3.7| Stress Free PoE - TRIGGER HAPPY |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

I recently decided to try a "zen build" so I can just chill out with a drink and enjoy playing. This build is going awesomely so far, so I can't say enough about how much I appreciate it.

I'll have to see how well it does in mapping, but it looks solid. Thanks so much for sharing it.
"
DecayingStump wrote:
I recently decided to try a "zen build" so I can just chill out with a drink and enjoy playing. This build is going awesomely so far, so I can't say enough about how much I appreciate it.

I'll have to see how well it does in mapping, but it looks solid. Thanks so much for sharing it.
Hey DecayingStump,

Thanks for the thanks! I'm glad you found a build that matched your preference. Let me know what you think as you keep going. I have a couple of videos that show what the build is like in the center of the atlas if you're curious. Obviously, you can make any changes you like. Thanks again for the kind post! Have fun!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
Mirinoy wrote:
Good day!

I still play this build, and I'm close to level 90.
I don’t remember when it was the last time, because 80+ was usually the limit, then I got tired and started a new character.

So, I'm running with Scaeva.
I tried several swords in POB with PDPS 400-420.
I see almost no increase in DPS or it is so insignificant that it’s definitely not worth a few exalts.

Am I again missing something or is this a normal situation?
I'm glad you're enjoying the build enough that you're close to 90. Good job.

After loading up your character in PoB and setting up the configuration tab, I'm getting just under 20'000 more DPS by using the Tiger Hook. Scaeva is at 185'000 while adding the default rare Tiger Hook increased the DPS to 203'000. Was that the same margin you had?

Edit: Shaper DPS

Greetings!

Was wrong.
Everything is very well added to the total DPS, starting with PDPS 410.
As a result, I look at the numbers and everything is fine, but I did not buy the sword. I can not choose the optimal ratio between DPS and greed .-))

Question- I see here is a sword with an 18% chance on Impale.
But only 413 PDPS.
Impale at the same time greatly boosts physical damage, as I understand it.

I would like to hear your opinion whether to buy this sword or take something with 430-440 PDPS.

The difference in Total DPS between a sword with Impale and a sword with a large pDPS of about 40k in favor of the latter in POB.
Again Impale POB doesn't normally count.
"
Mirinoy wrote:
Greetings!

Was wrong.
As a result, I look at the numbers and everything is fine, but I did not buy the sword. I can not choose the optimal ratio between DPS and greed .-))

But only 413 PDPS.

I would like to hear your opinion whether to buy this sword or take something with 430-440 PDPS.

The difference in Total DPS between a sword with Impale and a sword with a large pDPS of about 40k in favor of the latter in POB.
If the sword has an 18% chance to Impale on Hit, that'd be a great sword! Cyclone hits so often that you'd have Impale on Rare and Unique enemies all the time. I think it'd be a great addition. Without actually seeing the swords I like the Impale option better. But if you're jumping up to 430+, there isn't really a wrong answer.

Let us know what you pick :).

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
Mirinoy wrote:
Greetings!

Was wrong.

But only 413 PDPS.

If the sword has an 18% chance to Impale on Hit, that'd be a great sword! Cyclone hits so often that you'd have Impale on Rare and Unique enemies all the time. I think it'd be a great addition. Without actually seeing the swords I like the Impale option better. But if you're jumping up to 430+, there isn't really a wrong answer.

Let us know what you pick :).

Greetings!

I pick this sword.
It cost only 2 ex.

Started to die on red maps.
I'm dying from corrupted blood.
Sometimes bleeding.

It's time to change gloves, boots and a belt for something adequate.
Last edited by Mirinoy on Aug 19, 2019, 6:53:32 AM
"
Mirinoy wrote:
Greetings!

I pick this sword.
It cost only 2 ex.

Started to die on red maps.
I'm dying from corrupted blood.
Sometimes bleeding.

It's time to change gloves, boots and a belt for something adequate.
Sweet sword! Nice buy.

Ya, with fast movement speed, along with being used to blocking so much, DoT can be surprising. I have my 4 health flasks setup to remove bleed and my escape flask to remove freezing. It works well for me and I didn't have to change much on gear. Though being immune to bleed via an item mod is always refreshing too ;).

Annnnnd

"
New player here and looking to try it in SSF, is it advised?

(my opinion)

Yes, with an asterisk.

The asterisk regards the weapon. You will be able to find swords that work, and there are some not uncommon uniques that fit well ... but in my opinion, getting a nice sword would be very RNG in SSF. It all depends on what your aspirations are. If you just want to check out the lay of the land, this Build will serve wonderfully (go through the Acts, start on Maps). At some point though, you will likely really want a better weapon. The Gladiator Block is absolutely awesome but it does nothing for Damage over Time - and as you progress, the Game throws more and more DOTs at you (so your cake walk experience might not last).
Until you get Cyclone, you will need to use another skill and my current favourite is Smite (supported by Ancestral Call, Melee Splash) but there are several options according to taste.

