jewels in 3.8
I will have a look into the POB for 3.8 and upgrade the Guide asap.

Leveing Guide

Act 1-3: Use Ground Slam. As soon as Sunder becomes available switch to Sunder. Use Ancenstral Projector Totem for DPS increase.

Act 3-6: Use Cyclone in your 4 Link. Use 4 Link (Vaal) Warchief Totems for DPS increase. Equip Facebreaker with a Shield (State: Life, Flat physical Damage, Res)

Skilltree Act 1-6: Follow the SKilltree, and focus on the Life Nodes. Take the Keynode Call to Arms after you get "War Bringer" from first Lab.

Act 6: Remove the facebreakers. Use Gloves with Res, Life and Flat Phys if possible. Equip Rigwalds Charge.
Gloves: Vaal Double Strike for additional DPS.
Weapon: Warchief Totems with Multiple Totems Support and faster Attacks, Ruthless.
Body: Cyclone, Rage Support, Pulverise, Melee Phys.

Level 100 Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/8AegrGvw

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
0. Intro
1. Videos
2. Pro & Contra
3. Ascendancy
4. Pantheon
5. Skilltree
6. Bandits
7. Defense & Offence
8. Gear
-> 8.1 Overview Gear
-> 8.2 Detailed Gear
9. Usefull Enchantments
-> 9.1 Helmet
-> 9.2 Boots
-> 9.3 Gloves

Introduction

Short Mechanics Explanation:
This Build works around the Berserker Ascendancy "Rite of Ruin". The Ascendancy "Rite of Ruin" is crucial as it triples the effect of Rage. The Berserk Buff consumes Rage while giving more Multiplier to Attack Speed.

Ancestral Warchief Totems get "charged" up by all your Buffs, which is the Main Damage Source for Bosses.

Any Melee Attack Skill can be used, as it is mainly used to get Rage and Life/ES leech.

Update 07-08-2019 Uber Elder (not deathless though ;D)
https://youtu.be/1jvV0x-qDHI

T13 Terrace on Budget Friendly Gear:
https://youtu.be/FeRREeexdxY

T16 Maze of the Minotaur, deathless, fast
https://youtu.be/VmjLUTOZ2ZY

Pro:
~ 6k Life
~2k ES
8-10k armor
40% phys damage reduction
82% physical Damage reduction / 33% chance to deal Double Damage (Craiceans vs Saqawals)
Immune to Bleed (if using Craiceans)
Slayer Life Leech
High Mobility (Higher Mobility with Saqawals)
High Survivability
Doesnt require expensive Gear

Contra:
- no phys reflect
- Sometimes hard to get Rage and Blitz on Bosses
- advanced playstyle, not for beginners

Ascendancy

More Heal (recommended):

More Attack Speed:

More Damage:

We take the Berserker Class for MAX ATTACK SPEED

Rite of Ruin is crucial as it triples the Rage effect and give stun immunity.

we DONT take Pain reaver as we get enough Life leech from Martial Experience and we get Mana leech from Jewels or Gear. Look for "X% of physical damage leeched as mana" on Jewels/Rings or Gloves.

Pantheon

For Uber Elder:
Major -> Soul of the Brine King (Fully upgraded) gives Freeze immunity
Minor -> SOUL OF YUGUL - Reflects Freeze and Chill

Skilltree and Pastebin

We take Martial Experience for Life Leech and Recovery Rate.

Next take Razors Edge, Devotion and Barbarism for Life and DPS.

And then we head on towards the Duelist Area:

We spec to the Battle Cry Keystone. Battle Cry removes the Cast Time on Enduring Cry. That will make you able to use Enduring Cry while Flicker Strikying, and get Endurance Charges while Attacking.

In the Bottom right corner, we have a Glorious Vanity Timeless Jewel. The Number on the Jewel is not important, but it must be one of the Name of Doryani. It enables the "Corrupted Souls Keystone. This gives us 1k+ ES, and together with the Soul Tether (4c) we also get ES Leech and Slayer Leech!

We take some Life and crit nodes around the Duelist Area.

We skip the Sword nodes Executioner and Wrecking Ball.
(We get enough Attack Speed from Rage and Blitz, and get more damage with Crit Multi).

Finally boost our damage with Disemboweling (in the Left Bottom Corner Berserker section)

PASTEBIN

Level 100 Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/ZUmTzCEc

Kill all Bandits

Hideout Stats with Flasks

Budget Gear Overview

Expensive Gear Overview

Most expensive so far

Gear Details

Starforge is an expensive Option, which increased DPS by applying Schock

The Doomsower is our Budget Option. It gives up to 500pdps, and cost only 1c.

If you cannot afford a Craiceann's Carpace, a Bramblejack will do!

Upgrade it via the Prophecy to the Wall of Brambles, which give us up to 2500 Armor.
I used it before I could 6L my Craiceanns. A 6L Bramblejack is 20c on POE.Trade

Use Rare Gloves with Res and Life. I use an Elder one in my expensive Setup. It has a socketed Faster Attacks mod, which increases my Leap Slam Speed.

Body Gem Setup:
Ancestral Warchief, Melee Physical Damage, Mutiple Totems Support, Bloodlust, Ruthless, Concentrated Effect

Bloodlust give 50%+ more phys damage but our Totems dont apply bleeding. We use double Strike to apply bleeding.

