[3.10] Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead, Uber Elder deathless.

Any recommendation for what node to annoint on the amulet?
Was thinking GravePact but i'm unsure :)

Thanks for the most fun build i've played for quite some time! Playing the Necromancer big dps version.
"
Rizasha wrote:
Any recommendation for what node to annoint on the amulet?
Was thinking GravePact but i'm unsure :)

Thanks for the most fun build i've played for quite some time! Playing the Necromancer big dps version.

Freedom Of Movement is an excellent budget node to take. Works well with this build (or any build for that matter lol).

I ended up taking a 6L Belly Of The Beast. Plan on getting the +1 curse node when I get a few golden oils. Spam mobs with Flammability and Enfeeble - UNTOUCHABLE! LUL
ill do a poet pener :)

but shouldnt be low life with shavs/chayula much better?
i mean its quite a bit more damage ^^
and it should be realatively ez to reach 6k+ es

il give it a try but have no idea which guide to follow (im bad at this game sadly :P
Last edited by rotheee on Sep 23, 2019, 9:50:16 AM
"
rotheee wrote:
ill do a poet pener :)

but shouldnt be low life with shavs/chayula much better?
i mean its quite a bit more damage ^^
and it should be realatively ez to reach 6k+ es

il give it a try but have no idea which guide to follow (im bad at this game sadly :P

"Better" is very subjective ;)
It all depends what your goals with the build are, it could be better for you. I can't tell, since i never done one and never seen one done by somebody else(which i'm pretty sure is out there). For me personally 6k es is very low, 8k is minimum to feal good.
I'm doing a variant of this build.

If you're looking for a slightly different tanky version, I'm combining soul tether, spirit offering, a doryani timeless jewel, and vaal pact to make one hell of a leech tank. Altogether you get 24+20+6=50% of your life as maximum ES. That synergizes amazingly well with Kaom's, and it's possible to get EHP of 12k+ with Vaal Pact leech.
"
masonjeans wrote:
I'm doing a variant of this build.

If you're looking for a slightly different tanky version, I'm combining soul tether, spirit offering, a doryani timeless jewel, and vaal pact to make one hell of a leech tank. Altogether you get 24+20+6=50% of your life as maximum ES. That synergizes amazingly well with Kaom's, and it's possible to get EHP of 12k+ with Vaal Pact leech.

Sounds interesting, i would like to see it in action against some tough content.
ill do it with incandesence heart CI version.

the 25%less eledamage will negate the es prob (about 7k)
not sure how i will handle phys. damage ^^
Playing this build with the Necro dmg version.

Invested about 40ex in Blight and its a breeze.

Only the Lag with VD+Spell Cascade makes some things like Legions to be one big lag. :P

Oneshotted every Shaper Phase without him beeing able to do anything with lvl 80.

"
1337fun wrote:

Sounds interesting, i would like to see it in action against some tough content.

I'm currently breezing through t13s, unfortunately I can't record video on my pc. Damage is a tiny bit low for a VD build right now, but the tankiness is great.

I'm sitting at about 6k life 1600 es at level 87. Between cwdt spirit offering and vaal pact leech, my sustain is incredible.

I've got a few major upgrades to make still that should solve my damage issues and finish the build off - essence crafted gloves, xophs blood, an anger leech watchers eye, and the doryani jewel.

I'm debating whether to annoint disciple of unyielding for the endurance charges or the fortify node to abuse with a hybrid flask.

I've bought the xoph's blood already but I forgot that my amulet is my source of leech lol, so I'm holding off on using it until I farm the ~1ex needed for the watcher's eye. All told I think I need about 3ex to finish this off.

Once I round out those purchase (and a few other things like jewels) in the next day or two, I'll be sitting at about 7.5k life 4k es. Damage is difficult to estimate, but I'm already blowing through red maps and I haven't equipped two of the most important dps items (gloves and xoph's) so I'm not super worried.

edit: update. It was much harder than expected to get a doryani jewel that wouldn't royally screw up my passive tree when used in the MoM location, so I had to sacrifice some life nodes to path out to pain attunement. I'm at 6k life/3.5k es right now and this feels insanely strong. I would really recommend taking a look at this way of building it - you pretty much just sacrifice your belt slot, a jewel slot, and a few passive points to give yourself a 50% more life modifier.
Last edited by masonjeans on Sep 25, 2019, 4:40:37 PM
Ok, I think I'm pretty much done with gear unless I somehow go complete 180 and go ES version.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2251278

5.3k life
~10-16 APS buffed (4.33 APS unbuffed)
9-12 VDs per attack. Max ~6.5 VDs per second.
59% chance to block attacks (15% unbuffed)
43% chance to block spells (8% unbuffed)
112% movement speed (40% unbuffed)

Level 24 animate guardian with the following buffs/debuffs:
Nearby enemies can't critical
Nearby enemies have -9% fire resistance
Nearby allies have culling strike
Nearby allies have fortify
Nearby allies's action speed can't be modified below base value (ie can't be frozen)
Nearby allies have 10% movement speed

Last edited by hobbes3k on Sep 28, 2019, 1:10:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info