If you are not set on any particular Build and are just looking for a taste, I would actually suggest trying out WOD's SloMo Zombie/Skeleton Build. It does not require a great weapon to really dish out the damage. You just have to be aware of the basic Minion rules/behaviours. It's also somewhat more squishy, but you can put a lot of your combat effort into keeping clear of trouble rather than dishing out the hurt. But if you want to be able to stand in the fire, stick with the Gladiator.

Edit: I suggest considering juggling the gem links to fit in a Movement Skill and a Curse (if you don't mind the extra Skill keys/buttons).
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Last edited by walkjohn55 on Aug 20, 2019, 10:37:26 PM
So I took this build and changed it to a Juggernaut (time on my hands, I guess).

I swapped out the Shield for Dual Wield, and made adjustments, including adding a couple of +1 Endurance Charges. It seemed to work out rather well which is probably more of a tribute to the robustness of WOD's Build rather than the changes that I made.

Dual Wielding did allow me to find a weapon solution that seemed relatively cheap: dual wield Ahn's Might with a Pacifism socketed in the Tree (found the suggestion in a build by Forum ID Asramero). I had already dropped Resolute Technique - 'cause POB said it was better that way - and so the extra Crit stuff was not wasted. I'm still using a -Mana Cost ring and so missing a hit and running out of Mana is not a real concern.

Any how, the Build took a lickin' and kept on tickin'.

(Legion_CyJugg_onthePath if anyone wants to peek)
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
"
New player here and looking to try it in SSF, is it advised?
Spoiler
(my opinion)

Yes, with an asterisk.

The asterisk regards the weapon. You will be able to find swords that work, and there are some not uncommon uniques that fit well ... but in my opinion, getting a nice sword would be very RNG in SSF. It all depends on what your aspirations are. If you just want to check out the lay of the land, this Build will serve wonderfully (go through the Acts, start on Maps). At some point though, you will likely really want a better weapon. The Gladiator Block is absolutely awesome but it does nothing for Damage over Time - and as you progress, the Game throws more and more DOTs at you (so your cake walk experience might not last).
Until you get Cyclone, you will need to use another skill and my current favourite is Smite (supported by Ancestral Call, Melee Splash) but there are several options according to taste.

If you are not set on any particular Build and are just looking for a taste, I would actually suggest trying out WOD's SloMo Zombie/Skeleton Build. It does not require a great weapon to really dish out the damage. You just have to be aware of the basic Minion rules/behaviours. It's also somewhat more squishy, but you can put a lot of your combat effort into keeping clear of trouble rather than dishing out the hurt. But if you want to be able to stand in the fire, stick with the Gladiator.

Edit: I suggest considering juggling the gem links to fit in a Movement Skill and a Curse (if you don't mind the extra Skill keys/buttons).
Hey Humane21712,

Good question and welcome to PoE! walkjohn55 always gives good posts (and thanks for the kind words) and I agree that the Zombie build I have is also very good for SSF. But I would hands-down say that this build is also great for SSF (and not cause it's my build). The defence of this build is very strong and simple to achieve. This build does require swords specifically though (as mentioned). That's the con to consider with this build. But I haven't found swords hard to come by in SSF for myself. All the important skill gems of this build come naturally to it as well so you don't have to wait too long to apply the gems to the build.

I honestly make all my guides for SSF though, as that's how I play. (Well, I'm actually in Standard but I don't buy anything. I just like to sell what I don't use. So it's unofficially SSF ;).)

Thanks for asking.

Annnnnd

"
walkjohn55 wrote:
So I took this build and changed it to a Juggernaut (time on my hands, I guess).

I swapped out the Shield for Dual Wield, and made adjustments, including adding a couple of +1 Endurance Charges. It seemed to work out rather well which is probably more of a tribute to the robustness of WOD's Build rather than the changes that I made.

Dual Wielding did allow me to find a weapon solution that seemed relatively cheap: dual wield Ahn's Might with a Pacifism socketed in the Tree (found the suggestion in a build by Forum ID Asramero). I had already dropped Resolute Technique - 'cause POB said it was better that way - and so the extra Crit stuff was not wasted. I'm still using a -Mana Cost ring and so missing a hit and running out of Mana is not a real concern.

Any how, the Build took a lickin' and kept on tickin'.

(Legion_CyJugg_onthePath if anyone wants to peek)
That's a really cool change. Did you find you were still blocking lots? The changes are neat. It was cool to look through.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info