Returning to PoE to scam people

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Zionyaru wrote:
Charan has spoken as the herald of Off Topic, and here we magically are.

Welcome to the cesspool, enjoy your stay.

Let me know when you're done with that signature. I'll give it a good wash and try it on. It'll be like a cougar getting back into her prom dress. ^_^

It honestly arose from the mild frustration of giving controversial answers to difficult threads, and then having them be accepted and the threads then just dying because nobody had anything else to add.

I need some intellectual stimulation, not just acceptance of what I say.

Dang yo.

( Then again there's barely been anything fun to comment on this league because it's actually pretty decent. Just the same boring old threads complaining about scams and trade that people default to when there's so little to complain about in regards to the league mechanic itself :c )
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
To make the kids feel a little better about themselves I will relive the few moments where I got bamboozled. Did you know that cD2 never had a delay between putting an item in the trade window and hitting accept for several months?

I lost my first wormskull this way and back then before we knew even how to get a soj everyone wanted frostburns and a wormskull because corpse explode necros were all the rage. You would time the trade just right where you knew just when the other player was going to click accept and thats when you'd remove your item from the trade window. Back then I dont think there was even a trade channel for a while but I am not 100% on this. I do remember there always being games called "trade" back where the community would actually interact with each other instead of lifelessly sifting through filters on trade sites and crying on the general forums about how unfair headhunter is. Understandably if these whiners actually fell upon a HH all their whining would conveniently stop. Anyway, It was not uncommon to be in a trade game where someone would suddenly flip out that so and so just jacked their stuff. I vaguely remember scamming a scammer after he just took advantage of someone else in a trade game. Eventually Blizzard "fixed" this and added the red delay X when any items were removed by the player. I put fixed in quotes because cD2 felt like the wild west. I am sure hundreds of years ago you would run into random people and trade with them. Some men would get killed during the encounter. The game felt like this and when combined with PKing causing players to lose exp there was a real sense of danger in cD2. Stay away from strangers and if you were compelled to get close you would always have your guard up or you may be taken for. This was especially true in hell with the highest level of players. The game really was exciting and full of tension and you need to have the risk of loss to actually feel this.

A more modern scam which I still dont understand what exactly happened was when a guy told me to drop my loot on a narrow bridge on the Kurast docks and for me to body block the bridge so he couldnt walk by. I knew that my item was going to get taken but curiosity killed the cat. I guess there was some kind of desync or drop hack I didnt know about and I was soon disconnected. I didnt even log back into the game but the gentleman was nice enough to pm me "hahahahahahahahaha". "wp" I replied as I went upon my merry little way.

In the old days the telekinesis spell would pick up all items and not just normal ones. If someone was dumb enough to drop their loot safely behind a wall you could grab it from afar. I actually had an alt sorc with max TK which was really deceptive because people got used to this trick but the spell had a very short range unless levelled which was uncommon. The victim would walk out of what they thought was max range and Id still yoink it.

Last edited by Massy on Jul 9, 2019, 8:48:56 AM
"
Massy wrote:
Angry rambling noises

Morbid curiosity here I suppose, but what made you suddenly decide to come back and write war memoirs on your D2 days?

Just a kick of nostalgia from the sheer quantity of threads complaining about scams in general discussion?
this is my new favorite thread. I like hearing the scam stories, they're neat.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
He's both condemned you to Off Topic and activated his savage mode.

GL @OP. Everyone else be sure to grab some popcorn.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Massy wrote:

[Removed by Support]

And then beating them up and stealing their lunch money because they don't pay you enough at McDonald's.

hahahah good one.

I guess nobody is listen to Massy at home therefore he comes here to make something exciting.

i think story nr.5 contains: anni drop scam
nr. 6: flash hack
nr. 7: pk in town hack
nr. 8 full inv. corpse scam

CU!!
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on Jul 9, 2019, 9:32:45 AM
Story 4 kind of reminds me of a precursor to leeroy jenkins. You could, and maybe still can, cover up a corpse of a slain enemy with trash items and get them to fill their inventory with basic gear so that in their panic they would click a bunch of the large items partially covering their dead body and then finally clicking their actual corpse while being full. What this did was took some of their actual real items from the corpse and put it on their person but since the victim couldnt take all his gear from being full and you could not have 2 corpses, when you killed him again a lot of his real items would fall to the ground. This is a basic lesson in D2 that any dueler or Pker has fallen to before early on in their career.

I remember some kid coming into a dueling game with his capslock key on telling us how bad we were about to get fucked up. Like really weirdly uncommonly aggressive shit talk. The dueling out of town stopped. No body knew each other in this game but we were on the same page. Ol Leeroy came out to destroy and all of us pounced on him at once. The kid cried like some r3ddit kid typically would and as the other players were camping his corpse I went to town to get the finest white armors that charsi had to offer. The key to successfully corpse popping someone is to apply pressure. I instructed everyone to fall back and when Leeroy ran out of town to retrieve his corpse I followed him very closely but did not attack. He raced to his body and picked up all that shit gear and clicked his corpse in a panic. Out popped most of his gear, all mine for the taking. He instantly left the game so I sent him a nice PM. Leeroy couldnt handle it though, he had left the game, started getting my friendly messages and decided to close the client as well. I saved his account and would send him a random PM on occasion.
Last edited by Massy on Jul 9, 2019, 9:19:50 AM
Return to PoE to scam people.

Get's scammed out of time to scam people in PoE.

Look up "focus" OP, it's solid when trying to attain a particular goal.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Seriously, is that all you've got? Do you even know what my title means?

I'm off to bed. I'm old and you're boring.

Maybe we'll pick this up later, but I doubt it. Hopefully you'll be posting less and in-game scamming more, since apparently that's why you've returned.

I hope it wasn't to look like a badass on the forum, because you've managed to do the exact opposite of that in exactly two pages.

Cya.

I guess you could say he took a deep swig of rotgut and decided to ignore how badly it burned him on the way down.
Hi Exiles!

While we encourage community discussions please keep in mind that attacking other players is a breach of our Code of Conduct.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info