Crafting two prefixes?

Hi everybody, i have an Elder Staff with prefix " Socketed gems are supported by level 20 Fortify"

I need to craft another prefix: +2 level of socketed fire gems so, the question is:

May i roll the Prefixes cannot be changed mod and then i can roll the other prefix with chaos orbs? Or i need to roll the two prefixes together with Alterations?

Thank you
Last bumped on Jul 15, 2019, 10:15:25 PM
Do you want your staff to only have 2 stats on it? What are you trying to get at the end?
No, i want 2 necesarely prefixes for my build: +2 level to socketed fire gems and socketed gems supported by level 20 fortify

Now i have the last one on my staff, and i need the first one, so my question is, i have to chance the two prefixes together with alts,or i can sustain the one the i got with the "Prefixes cannot be changed" mod and then chance the other one with chaos orbs
you can NEVER get 2 prefixes with alteration orbs.

alt orbs always give you a magic item. magic items can ONLY have 1 prefix, and 1 suffix. NEVER 2 pre or 2 suff.

Finally an answer, thank you so much!
One more question if anybody read me:

If i sustain one prefix with "Prefixes cannot be changed" and then chance with chaos orbs a second prefix, that last one also cannot be changed? Or i need to roll one more time that "PCBCh" to sustain those two prefixes

Hope you understand me
Didn't answer mine tho :(
You are asking if you should use 2ex craft to get a single crafted mod which makes no sense. Do you know about multimod? You can just get +2 fire gems with essence, annul until that's the only mods left and them multimod 3 more crafted mods on it including +2 support gems
Last edited by Nubatack on Jul 15, 2019, 7:19:49 PM
may I ask what skill is gonna be supported by fortify and also want +2 fire? srs?

the chaos orb idea isnt going to work, the chaos will probably preserve your existing prefix but itll wipe the 2ex bench mod and possibly fill all your suffixes/prefixes, youre getting 1 shot at it and if u dont hit it ur item is ruined, even if u did hit it, which is a 1 in 1000s shot, u might get an awful 3rd prefix and fill all ur suffixes needing to annul at which point again u might mess it up...

if you really want it id look out for one on the market u can strip the other mods off.

http://poe.trade/search/arumorinisikah

if u cant find it and need to make it urself ur probably gonna have to hit the 2nd mod with a regal, which is very hard.

So ud roll till u hit either of the prefixes. To prevent this being crazy expensive what ur best bet is: if you hit one of the mods alone with an alteration, so you have a free suffix, you bench "cannot roll caster mods" which is 5 blessed orbs, then regal. If your alt hits one but its already got a suffix you just got to regal and prey you hit it.

thats crazy hard to hit, but your only other option that I am aware of would be so expensive. That would be to get the fortify mod, regal the item to make it rare, use annuls to try and remove all the other mods so you are left with just the fortify on a rare staff, then you craft: can have multiple mods, cannot roll caster mods, cannot roll attack mods (thats 3 exalts worth of mods) and then you exalt the item.

theres a few mods you can hit at this point, so the odds are you will not hit what you want. The benching and ezalting cost you 4ex, the annuls are expensive, you might mess up your fortify roll by annuling it off... youre probably looking at 6-7 exalts per try, and odds are fairly big against hitting what u want each time. you can attempt to save fails using annuls but even annuls are expensive and odds against each time. imo it would be madness to try this, what if u spend 50 exalts and still havent hit it?

the odds are MASSSIVELY against you doing it with alts, regals and blessed going the alt spam + sometimes cannot roll caster + regal method, but at least its using really cheap currency you can somewhat self farm etc.

http://poe.trade/search/arumorinisikah

theres one online now listed for 2ex, i would just buy that, throw and annul on it, if u wipe a suffix off then boom, u got it, craft prefixes cant be changed, scour the rest of the suffixes off, multimod it and ur done.

If you take online only off theres quite a few on the market, theres a 6 link one for 7 exalts... compared to potential crafting costs it would be crazy to not just buy something like that afaik.
You won't believe me but, swear that one just one regal, i obtained it xD

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/moninchi10/characters
Last edited by moninchi10 on Jul 15, 2019, 9:27:43 PM
still have to make your characters public.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info