I remember being scammed in d2.

I'm a former whale in a previous life. :)
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
helo plz drop itam plz will dupe free
“What kind of f*cking neighborhood is this!?”
“People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.”
Are you even old enough to remember D2, Your Majesty?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Woot! I'm a minnow!
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Scammed, peh. Murdered? Now that was memorable.

Nostalgia sound

"
It was in act 1 I wanted to buy a Shako so we talked for like 5 mins eventually coming to an agreement. We traded and what I got was a helm with a green socket WHAT A DOOKIE NOSE FART DOLPHIN 6000 a lesson was learned that day feels good man.

Btw it really does force you to look it the item in poe just sayin.

LIES. You're just plagiarizing my story about getting scammed because you're too young for the D2 days =p
Yep, totally over league play.
I remember someone exploiting a bug against me in D2(I knew he was doing something weird... I just didn't expect what happened)

if you have a full inventory of items, and an item on your cursor and someone kills you in pvp you dropped everything you had equipped on the ground instead of it being on your corpse
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Nevermind being scammed in D2, I remember being TownKilled by Fire Wall in Diablo 1. And then MonsterKilled by a fireball. Both of which resulted in all my gear falling to the ground. That was a serious shock and the first time I seriously considered hacking a game to save my gear. Not long after that I was hex-editing my own items. Oh, what a slippery slope that was...

I remember that townkill hack. We might be one of the few on here who actually played diablo 1. Are there more of us here?

I used to always keep my distance to players in town as much as i could. You never knew what could happen.

If anyone is unfamiliar with diablo 1 there was actually friendly fire on by default. I was using chain lightning and had to be very very careful to not hit and kill my party members while clearing. When you died in diablo 1 all your gear dropped to the ground. It was a serious hardcore game but very enjoyable for the same reasons.

I have a story from that game i remember.
I was doing a diablo run with an acquaintance i had been talking to for a while. When we had started clearing a bit he killed me from behind and all my items dropped to the ground. He didn't take any of them but was standing there guarding them so i couldn't return and pick them up.
Everytime i tried to get my items back he'd kill me.

Back then there were clan wars in the game. I didn't participate in any unfortunately but i should have known he would turn hostile on me as he was in a clan we had declared war to.

After some talk and deaths he let me have my gear back. He only wanted the kill to post on the clan website. He was a truly honourable warrior after all :)
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 25, 2019, 9:43:08 AM
I successfully scammed people on SOJs. And also ran an enigma scam, got 2 people in one day on that one!

Scamming was the only legitimate way to get stuff. I ended up getting an EBOTD in a scam one time, and remember deciding to roll a barb. Which was the only time I rolled a barb on ladder in my entire time playing D2. It was Sorc or Pally for me. Barb with EBOTD was SAVAGE in PVP. Instagibbed lots of peeps. Fuck, I can't even remember what setup I ran, but I remember asking the PVPers what they did, and pretty much copied what they were running.

Yes, I will scam your ass in a video game, and not feel guilty about it.

When I used to play WoW years ago, I made a female character, claimed to be a female IRL, and took advantage of lonely beta gamer virgins. This was all a game for me, fucking with people's heads, etc. I got epic flying for free, and they pugged me on raids, and the guild I was in even held back rolling on some items just so I could have it. They got their ass trolled! I eventually told them I was a dude, and they were mad! I took advantage of gamer-virgin chivalry to get ahead! HAHAHAHAHHA!
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 25, 2019, 6:32:00 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I successfully scammed people on SOJs. And also ran an enigma scam, got 2 people in one day on that one!

Scamming was the only legitimate way to get stuff. I ended up getting an EBOTD in a scam one time, and remember deciding to roll a barb. Which was the only time I rolled a barb on ladder in my entire time playing D2. It was Sorc or Pally for me. Barb with EBOTD was SAVAGE in PVP. Instagibbed lots of peeps. Fuck, I can't even remember what setup I ran, but I remember asking the PVPers what they did, and pretty much copied what they were running.

Yes, I will scam your ass in a video game, and not feel guilty about it.

When I used to play WoW years ago, I made a female character, claimed to be a female IRL, and took advantage of lonely beta gamer virgins. This was all a game for me, fucking with people's heads, etc. I got epic flying for free, and they pugged me on raids, and the guild I was in even held back rolling on some items just so I could have it. They got their ass trolled! I eventually told them I was a dude, and they were mad! I took advantage of gamer-virgin chivalry to get ahead! HAHAHAHAHHA!

This is why I trust no-one in any game. Way back in BC wow we had a guy come in and ingratiate himself with the Guild Leader, then he robbed everyone blind after I spent an hour powerlevelling him. I levelled him from level 5 to level 40 and then he emptied the gstash, switched to his main and tried to pvp everyone. As far as pretending to be a girl in a game, that's never worked on me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info