[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Do you think it's ever worth running the legion stones for profit? They can be sold quite well. I did the 4 way one to unlock the 5way map device but didn't get any notable drops. Not sure if on average you'd do better than just selling the fragments.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
If you want to make a build that ONLY does legion, I'd recommend usgin a carcass jack, a bit more AOE on the tree, and MAYYYYBE the amplifier shield.

If you want to also kill bosses/clear maps easily, this is still a good thread to follow, as is a ViN assassin (though it's pretty expensive atm). For only legion, the best builds is ViN pathfinder, it's just stupid. Doesn't do anything else tho...

But anyways. didn't have problems breaking legions yet, maybe I'll have some in t19 maps? I doubt it.

Damn I spent A LOT of Chromatics getting these sockets on Hyrri's haha. I'll stick with the guide for now and see how I do. Here's the gear I acquired in my rebuild. Bow was 2.5 ex Armor 4ex I thought that was good prices for both. Everything else can definitely be upgraded as they were mostly bought for under 50 chaos a piece.

Anyone have thoughts on best places to look for upgrades? Im looking out for an affordable Green Nightmare right now but the Malevolence watchers eye is probably too pricey, do we have a good alternative to that?

"
Goldenhawk07 wrote:

Anyone have thoughts on best places to look for upgrades? Im looking out for an affordable Green Nightmare right now but the Malevolence watchers eye is probably too pricey, do we have a good alternative to that?

Gj, pretty good gear overall ^^
You aren't high enough level, if you can't afford watcher's eye just don't get the socket. I still don't have it, I'll grab it at 97 (and when I get the 10ex it costs). It's fine, upgrading your bow is cheaper and more damage than the watcher's eye anyways.
"
Shaddolf wrote:
Do you think it's ever worth running the legion stones for profit? They can be sold quite well. I did the 4 way one to unlock the 5way map device but didn't get any notable drops. Not sure if on average you'd do better than just selling the fragments.

Stones are only worth it if you are a HH carry. You need a specific build for that, like temp chain cyclone, TS or winter orb.
You can find free carries on 820 who seek experience, so there's that... But ED's notoriously bad at doing it.
How is this build clear speed? I have a caustic arrow trickster that i wanna reroll (quite similar gear) and looking for legion monolith farming.
"
How is this build clear speed? I have a caustic arrow trickster that i wanna reroll (quite similar gear) and looking for legion monolith farming.

It's better than caustic arrow for sure. I'd say 4/5. Not a bomber assassin, ice shot or savior flicker, but it's very fast. It's also the 2nd best build overall for legion, first being ice nova.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"

It's better than caustic arrow for sure. I'd say 4/5. Not a bomber assassin, ice shot or savior flicker, but it's very fast. It's also the 2nd best build overall for legion, first being ice nova.

Thank you!
Anyone able to give some advice on my 81 trickster? I just used regrets and geared up last night .... the damage is there for t13-t14 maps, but this is far from unkillable and honestly feels pretty squishy.

I know I need to get a new belt/gloves but I want to make sure I am not missing something super obvious....

I feel like eldritch/MoM does little to help as usually my ES stays full (from what I can tell) but it is hard to watch both health and ES when it is protecting mana first.

I did drop EB/MoM for a second and it was terrible due to mana regen so I added it back - I just feel like I should be seeing some of the "unkillable-ness" where I am at.

I will watch more videos and work on reviewing everything again today - my goal for spending all the currency to get this char going was to have something that gets 1 shot far less and actually can fight t15/t16 bosses better than my primary BV trickster.
"
drocksmash wrote:
Anyone able to give some advice on my 81 trickster? I just used regrets and geared up last night .... the damage is there for t13-t14 maps, but this is far from unkillable and honestly feels pretty squishy.

I know I need to get a new belt/gloves but I want to make sure I am not missing something super obvious....

I feel like eldritch/MoM does little to help as usually my ES stays full (from what I can tell) but it is hard to watch both health and ES when it is protecting mana first.

I did drop EB/MoM for a second and it was terrible due to mana regen so I added it back - I just feel like I should be seeing some of the "unkillable-ness" where I am at.

I will watch more videos and work on reviewing everything again today - my goal for spending all the currency to get this char going was to have something that gets 1 shot far less and actually can fight t15/t16 bosses better than my primary BV trickster.

Well, going trough your gear, I at least know why you are dying ^^'
You have 94 flat life on your entire gear. On top of that, you are not using a defensive aura (spider of flesh&stone), and you are missing 15% dodge from flasks and anoint. Also, you are in red maps with a level 81 character.
So:
- Get a stygian vise belt. GEt life and onslaught on the jewel, t2 life at least on the belt and resistances.
- Get rings and amulets that have at LEAST 60 life each. On rings, the hybrid temple mod that gives %life too is amazing, and pretty cheap by now (like, 20c for a really good ring. Search it up).
- Get a pair of boots with life and the matatl's mod. A bit of resists if you need, but you'll fill the rest on your gloves.
- Get a pair of gloves with at least 70 (that's crafted, piss easy) life and the last missing resistances you need. Vixen's do abvsolutely nothing for us, drop it ^^
- Replace your stibnite flask with a quartz.
- Get the following suffixes on flasks:
+ STAUNCHING (are you dying as soon as you kill a bloodline pack right now? That must be frustrating... Get this on a bubbling divine flask preferably)
+ HEAT (freeze immunity on a duration flask, preferably quartz is a must)
+ WARDING (not strictly necessary, but HUGE quality of life. On your last non quicksilver flask.)
- Remove that mana flask (wtf?), and start using a quicksilver flask of adrenaline like everyone else.
- Anoint freedom of movement to reach dodge cap.
- Fix your pantheon. Soul of lunaris should be upgraded for the 5% dodge, and shakari for the poison immunity.
- Start running a flesh and stone (in sand stance ofc) somewhere, or craft spider aspect if you can. You will need an enlighten 3 (10-15c, don't worry).
- Fix your tree! Remove assassination, pick up blood drinker and start heading towards melding.
- Level up. 81 is very very low, way too little to run t16 maps. Right now I understand that there is no way you can gain xp in red maps, you'll just continuously die. But with the changes above you'll have at LEAST 4.2k hp and 2k es, you should die wayyyyyyy less. Once you can, pick up wind dancer.

Kudos for crafting endurance charges on your jewelry, that's a good move. But it doesn't compensate not having life anywhere.
In total, I have 500+ flat life on my gear along with 24% increased. While I of course have very potent items by now, you should be aiming for at least t3 life on all your pieces, aiming for at least 350 flat and some %increased on your rings if possible.

Hope that helps. The rest of your gear is alright. bow is pretty good with the extra cold res, hyrri's is well rolled and vertex/soulstrike are good.
Good luck fixing this, hopefully you'll make it work and enjoy it! It can be frustrating to die repeatedly on content, but that only means you need to tailor your character more.
Gl hf!
Thank you so much... that is a super informative response to a lazy effort question.

I will start working on all this now, can you help me figure out how to find matatl's boots via poe.trade or pathofexile.com/trade?

Is searching for the 6% dodge attack + movement + life not the way to find them?

I got a pair - disregard!
Last edited by drocksmash on Jan 23, 2020, 9:13:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info