Le Toucan Race: Legion SSF SC, some hard mods, optional asynchronous 'Race to 125 Atlas'

Howdy folks. Please head to https://pathofexile.com/private-leagues/join/Le+Toucan+Race+Will+Arrive/8UHgBYtFVOj7u5YCdoF4 and you will be immediately added. This link expires daily, hopefully I'll be able to keep replacing it - if it doesn't work for you, just reply.

Don't want to instantly join but just want to see the league details? Check them out here: https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/Le+Toucan+Race+Will+Arrive

Want to chat with others in the league? Join /global 1187.

The race is over but the league has been extended.

I'm hosting a private league with the following rules set. Originally planned for starting 13-Jul-2019, something went wrong with the setup and it has already started! Oops.

It's going for 20 days now.

- Parented to Legion SSF
- Increased Monster Life 2 (+40%)
- Increased Monster Speed 2 (+20%)
- Monsters have Multiple Projectiles (+2)
- Reduced Player Resistances 2 (-40%)
- No rare or magic items drop

These mods slow progression somewhat.

They also add difficulty without adding (much) to the chance for one-shots, unlike the more one-shot focused mods that aren't used (increased monster damage, '%phys as extra elemental damage').

I've never enjoyed the Famine, No Vendor or No Stash mods so they aren't present.

If you are interested, please give me a headsup in this thread and I will invite you, or if there is an active autojoin link just click that. (Those expire every 24 hours and I'll re-create them as needed)

There will be a crowdfunding for more slots beyond the initial 110 I'll fund. Contributing to this is completely optional. Please don't contribute unless you have your personal finances under control (i.e. at least six months rent in the bank) - if you aren't in that category don't pay a cent.

The (Optional) Asynchronous Race - FOR HISTORICAL INTEREST ONLY, RACE IS NOW CLOSED. WINNERS TO BE ANNOUNCED IN THE NEXT 2 DAYS

Racing in a game which crosses timezones can be difficult.

This is an experiment in seeing how well an asynchronous race can work. You are free to play at a time of your convenience during the twenty day period of the league. The best time wins.

To ensure fairness, only your first character that hits level 20 will count. (Otherwise you can cheese the "/played" time too easily by doing hard maps on your first character).

If you have no interest in racing, you are welcome to play in the league for your own enjoyment. The race is completely optional. I'll be entering the race with no expectation of having even a remote chance of winning.

There will be small prizes for the following categories. Players can only win one prize (winning one category disqualifies you from all subsequent ones):

- Lowest /played time to 125 Atlas bonus with 0 /deaths
- Lowest /played time to 125 Atlas bonus, with any number of /deaths. Each death will incur a 15 minute time penalty (so a player with 16 hours 3 minutes and 3 deaths will be deemed to have a time of 16 hours 48 minutes).
- One player that makes it to 80 Atlas bonus or higher, picked at random.
- One player that makes it to level 50 or higher, picked at random.

To validate wins, I'll ask people looking to enter the draw for 80 Atlas bonus to post screenshots of their League atlas. For people looking to claim victory in the first two categories, you will need to post a short videoclip (the free software "OBS" will do this for you easily if you don't stream) that shows your Atlas, shows the league mods, and has you type /played and /deaths into chat.

The prizes will probably be copies of the 'Le Toucan' meme t-shirt I'm getting printed for myself for Exilecon.

Prizes will be finalized at the end of the league, Saturday, 27-Jul-2019 17:56:15 AEST.
Le Toucan Will Return
Last edited by sirgog on Aug 13, 2019, 6:40:01 PM
Last bumped on Aug 3, 2019, 7:38:52 AM
+1
IGN:OYY_II
"
sirgog wrote:

Didn't realize this link was basically an instant join. I'm not playing this, just wanted to see the league. Remove me if you can. Sorry.
Last edited by Joernzen on Jul 7, 2019, 7:22:47 AM
Hello,

Please invite if there are any spaces left. Will not be competitive maybe can get to 80 completion in the time.

Thanks.

Edit, I'm in thx.
Last edited by Elric_1591 on Jul 7, 2019, 7:27:39 AM
"
Joernzen wrote:
"
sirgog wrote:

Didn't realize this link was basically an instant join. I'm not playing this, just wanted to see the league. Remove me if you can. Sorry.

Done. You've been purged.
Le Toucan Will Return
This sounds awesome! I love the idea of removing the Time element from the race. This will come down to skill and good decision making, what a cool idea!

I applied and am excited! also what global chat are we using

auto accept didn't work btw
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
Last edited by wallsh1 on Jul 7, 2019, 1:39:21 PM
"
wallsh1 wrote:
This sounds awesome! I love the idea of removing the Time element from the race. This will come down to skill and good decision making, what a cool idea!

I applied and am excited! also what global chat are we using

auto accept didn't work btw

There's a couple weaknesses with the asynchronous format, I'll be interested to see through experience what they are (mostly the ones I can think of involve Master resets being unequal). I am curious to see how impactful these are or aren't.

You have now been added.

I hadn't set up a global chat - I did in the last non-SSF league I established but generally I turn global off. However, if you want to nominate a number I will plug it in the original post.
Le Toucan Will Return
I think 1187 would be good!
"Life isn't a problem to solve but a reality to experience." - Frank Herbert
----------------------------------------
"
wallsh1 wrote:
I think 1187 would be good!

Global 1187 called out in opening post
Le Toucan Will Return
11 Hours played, 8 hours of penalties accrued :) This is brutal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info