[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

Swapping Impact and Overwhelm for Endless Hunger/Brutal Fervour let's you not worry about stuns and it seems to me in PoB to only be a DPS loss. The build seems to have a ton of extra damage so is this not a real option or does this make you lose out on something I'm not seeing. Thanks!
"
Dex2644 wrote:
"
swaes wrote:
Hey Dex, for endgame can I keep the Unwavering stance because I want the resists and attributes from rare rings?

Yes you can. The benefit of doing the mark of the elder is quite big both dps and defense wise as it saves 4 skill points.

But yes the build works perfectly fine without it, in fact I've never used it while playing this build before.

Assuming one has that rings combination, the 4 points you mean are going to be used on the circle below to get Strong Arm?
"
Pranabindu wrote:
Swapping Impact and Overwhelm for Endless Hunger/Brutal Fervour let's you not worry about stuns and it seems to me in PoB to only be a DPS loss. The build seems to have a ton of extra damage so is this not a real option or does this make you lose out on something I'm not seeing. Thanks!

You lose the Aoe radius and I don' really see where you lose DPS,
Last edited by swaes on Jun 19, 2020, 1:26:36 AM
Sorry to ask about this again, but if I'm reading Mark's posts correctly, the 50% cap applies to physical damage reduction. Without that node, your physical damage reduction is already capped at 90%, so wouldn't you be lowering it by taking the node? It seems like that node is more for builds with relatively low armour. Here, the armour is already enough to raise Physical Damage Reduction above 50%.
Last edited by Shin_Gojira on Jun 19, 2020, 2:14:11 AM
Bro I love this build. lol

This is better than the old build that I used months ago. I like how this build just tank my low level duelist in azurite mine more than my geared duelist (using old build).

Will this be effective in the new harvest alloy? Can't wait!
"
Dex2644 wrote:

2h will never compete damage wise with 1h for the simple reason that the Saviour is beyond broken for what it does.

Man, even with 2,200 hours in this game (only across 5 characters tho, I like to min max), it would have taken me *hours* to figure that out.

Thanks much for answering the questions and for making the build. I know there can't be much in it for ya other than just helping people. You did a really good job making this guide easy to understand, and I've subbed to your youtube for future builds.

I hope you have a great league.
"
Bauab wrote:
"
Dex2644 wrote:
"
swaes wrote:
Spoiler
Hey Dex, for endgame can I keep the Unwavering stance because I want the resists and attributes from rare rings?
Spoiler

Yes you can. The benefit of doing the mark of the elder is quite big both dps and defense wise as it saves 4 skill points.

But yes the build works perfectly fine without it, in fact I've never used it while playing this build before.
Spoiler

Assuming one has that rings combination, the 4 points you mean are going to be used on the circle below to get Strong Arm?

No you would take Blade Master if you wanted more DPS and Juggernaut if you wanted life/defense.

"
swaes wrote:
"
Pranabindu wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

You lose the Aoe radius and I don' really see where you lose DPS,

Impact is a huge loss of damage because we lose 15% more damage aswell as 50% global accuracy. If you ditch Impact you might aswell play Champion. Overwhelm is primarily for early game aswell as saving you some currency by not needing crit on your weapons, but if you have insane 450+ pDPS weapons with 7%+ crit then you can remove Overwhelm np.

"
Shin_Gojira wrote:
Spoiler
Sorry to ask about this again, but if I'm reading Mark's posts correctly, the 50% cap applies to physical damage reduction. Without that node, your physical damage reduction is already capped at 90%, so wouldn't you be lowering it by taking the node? It seems like that node is more for builds with relatively low armour. Here, the armour is already enough to raise Physical Damage Reduction above 50%.

In endgame when we have a lot of armour it is a bit of a tradeoff and not guaranteed to be better. Currently I have 56% phys reduction in standard on a relatively good geared char wich means we would lose 6% in favour of much stronger molten shells. If you can consistently sustain endurance charges from Enduring Cry then this benefit fades quite a lot as you would lose 18% phys reduction instead. The other thing to keep in mind is that a lot of our armour comes from Lion's Roar so you could also consider this a buffer while the flask is not up.

Before endgame however, this will be a massive defensive boost since we will cap out at 50% with barely any gear.

Furthermore on the molten shell differences:

Assuming 16k armour with Lion's Roar active we get a 3200 molten shell normally and 6400 with with Imbalanced Guard.

With the same setup our vaal molten shell is 6200 and with Imbalanced Guard that would go up to 12400.
Last edited by Dex2644 on Jun 19, 2020, 5:49:00 AM
maybe remove this line from your pro/cons:

- While our Cyclone area is very big, we are still playing Melee wich is dangerous at time.

I just saw your 3.9 mapping video. That radius is not very big.

Sadly it seems Cyclone these days is not even a Tier A clear skill, but great for survivability and boss damage.
Is this build suitable for beginners?
Hey) i saw that you take 2 passive skills in cheap and expensive gear too, we should do the same? or 2 points it's just to take cluster jewel? if we take 2 passive, do we have enough mana reg? And why you pick Slayer against of Glad?
Last edited by vanyakonoiko262 on Jun 19, 2020, 2:42:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info