Doomsower / Starforge Gem Setup:
Vaal Double Strike, Rage Supprt, Multistrike, Melee Physical Damage Support, Ruthless, Fortify

BIS Body Armour and Cheap (20c on market). It gives up to 2.5k Armor, Good Life, Nice Fire/Cold Res, Bleed Immunity. And it gives us Aspect of the Crab, which give us additional 30% physical damage reduction and safe us from getting one shot.

We use double strike on Bosses and single Target. It give us Fortify, apply bleed, which boost the DPS for Ancestral Warchief Totems.

Gem Links for Terminus Est:
Fortify, Flicker Strike, Multistrike, Melee Splash, increased critical Strikes, Anestral Call

If you prefer Cyclone:
Fortify, Cyclone, Pulverise, Rage, increased area of effect, Maim

If you need more damage, you can swap out increased area of effect with infused channeling.
Fortify, Cyclone, Pulverise, Rage, infused channeling, Maim

You can also use Bladestorm:
Bladestorm, Fortify, Impale, Rage, increased critical damage, Maim

Bladestorm can be especially Handy if you can't get close to the Enemy to leech Life. It will create a Storm, which constantly damages the Enemy, and give you Life/Mana Leech and stach up Rage+Blitz.

We use Terminus Est which give us Frenzy Charges on Hit. It has other good stats as well, like Attack Speed, increased Phys, and movement speed is also nice to have.

Gem Setup:
Cast When Damage Taken (lv 20), Ice Golem, Immortal Call, Vaal Molten Shell

Abyssus, for DPS (In my Opinion, BIS)
Another Option: Devoto's Devotion for 20% increased Movement Speed and more Defense. If you need the Tankyness.

We use High LVL CWDT linked with Immortal Call and Ice Golem and Vaal Molten Shell. Keep your Vaal Molten Shell under 21 to enable auto cast Molten Shell with CWDT.

We cast Vaal Molten Shell for Tankyness.

The Oskarm Gloves give Assassins Mark on Hit. Better would be a rare Shaper Ring with Assassins Mark on Hit and you can use rare Gloves, for example:

Gem Setup:
Leap Slam, Enduring Cry, Vaal Haste, Blood Magic

Rare Gloves, with Life, Res, missing Stats.
BIS: Rare Elder Gloves with "Supported by Level x Faster Attacks" for more mobility, Attack Speed, Add x to x Physical Damage, Crit Multi.

Get Rare Boots with Armour or ES based Boots with Life, res, Movement Speed:

I am using Skyforth at the Moment of writing this Guide, because it fits very good into my Build and gives me 25% Chance to gain a Power Charge:

Gem Setup:
Berserk, Precision (lv 1), Pride, Enlighten

Soul Tether give us Slayer Life Leech. This enable us to leech ES instead of Life when at full Life. We use a Timeless Jewel Together with the "Corrupted Soul" Keystone in the bottom right corner of the Skilltree to Boost our ES.

Use the Timeless Jewel, important is the one with the Doryani Roll. It enables the "Corrupted Souls" Keystone and is socketed in the bottom right corner Jewel Socket.

In my Endgame Setup I use Solstice Vigils to increase the Berserk Buff. It also helps Sustaining Rage and Blitz during Mapping.

Other Options:

Phys Damage, Crit Multi, Melee Attack Range, Melee Damage, missing Stats, Life

I use a Shaper Ring with Assassins Mark on Hit.
I also additionally have the Shaper roll with additionally x% chance to Shock (it is a Shaper mod, up to 10% possible). It increaes the Chance to shock if we using the Starforge.

Try using Diamond Ring with Life, Res, ES, Crit Multi, Add x to x Phys to attacks, missing Stats:

If you have the currency, get a Tempered Flesh Jewel

socketed near the Slaughter Node. This give you crit multi.

Useful Enchantments

For DPS:
40% increased Ancestral Warchief Totem Damage
30% increased Berserk Buff effect

10% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite if you haven't Crit Recently
10% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently

Commandment of Reflection
Commandment of Fury

====================================================================
Social Media

Twitter: I don't share secrets
Facebook: Whats App dude?
Instagram: Insta what?

Keep it real <3
Last edited by Gochugamer on Feb 20, 2022, 8:29:57 AM
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2020, 10:01:43 AM
amazing build guide <3
Thank you! I appreciate any Kind of Feedback :)

I have added a new Video "T12 Kitava fight on Lava Lake" and doing a General there as well. I used Berserk too early while fighting the General but otherwise clean run.
I have added a Shaper run in the Video section, if anyone is interested.
I have changed the Title and added a low Budget Section.
Last edited by Gochugamer on Jul 20, 2019, 9:30:57 PM
I have added a Low Budget T13 Terrace run Video in the Video Section.
nice guide
ingame: _vio_
I added Video doing Shaper on Leveling Gear, total Cost 49C, Check it out!
https://youtu.be/SzM_WMwgpew
Last edited by Gochugamer on Jul 25, 2019, 8:22:37 AM
Uber Elder Down bro's!
I will upload the Video asap. Thanks!
Update on Ascendancy:
I did a little change to the Ascendancy. Instead of Rite of Ruin, im taking War Bringer. This makes me tanky AF

Trying to make a good Uber Elder Video now.
Last edited by Gochugamer on Aug 6, 2019, 12:00:01 PM
I have added a Uber Elder Youtube Video
Last edited by Gochugamer on Aug 6, 2019, 8:34:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info